THIS JOB REQUIRES UK WORK AUTHORIZATION
Away is seeking a Digital Marketing Manager on a six-month fixed-term contract to join our International team in London. The Digital Marketing Manager will be responsible for executing and scaling paid social campaigns, with a particular focus on the UK, EU and Canada. This role reports into the Head of Marketing, UK/EU with a dotted line to our US-based Growth Marketing team.
We’re looking for a performance-driven marketeer who’ll be responsible for managing Away’s paid media budget in order to grow our customer base quickly, efficiently, and sustainably. The right candidate is excited to join a fast-paced team, eager to learn, ready for responsibility and hungry to make an impact on our growing international business.
This role is based out of the UK (currently fully remote with a view to returning to a central London office at a later date) and partners closely with the UK-based International team, a US-based paid social agency, and US-based cross-functional key stakeholders.
What You’ll Do:
- Ideate, develop and execute go to market regional campaigns – primarily for Facebook and Instagram – in partnership with marketing leads for the UK/EU and Canada.
- Partner with our paid social agency to execute day-to-day channel optimizations, including but not limited to: ad rotation, building, QAing, launching new ads, and budget reallocation.
- Analyze and track campaign and channel performance, build reporting dashboards, and recommend opportunities to improve existing campaigns or generate new learnings for the business.
- Partner with the local and global teams to ensure international market nuances are accounted for within upfront channel strategy.
- Vet new opportunities within existing/up and coming performance channels, to prioritize investment levels and testing strategies in new and un/under-supported platforms.
- Work closely with our Creative team, generating briefs, providing recommendations to optimize performance, documenting tests, and regularly sharing findings to inform future evergreen and campaign initiatives.
- Develop hypotheses about factors influencing campaign and channel performance, then test and learn in collaboration with the wider global teams.
Who You Are:
- You have at least three years of directly and regionally relevant experience in paid social marketing and ideally broader performance marketing channels.
- You are comfortable working independently through uncertainty, managing risk, and making data-driven decisions. You don’t settle for the status quo and have a bias towards finding a better, more efficient way of doing things.
- You have a strong understanding of the media landscape and media consumption behaviors across Europe. You are curious and constantly learning about new trends.
- You are an expert in Excel and are comfortable creating models and performing data analysis and visualization. You’re familiar with Google Analytics or Adobe Analytics, and likely have had exposure to other data visualization tools, such as Looker and Tableau.
- You have strong verbal and written communication skills and are comfortable working across borders, time zones, and cross-functionally in a fast-paced environment.
- You have a low ego. You love to roll up your sleeves to make things happen. You are excited to join a small (but mighty) team bringing the Away brand to life in Europe.
Away is a global lifestyle brand with a mission to transform travel through products and content that inspire people to get away more. The company launched in 2016 with one perfectly designed carry-on and has since expanded to offer an array of luggage and travel essentials built for the modern traveller. Headquartered in New York City, with teams in London and Toronto, Away currently ships products to over 35 countries around the world. Away has been named one of Fast Company’s “World’s Most Innovative Companies” and has been recognized on TIME’s list of “Best Inventions.” To learn more, visit awaytravel.com.
Away is dedicated to hiring a diverse workplace that celebrates an inclusive culture and a sense of belonging. As an equal opportunity employer, we do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, gender expression, and sexual orientation), national origin, age, veteran status, genetic information or disability.
Away is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.