Away is a global lifestyle brand with a mission to transform travel through products and content that inspire people to get away more. In support of our mission, we are seeking a Senior Digital Designer to join our Creative team.
Want to help us transform the travel experience? This role will partner with creative, production, product marketing and ecommerce teams to design exquisite, engaging and effective digital design experiences for seasonal campaigns and product launches spanning ecommerce, social, paid media, email marketing and retail. You will report to the Creative Director, Digital based in our New York City office.
As a company that values diversity, equity, and inclusion, Away seeks individuals of all backgrounds and experiences to apply for this opportunity. We’re creating an environment where everyone can thrive. Our customers are global and diverse, so we’re building a team that is too. Through initiatives like our employee resource groups, anti-racism training, and bias prevention initiatives, we’re building the cultural foundation that gives people the emotional and physical space to bring their authentic selves to work.
This is a temp-to-hire opportunity to fully support Away in the interim (in a remote capacity) full-time (40hrs/week).
What you’ll do:
- Lead the design and creation of digital assets across a variety of channels in a range of formats with quality and consistency.
- Push the boundaries of our digital ecosystem and continue to iterate on the UX/UI design for site enhancements to help elevate and improve the customer experience.
- Elevate our brand by creating and maintaining a high bar of visual excellence across all digital touchpoints.
- Work closely with the full Creative, Digital, and Growth teams to deliver on business and creative goals through thoughtful design decisions.
- Glean insights from research and analytics to form new design solutions from your findings.
- Present digital projects to key stakeholders outside the Creative team.
- Review final work with an exacting eye to ensure delivered files are to spec.
- Bring your passion and enthusiasm for digital interaction and design and keep on top of the latest trends online
Who you are:
- 6 years designing high-end digital and interactive projects, ideally for startups or agencies.
- The energy and drive to deliver the best design in the industry and the ability to manage multiple projects in tandem.
- A willingness to push the boundaries. We’re not interested in the status quo.
- A portfolio of digital projects that have elevated a brand’s digital experience
- Competence in Figma and Adobe. Bonus points for Webflow, animation and HTML & CSS.
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment.
- Team player with a "no task is too small" attitude
- Enjoys working in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment
- Passionate about transforming travel (but that’s a given!)
- We travel. We encourage you to take time to recharge outside of the office. You’ll have generous PTO to explore new places and access to Away products to ensure your travels are seamless. And once you’re here for three years, you’ll earn a sabbatical and a bonus to take a well-deserved trip.
- We’re not just employees. We’re people. We offer insurance coverage (health, vision, and dental), tax savings plans for retirement, dependent care, commuter benefits, generous and inclusive parental leave, and a kitchen stocked with organic snacks and coffee.
- We’ll invest in your career. Our company’s growing quickly, and we’ll give you the opportunity to do the same. You’ll have access to a number of professional development opportunities so that you can keep up with the company’s evolving needs.
- We’re creating an environment where everyone can thrive. Our customers are global and diverse, so we’re building a team that is, too. Through initiatives like our employee resource groups, our new office in downtown Manhattan, and more, we’re building the cultural foundation that gives people the emotional and physical space to bring their best selves to work.
- We offer competitive compensation packages. We deeply value the talent our team brings to the table, and believe that fair and equitable total compensation packages are part of our commitment to everyone who works here.
- And so much more…! You can bring your dog to work. We organize ways to give back to our local communities.
Away is a global lifestyle brand with a mission to transform travel through products and content that inspire people to get away more. The company launched in 2016 with one perfectly designed carry-on and has since expanded to offer an array of luggage and travel essentials built for the modern traveler. Headquartered in New York City, with teams in London and Toronto, Away currently ships products to over 35 countries around the world. Away has been named one of Fast Company’s “World’s Most Innovative Companies” and has been recognized on TIME’s list of “Best Inventions.” To learn more, visit awaytravel.com.
Away is dedicated to hiring a diverse workplace that celebrates an inclusive culture and a sense of belonging. As an equal opportunity employer, we do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, gender expression, and sexual orientation), national origin, age, veteran status, genetic information or disability.
Away is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com.