Away is a global lifestyle brand with a mission to transform travel through products and content that inspire people to get away more. In support of our mission, we are seeking a Senior Digital Product Designer to join our Digital Product/UX team.
Want to help us transform the travel experience? The ideal candidate will lead the development of product solutions, providing strategic input on the direction of digital product, and articulating the UX perspective in cross-functional settings. Further, they will be independently managing their own workload through an understanding of the relative strategic importance of projects. Within the digital team, they are accountable for the identification and delivery of the necessary design output. Across the company, they facilitate relationships with stakeholders and collaborators in order to understand their needs and priorities, while upholding our standards for crafting optimal experiences. You will report to Design Director, Digital (UX) based in our New York City office.
As a company that values diversity, equity, and inclusion, Away seeks individuals of all backgrounds and experiences to apply for this opportunity. We’re creating an environment where everyone can thrive. Our customers are global and diverse, so we’re building a team that is too. Through initiatives like our employee resource groups, Anti-racism training and bias prevention initiatives, we’re building the cultural foundation that gives people the emotional and physical space to bring their authentic selves to work.
What you'll do:
- Conceptualize and own overall design strategy and vision for Away’s digital products
- Develop straightforward design approaches to complex design problems while maintaining a human-centered perspective
- Think strategically for long-term impact while understanding and accounting for technical and business constraints
- Ensure the company’s brand is accurately and consistently reflected in every design deliverable
- Create wireframes, user flows, and mockups to effectively communicate interaction and design ideas
- Deliver functional prototypes for user testing
- Effectively communicate conceptual ideas and design rationale to cross-functional stakeholders
- Collaborate with project managers and other relevant business owners throughout the product life cycle
- Work closely with the engineering team to ensure proper implementation and quality software launches
- Participate in agile methodology for product development, and apply this mindset to all aspects of your work
Who you are:
- 5 years of full-time professional experience designing and shipping digital products, ideally for consumer-facing companies
- An online portfolio of product case studies that speak to both your UX and visual design skills
- Ability to pitch, educate, and define your design rationale to key stakeholders—you can articulate the ‘why’ and lead discussions around your process, explorations, and conclusions
- Ability to translate stakeholder goals, user research, and complex task-based flows into clean, usable UI
- Up-to-date knowledge of best practices, developments, and trends in web and native mobile design
- Extensive knowledge working and collaborating with design software like Figma or Sketch, and interaction prototyping tools like Principle, Origami, or Framer
- Humility and objectivity: you welcome design feedback and are eager to incorporate new ideas into design iterations
- Team player with a “no task is too small” attitude
- Enjoys working in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment
- Passionate about transforming travel (but that’s a given!)
- You can show proof of COVID-19 vaccination & adherence to HQ COVID office policies using Bindle, a secure platform that verifies vaccination status without sharing private health information, within 30 days of hire
You’ll love working at Away because:
- We travel. We encourage you to take time to recharge outside of the office. You’ll have generous PTO to explore new places and access to Away products to ensure your travels are seamless. And once you’re here for three years, you’ll earn a sabbatical and a bonus to take a well-deserved trip.
- We’re not just employees. We’re people. We offer insurance coverage (health, vision, and dental), tax savings plans for retirement, dependent care, commuter benefits, generous and inclusive parental leave, and a kitchen stocked with organic snacks and coffee.
- We’ll invest in your career. Our company’s growing quickly, and we’ll give you the opportunity to do the same. You’ll have access to a number of professional development opportunities so that you can keep up with the company’s evolving needs.
- We’re creating an environment where everyone can thrive. Our customers are global and diverse, so we’re building a team that is, too. Through initiatives like our employee resource groups, our new office in downtown Manhattan, and more, we’re building the cultural foundation that gives people the emotional and physical space to bring their best selves to work.
- We offer competitive compensation packages. We deeply value the talent our team brings to the table, and believe that fair and equitable total compensation packages are part of our commitment to everyone who works here.
- And so much more…! You can bring your dog to work. We organize ways to give back to our local communities.
Away is a global lifestyle brand with a mission to transform travel through products and content that inspire people to get away more. The company launched in 2016 with one perfectly designed carry-on and has since expanded to offer an array of luggage and travel essentials built for the modern traveler. Headquartered in New York City, with teams in London and Toronto, Away currently ships products to over 35 countries around the world. Away has been named one of Fast Company’s “World’s Most Innovative Companies” and has been recognized on TIME’s list of “Best Inventions.” To learn more, visit awaytravel.com.
Away is dedicated to hiring a diverse workplace that celebrates an inclusive culture and a sense of belonging. As an equal opportunity employer, we do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, gender expression, and sexual orientation), national origin, age, veteran status, genetic information or disability.
Away is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.