Away is a global lifestyle brand with a mission to transform travel through products and content that inspire people to get away more. In support of our mission, we are seeking a Manager of Finance & Strategy to join our team.
Want to help us transform the travel experience? The ideal candidate will be responsible for building, refining, and driving the company’s long-term strategy and financial plan. You will act as a thought partner to cross-functional teams to drive the analysis of high-impact investments, which will accelerate our expansion into new markets, new channels, new products, and new technologies. The ideal candidate for this role has demonstrated success in a dynamic, fast-paced environment at an established company and can bring that expertise to Away. You will report to the Director of Finance & Strategy and be based in our New York City office.
As a company that values diversity, equity, and inclusion, Away seeks individuals of all backgrounds and experiences to apply for this opportunity. We’re creating an environment where everyone can thrive. Our customers are global and diverse, so we’re building a team that is too. Through initiatives like our employee resource groups, Anti-racism training and bias prevention initiatives, we’re building the cultural foundation that gives people the emotional and physical space to bring their authentic selves to work.
What you’ll do:
- Drive our annual long-range planning process, which will produce our rolling 3-year strategy and financial plan
- Develop consistent frameworks to evaluate and prioritize strategic investments across the business
- Track the performance of strategic investments by staying up-to-date on project roadblocks, efficiency opportunities, and the pacing return on investment
- Size revenue and cost-saving opportunities using both top-down and bottoms-up methodologies
- Support the Financial Planning & Analysis team in developing the annual operating plan, recurring financial estimates, inventory purchase recommendations, and other cross-functional analyses
- Benchmark financial and operating metrics against competitors
- Partner closely with functional leads and the People team to support headcount planning, forecasting, and organizational design by ensuring we have the right resources globally to support our rapidly growing business
- Support the Executive team in the production of quarterly and ad hoc presentations for internal and external stakeholders, including investors and strategic partners
Who you are:
- 2-5 years of experience, such as investment banking, management consulting, or corporate finance and strategy at a high-growth company
- Detail-oriented and takes pride in producing exceptional deliverables
- Demonstrated success driving decision-making through influence through cross-functional collaboration across various levels and functions
- Strong Excel and financial modeling skills are a must!
- Passionate about using data to drive business decisions
- Hard-working with a "no task is too small" attitude
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment
- Passionate about travel (but that’s a given!)
- You can show proof of COVID-19 vaccination & adherence to HQ COVID office policies using Bindle, a secure platform that verifies vaccination status without sharing private health information, within 30 days of hire
You’ll love working at Away because:
- We travel. We encourage you to take time to recharge outside of the office. You’ll have generous PTO to explore new places and access to Away products to ensure your travels are seamless. And once you’re here for three years, you’ll earn a sabbatical and a bonus to take a well-deserved trip.
- We’re not just employees. We’re people. We offer insurance coverage (health, vision, and dental), tax savings plans for retirement, dependent care, commuter benefits, generous and inclusive parental leave, and a kitchen stocked with organic snacks and coffee.
- We’ll invest in your career. Our company’s growing quickly, and we’ll give you the opportunity to do the same. You’ll have access to a number of professional development opportunities so that you can keep up with the company’s evolving needs.
- We’re creating an environment where everyone can thrive. Our customers are global and diverse, so we’re building a team that is, too. Through initiatives like our employee resource groups, our new office in downtown Manhattan, and more, we’re building the cultural foundation that gives people the emotional and physical space to bring their best selves to work.
- We offer competitive compensation packages. We deeply value the talent our team brings to the table, and believe that fair and equitable total compensation packages are part of our commitment to everyone who works here.
- And so much more…! You can bring your dog to work. We organize ways to give back to our local communities.
Away is a global lifestyle brand with a mission to transform travel through products and content that inspire people to get away more. The company launched in 2016 with one perfectly designed carry-on and has since expanded to offer an array of luggage and travel essentials built for the modern traveler. Headquartered in New York City, with teams in London and Toronto, Away currently ships products to over 35 countries around the world. Away has been named one of Fast Company’s “World’s Most Innovative Companies” and has been recognized on TIME’s list of “Best Inventions.” To learn more, visit awaytravel.com.
Away is dedicated to hiring a diverse workplace that celebrates an inclusive culture and a sense of belonging. As an equal opportunity employer, we do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, gender expression, and sexual orientation), national origin, age, veteran status, genetic information or disability.
Away is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com.