Away is a global lifestyle brand with a mission to transform travel through products and content that inspire people to get away more. In support of our mission, we are seeking a Sr. Manager, Retail Visual Merchandising to join our Retail team.
Want to help us transform the travel experience? Away is seeking a Sr. Manager, Retail Visual Merchandising. The position contributes to Away’s success by enhancing the store experience through creating outstanding visual merchandising displays. Our ideal candidate should have strong leadership skills, attention to detail and enjoy working in a dynamic, fast-paced environment. They will be a strong addition to our collaborative team and are passionate about bringing the travel experience to life.
As a company that values diversity, equity, and inclusion, Away seeks individuals of all backgrounds and experiences to apply for this opportunity. We’re creating an environment where everyone can thrive. Our customers are global and diverse, so we’re building a team that is too. Through initiatives like our employee resource groups, anti-racism training, and bias prevention initiatives, we’re building the cultural foundation that gives people the emotional and physical space to bring their authentic selves to work.
Please send a cover letter, resume, and samples of your work to the provided email address (resumes and cover letters will only be accepted in PDF format).
What you’ll do:
- Plan, create and implement overall store visual merchandising strategy to enhance the retail experience and drive store performance
- Develop visual display directives for retail store fleet
- Concept dynamic window displays to highlight new product launches and campaigns
- Closely partner with cross-functional teams such as creative, brand and digital ,merchandising to ensure Away’s messaging is consistent across all customer touchpoints and that strategies are channel-specific appropriate
- Partner with store design to evolve fixture programs that maximize product presentation cost-effectively
- Be able to clearly convey your design vision through visual presentations and written communication (creative decks, drawing/sketching moodboards, etc.)
- Participate in projects from initial concept to final execution and documentation
- Work with outside vendors to create mechanicals, prototypes and tests for new experiences
- Grow team knowledge towards best practices and standards in Away’s retail environments
- Solve merchandising issues and adjust based on inventory stock outs to create and maintain inspiring presentations
- Lead weekly roundtable conversations with in-store VM leads
- Collaborate with store design team on renovations and new store openings
Who you are:
- 4 years experience in a similar role, preferably in a retail channel
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field
- A portfolio demonstrating graphic design, visual merchandising or interior design
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop)
- The ability to think spatially and about how a brand is expressed through the retail experience
- Team player with a "no task is too small" attitude
- Enjoys working in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment
- Passionate about transforming travel (but that’s a given!)
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong organizational skills and work ethic
- An ability to multitask projects simultaneously
- You can show proof of COVID-19 vaccination & adherence to HQ COVID office policies using Bindle, a secure platform that verifies vaccination status without sharing private health information, within 30 days of hire
You’ll love working at Away because:
- We travel. We encourage you to take time to recharge outside of the office. You’ll have generous PTO to explore new places and access to Away products to ensure your travels are seamless. And once you’re here for three years, you’ll earn a sabbatical and a bonus to take a well-deserved trip.
- We’re not just employees. We’re people. We offer insurance coverage (health, vision, and dental), tax savings plans for retirement, dependent care, commuter benefits, generous and inclusive parental leave, and a kitchen stocked with organic snacks and coffee.
- We’ll invest in your career. Our company’s growing quickly, and we’ll give you the opportunity to do the same. You’ll have access to a number of professional development opportunities so that you can keep up with the company’s evolving needs.
- We’re creating an environment where everyone can thrive. Our customers are global and diverse, so we’re building a team that is, too. Through initiatives like our employee resource groups, our new office in downtown Manhattan, and more, we’re building the cultural foundation that gives people the emotional and physical space to bring their best selves to work.
- We offer competitive compensation packages. We deeply value the talent our team brings to the table, and believe that fair and equitable total compensation packages are part of our commitment to everyone who works here.
- And so much more…! You can bring your dog to work. We organize ways to give back to our local communities.
Away is a global lifestyle brand with a mission to transform travel through products and content that inspire people to get away more. The company launched in 2016 with one perfectly designed carry-on and has since expanded to offer an array of luggage and travel essentials built for the modern traveler. Headquartered in New York City, with teams in London and Toronto, Away currently ships products to over 35 countries around the world. Away has been named one of Fast Company’s “World’s Most Innovative Companies” and has been recognized on TIME’s list of “Best Inventions.” To learn more, visit awaytravel.com.
Away is dedicated to hiring a diverse workplace that celebrates an inclusive culture and a sense of belonging. As an equal opportunity employer, we do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, gender expression, and sexual orientation), national origin, age, veteran status, genetic information or disability.
Away is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.