Away is a global lifestyle brand with a mission to transform travel through products and content that inspire people to get away more. In support of our mission, we are seeking a Quality Associate- Bags & Accessories to join our Quality team.
Want to help us transform the travel experience? The ideal candidate will have had experience in quality assurance in bags or soft goods, continuous product improvement, and building quality processes. You will report to the Senior Manager of Quality Assurance based in our New York City office.
As a company that values diversity, equity, and inclusion, Away seeks individuals of all backgrounds and experiences to apply for this opportunity. We’re creating an environment where everyone can thrive. Our customers are global and diverse, so we’re building a team that is too. Through initiatives like our employee resource groups, anti-racism training, and bias prevention initiatives, we’re building the cultural foundation that gives people the emotional and physical space to bring their authentic selves to work.
What you’ll do:
- Coordinates material, packaging and product testing according to standardized procedures as required to support product development and production.
- Provides data review of the laboratory results and interprets reports to non-technical functions.
- Monitors consumer complaint metrics and investigates customer quality issues and complaints, communicates directly with external and internal partners for solution.
- Performs continuous quality analysis of uncommon material behavior or testing results
- Writes and updates QC testing reports, test method and/or SOPs.
- Applies statistical techniques to procure components samples and experiment design for product evaluation and/or troubleshooting.
- Coordinates resolution of manufacturing deviations, root cause investigations, impact assessments and corrective action/preventive actions.
- Champion the use of quality tools, metrics and data to identify and drive quality improvement projects across all suppliers resulting in the overall improvement of the product and packaging.
- Drives quality control validation process including company’s quality system self- assessment, factory assessment of continuous improvement and annual report on product compliance.
- Supports multiple aspects of compliance for the Quality System such as product safety, sustainability of product and packaging, social responsibility and/or as required.
Who you are:
- Education: Bachelor’s degree of engineering, textile, or scientific discipline with minimal 1 years full time experience.
- Demonstrates ability to juggle and prioritize multiple tasks and projects simultaneously and successfully
- Dependable, detail oriented, organized and efficient, precise.
- Knowledge of consumer product safety compliance such as EU/REACH, California Prop 65, Consumer Product Safety Improvement Act and/or global regulation is a plus.
- Ability to follow written and verbal instructions with repeatable and accurate results.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Strong analytical skills and ability to perform statistical analysis
- Ability to deal effectively with time pressures, stress, and changing demands of the job on a regular basis.
- Able to travel internationally and domestically (up to 25%)
- Team player with a "no task is too small" attitude
- Enjoys working in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment
- Passionate about transforming travel (but that’s a given!)]
- You can show proof of COVID-19 vaccination & adherence to HQ COVID office policies using Bindle, a secure platform that verifies vaccination status without sharing private health information, within 30 days of hire
- We travel. We encourage you to take time to recharge outside of the office. You’ll have generous PTO to explore new places and access to Away products to ensure your travels are seamless. And once you’re here for three years, you’ll earn a sabbatical and a bonus to take a well-deserved trip.
- We’re not just employees. We’re people. We offer insurance coverage (health, vision, and dental), tax savings plans for retirement, dependent care, commuter benefits, generous and inclusive parental leave, and a kitchen stocked with organic snacks and coffee.
- We’ll invest in your career. Our company’s growing quickly, and we’ll give you the opportunity to do the same. You’ll have access to a number of professional development opportunities so that you can keep up with the company’s evolving needs.
- We’re creating an environment where everyone can thrive. Our customers are global and diverse, so we’re building a team that is, too. Through initiatives like our employee resource groups, our new office in downtown Manhattan, and more, we’re building the cultural foundation that gives people the emotional and physical space to bring their best selves to work.
- We offer competitive compensation packages. We deeply value the talent our team brings to the table, and believe that fair and equitable total compensation packages are part of our commitment to everyone who works here.
- And so much more…! You can bring your dog to work. We organize ways to give back to our local communities.
Away is a global lifestyle brand with a mission to transform travel through products and content that inspire people to get away more. The company launched in 2016 with one perfectly designed carry-on and has since expanded to offer an array of luggage and travel essentials built for the modern traveler. Headquartered in New York City, with teams in London and Toronto, Away currently ships products to over 35 countries around the world. Away has been named one of Fast Company’s “World’s Most Innovative Companies” and has been recognized on TIME’s list of “Best Inventions.” To learn more, visit awaytravel.com.
Away is dedicated to hiring a diverse workplace that celebrates an inclusive culture and a sense of belonging. As an equal opportunity employer, we do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, gender expression, and sexual orientation), national origin, age, veteran status, genetic information or disability.
Away is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com.