We are a global lifestyle brand built on transforming the travel experience. In support of our mission, we are seeking a Part-Time Back of House Associate to join our retail team at our store location in Austin, Domain Northside.
Our Retail team creates a transformative experience that inspires a global community. We build connections with our community through product expertise and merchandising, world-class-service standards, and operational excellence. We pride ourselves in owning the offline touch point for our community, and use it as an opportunity to create more Away fans.
Want to help us transform the travel industry? The ideal candidate will represent the Away brand by providing best-in-class support to all of our customers from the moment they step foot in the door till the moment they leave. You will directly contribute to the store’s success by having unparalleled customer interactions and by honing deep product expertise.
As a company that values inclusion, Away seeks individuals of all backgrounds and experiences to apply for this position.
What you’ll do:
- Execute receiving process, reporting any issues to Store Manager and takes necessary steps to resolve
- Ensure timely movement of merchandise as directed by Store or Operations while adhering to all procedures and guidelines, including but not limited to transfers, repairs and damages
- Ensure an accurate and organized store inventory at all times
- Develop and share ideas to increase efficiency and reduce operational costs
- Support the team in the selling process, ensuring the highest level of client experience
- Process repairs and damages on a timely basis according to company guidelines
- Assists with physical maintenance of the boutique when needed
- Pack, handle, and store merchandise according to Away standards
- Support store initiatives and projects as needed
Who you are:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Previous experience in retail or other service related industry
- Highly analytical with the ability to identify business priorities, and problem solve
- Work with a high degree of integrity and strong ethics
- Experienced with technology to utilize internal retail systems and shipping software programs
- Able to meet physical requirements of the position including but not limited to climbing ladders, bending, lifting boxes, and moving fixtures
- Team player with a "no task is too small" attitude
- Enjoys working in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment
- Passionate about transforming travel (but that’s a given!)
You’ll love working at Away because:
- We’ll invest in your career. Our company’s growing quickly, and we’ll give you the opportunity to do the same. You’ll have access to a number of professional development opportunities so that you can keep up with the company’s evolving needs.
- We’re creating an environment where everyone can thrive. Our customers are global and diverse, so we’re building a team that is too. Through initiatives like our employee resource groups and inclusion training, we’re building the cultural foundation that gives people the emotional and physical space to bring their best selves to work.
- We offer competitive compensation packages. We deeply value the talent our team brings to the table and believe that fair and equitable total compensation packages are part of our commitment to everyone who works here.
Launched in 2016 by co-founders Steph Korey and Jen Rubio, Away is a global lifestyle brand with a mission to transform travel. By selling directly to customers both online and through retail stores, Away is able to eliminate retailer mark up and offer high quality, thoughtfully designed luggage and travel essentials without driving up the price. In just under four years, Away has already been twice named one of Fast Company’s “World’s Most Innovative Companies,” and one of TIME’s “50 Most Genius Companies”. To learn more, visit awaytravel.com.
Away is dedicated to hiring a diverse workplace that celebrates an inclusive culture and a sense of belonging. As an equal opportunity employer, we do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, gender expression, and sexual orientation), national origin, age, veteran status, genetic information or disability.
Away is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com.