This is a seasonal temp role now through the end of the holiday season with potential for Part-Time or Full-Time employment.
We are a global lifestyle brand built on transforming the travel experience. In support of our mission, we are seeking a Part-Time seasonal Sales Associate to join our retail team at our store location in Seattle, University Village.
Our Retail team creates a transformative experience that inspires a global community. We build connections with our community through product expertise and merchandising, world-class-service standards, and operational excellence. We pride ourselves in owning the offline touch point for our community, and use it as an opportunity to create more Away fans.
Want to help us transform the travel industry? The ideal candidate will represent the Away brand by providing best-in-class support to all of our customers from the moment they step foot in the door til the moment they leave. You will directly contribute to the store’s success by having unparalleled customer interactions and by honing deep product expertise.
As a company that values diversity, equity, and inclusion, Away seeks individuals of all backgrounds and experiences to apply for this opportunity. We’re creating an environment where everyone can thrive. Our customers are global and diverse, so we’re building a team that is too. Through initiatives like our employee resource groups, Anti-racism training and bias prevention initiatives, we’re building the cultural foundation that gives people the emotional and physical space to bring their authentic selves to work.
What You'll Do:
- Provide exceptional customer service to every person, every time
- Deliver a memorable experience to each and every customer in a way that is uniquely Away
- Represent our brand and our core values
- Maintain the highest level of product knowledge and expertise. Help customers navigate through the shopping, product and sales journey
- Maintain the integrity of the space and uphold our visual standards
- Work in-store programs and events as needed
- Assist with any necessary processes and operations to keep the store alive and thriving!
Who You Are:
- Excellent communicator with a passion for people
- Comfortable working with all types of personalities
- Maintains cool under pressure
- An effective and expedient problem-solver with a keen attention to detail
- Positive attitude and feels there is no task too small and no task too large
- Eager to be at the frontline of a fast-paced and growing company
- Team player with a "no task is too small" attitude
- Enjoys working in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment
- Passionate about transforming travel (but that’s a given!)
- We’re creating an environment where everyone can thrive. Our customers are global and diverse, so we’re building a team that is too. Through initiatives like our employee resource groups and inclusion training, we’re building the cultural foundation that gives people the emotional and physical space to bring their best selves to work.
- Holiday Seasonal Perks. Our seasonal team members receive a product stipend and employee discounts on products!
- A little friendly competition. Our retail locations partake in weekly internal competitions with generous prizes.
- We're not just employees. We're people. It's the Holidays! We offer flexible work schedules with reasonable Holiday hours. Oh, and did we mention we're closed on Thanksgiving and Christmas Day too?
- And so much more...! Each break room is stocked with refreshments, snacks, and weekly team meals.
Launched in 2016 by co-founders Steph Korey and Jen Rubio, Away is a global lifestyle brand with a mission to transform travel. By selling directly to customers both online and through retail stores, Away is able to eliminate retailer mark up and offer high quality, thoughtfully designed luggage and travel essentials without driving up the price. In just under four years, Away has already been twice named one of Fast Company’s “World’s Most Innovative Companies,” and one of TIME’s “50 Most Genius Companies”. To learn more, visit awaytravel.com.
Away is dedicated to hiring a diverse workplace that celebrates an inclusive culture and a sense of belonging. As an equal opportunity employer, we do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, gender expression, and sexual orientation), national origin, age, veteran status, genetic information or disability.
Away is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com.