Away is a global lifestyle brand with a mission to transform travel through products and content that inspire people to get away more. To reach more individuals and spread our mission, we are seeking an Associate to join our Offline Acquisition Marketing team.
In this role, you will contribute to the planning and execution of a world-class Offline and Broadcast Media program, including TV/OTT, Radio, Podcast, Direct Mail, Out Of Home (OOH) and more. The right candidate is a data-driven problem solver and detail-oriented critical thinker who gets excited about the idea of testing new ideas but is process-oriented and committed to best practices. You will sit on the Acquisition Marketing team, and report to the Associate Manager, Offline Marketing based out of our headquarters in Soho, New York City. [The role is currently remote, and will remain fully remote through at least September, 2021.]
As a company that values diversity, equity, and inclusion, Away seeks individuals of all backgrounds and experiences to apply for this opportunity. We’re creating an environment where everyone can thrive. Our customers are global and diverse, so we’re building a team that is too. Through initiatives like our employee resource groups, Anti-racism training and bias prevention initiatives, we’re building the cultural foundation that gives people the emotional and physical space to bring their authentic selves to work.
What you’ll do:
- Contribute to growth of a world-class Offline & Broadcast Media acquisition program (including TV/OTT, Radio, Podcast, Direct Mail, Out Of Home [OOH] and more)
- Candidates with experience and/or interest in OOH and/or direct + shared mail would bring an exceptionally complementary skillset, though the experience piece is not required
- Drive strategy and help execute media buys, coordinating with agency partners to support evergreen and campaign-specific initiatives
- Conduct regular and ad-hoc analyses across our marketing mix to identify trends in campaign performance
- Make strategic recommendations about where to reallocate investment across channels and tactics to optimize channel performance
- Work closely with our Creative team, generating briefs and highlighting learnings that help us increase brand awareness and acquire new customers
- Work closely with our Data & Analytics and Marketing Analytics teams to refine attribution methodology for our portfolio of offline channels
- Assess new growth opportunities as they arise, evaluating them for fit against strategic goals and performance criteria
- Help define internal best practices for existing offline channels, and support innovative initiatives that push the boundaries of traditional media while building a global travel brand
Who you are:
- You have a minimum of 1+ years experience of prior performance marketing, management consulting, finance, data analytics, or startup in a highly analytical role, and are comfortable working through uncertainty, managing risk, and making data-driven decisions.
- You have fluency with data and numbers. You’re experienced in Excel (or similar programs) and are comfortable performing data analysis and visualization. You may have exposure to other data tools, such as Google Analytics, Looker, and Tableau, or are willing to learn
- You are curious and constantly learning new skills or things that interest you. You don’t settle for the status quo and have a bias towards finding a better, more efficient way of doing things.
- You’re a team player who likes collaboration, but you’re not afraid to run with a project or idea on your own
- You have strong verbal and written communication skills and are comfortable working cross-functionally with various teams and personalities in a fast-paced environment
- You love to travel (but that’s a given), and are passionate about the transformation of more accessible travel
- Team player with a "no task is too small" attitude
- Enjoys working in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment
- You can show proof of COVID-19 vaccination & adherence to HQ COVID office policies using Bindle, a secure platform that verifies vaccination status without sharing private health information, within 30 days of hire
You’ll love working at Away because:
- We travel. We encourage you to take time to recharge outside of the office. You’ll have generous PTO to explore new places and access to Away products to ensure your travels are seamless. And once you’re here for three years, you’ll earn a sabbatical and a bonus to take a well-deserved trip.
- We’re not just employees. We’re people. We offer insurance coverage (health, vision, and dental), tax savings plans for retirement, dependent care, commuter benefits, generous and inclusive parental leave, and a kitchen stocked with organic snacks and coffee.
- We’ll invest in your career. Our company’s growing quickly, and we’ll give you the opportunity to do the same. You’ll have access to a number of professional development opportunities so that you can keep up with the company’s evolving needs.
- We’re creating an environment where everyone can thrive. Our customers are global and diverse, so we’re building a team that is, too. Through initiatives like our employee resource groups, our new office in downtown Manhattan, and more, we’re building the cultural foundation that gives people the emotional and physical space to bring their best selves to work.
- We offer competitive compensation packages. We deeply value the talent our team brings to the table, and believe that fair and equitable total compensation packages are part of our commitment to everyone who works here.
- And so much more…! You can bring your dog to work. We organize ways to give back to our local communities.
Away is a global lifestyle brand with a mission to transform travel through products and content that inspire people to get away more. The company launched in 2016 with one perfectly designed carry-on and has since expanded to offer an array of luggage and travel essentials built for the modern traveler. Headquartered in New York City, with teams in London and Toronto, Away currently ships products to over 35 countries around the world. Away has been named one of Fast Company’s “World’s Most Innovative Companies” and has been recognized on TIME’s list of “Best Inventions.” To learn more, visit awaytravel.com.
Away is dedicated to hiring a diverse workplace that celebrates an inclusive culture and a sense of belonging. As an equal opportunity employer, we do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, gender expression, and sexual orientation), national origin, age, veteran status, genetic information or disability.
Away is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com.