We are a global lifestyle brand built on transforming the travel experience. In support of our mission, we are seeking an Analyst of Inventory Management to join our Global Logistics team.
In this role, the ideal candidate will have deep experience in inventory management across a global network. Your experience will include optimizing a global omni-chanel fulfillment network. You have a track record of assuring the right inventory is in the right location at the right time. Want to help us transform the travel industry? Your experience will encompass domestic and international warehousing and fulfillment, and a retail store network. You will report to the Manager of Transportation, based in our New York City office.
As a company that values diversity, equity, and inclusion, Away seeks individuals of all backgrounds and experiences to apply for this opportunity. We’re creating an environment where everyone can thrive. Our customers are global and diverse, so we’re building a team that is too. Through initiatives like our employee resource groups, Anti-racism training and bias prevention initiatives, we’re building the cultural foundation that gives people the emotional and physical space to bring their authentic selves to work.
What you’ll do:
- Monitor inventory movement from factory to our global network of fulfillment centers to provide transparency to the business on expected arrival dates
- Monitor inventory levels in our warehouse and re-balance according to business needs
- Partner with merchandising, planning, retail and email marketing team to ensure out of stock risks are flagged early and actions can be taken to mitigate risk to the business
- Create, monitor and maintain KPI reporting to monitor instock rates, optimal ship rates and identify areas of continuous improvement
- Work with key internal and external partners to ensure we achieve the optimal balance of speed, cost, quality, service, and sustainability - all while ensuring an amazing experience for our customers.
Who you are:
- 5 years professional experience in hands on inventory management or allocation role
- Critical thinking and continuous improvement mindset
- Strong Analytical skills and detail oriented
- An exceptional written/oral communicator
- Excellent project management and strong organizational skills
- Thrives in a very fast-paced environment that requires continual multi-tasking and prioritization
- Experience with ERP like Microsoft Dynamics and TMS tools is a plus, but not required
- Team player with a "no task is too small" attitude
- Enjoys working in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment
- Passionate about transforming travel (but that’s a given!)
- You can show proof of COVID-19 vaccination & adherence to HQ COVID office policies using Bindle, a secure platform that verifies vaccination status without sharing private health information, within 30 days of hire
You’ll love working at Away because:
- We travel. We encourage you to take time to recharge outside of the office. You’ll have generous PTO to explore new places and access to Away products to ensure your travels are seamless. And once you’re here for three years, you’ll earn a sabbatical and a bonus to take a well-deserved trip.
- We’re not just employees. We’re people. We offer insurance coverage (health, vision, and dental), tax savings plans for retirement, dependent care, commuter benefits, generous and inclusive parental leave, and a kitchen stocked with organic snacks and coffee.
- We’ll invest in your career. Our company’s growing quickly, and we’ll give you the opportunity to do the same. You’ll have access to a number of professional development opportunities so that you can keep up with the company’s evolving needs.
- We’re creating an environment where everyone can thrive. Our customers are global and diverse, so we’re building a team that is, too. Through initiatives like our employee resource groups, our new office in downtown Manhattan, and more, we’re building the cultural foundation that gives people the emotional and physical space to bring their best selves to work.
- We offer competitive compensation packages. We deeply value the talent our team brings to the table, and believe that fair and equitable total compensation packages are part of our commitment to everyone who works here.
- And so much more…! You can bring your dog to work. We organize ways to give back to our local communities.
Away is a global lifestyle brand with a mission to transform travel through products and content that inspire people to get away more. The company launched in 2016 with one perfectly designed carry-on and has since expanded to offer an array of luggage and travel essentials built for the modern traveler. Headquartered in New York City, with teams in London and Toronto, Away currently ships products to over 35 countries around the world. Away has been named one of Fast Company’s “World’s Most Innovative Companies” and has been recognized on TIME’s list of “Best Inventions.” To learn more, visit awaytravel.com.
Away is dedicated to hiring a diverse workplace that celebrates an inclusive culture and a sense of belonging. As an equal opportunity employer, we do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, gender expression, and sexual orientation), national origin, age, veteran status, genetic information or disability.
Away is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com.