Away is a global lifestyle brand with a mission to transform travel through products and content that inspire people to get away more. In support of our mission, we are seeking a Payroll Manager to join our People & Culture team.
Want to help us transform the travel experience? The ideal candidate will have had experience in Global Payroll and Compliance. You will report to the Director of Global People Operations based in our New York City office.
As a company that values diversity, equity, and inclusion, Away seeks individuals of all backgrounds and experiences to apply for this opportunity. We’re creating an environment where everyone can thrive. Our customers are global and diverse, so we’re building a team that is too. Through initiatives like our employee resource groups, anti-racism training, and bias prevention initiatives, we’re building the cultural foundation that gives people the emotional and physical space to bring their authentic selves to work.
What you’ll do:
- Process US and Canada bi-weekly and UK monthly payrolls for hourly and salary employees to ensure compliance, accuracy, and efficiency.
- Own and maintain employee data in all HRIS systems with responsibility for processing new hires, employee changes, terminations, etc.
- Act as the main point of contact for our Greater China team under a PEO. This includes approving payroll invoices, management of all new hires, changes and exits, and managing all questions coming in from our PEO services on bonus payouts, changes in benefits, etc.
- Act as the subject matter expert for the time and attendance platforms ensuring timecards are accurate and timely for payroll processing.
- Partner with ADP to apply for new state and local tax accounts, and maintain existing accounts based on the locations of the employee base
- Ensure all local, state and federal governmental requirements are met, such as taxes and withholdings.
- Partner with ADP to prepare, review and file quarterly/annual payroll tax reports and W2s
- Manage all payroll changes such as salary changes, back-pay, deductions, bonuses and vacation/final pay processing for employees in accordance with state and federal legislation
- Support the open enrollment process by managing premium deductions and coding in ADP
- Oversee administration of all leave policies such as PFL, FMLA, STD and LTD and corresponding payments and communication of payments with employees
- Respond to payroll queries and escalations from employees in a timely manner.
- Work closely with accounting team and ensure the financial data and reporting is accurate and timely
- Maintain data, process and policy compliance across all countries, owning regular reporting for things such as ACA compliance, W2 maintenance, and worker’s compensation
- Maintain close partnership with retail leadership to help design and refine processes
Who you are:
- Minimum of 5 years of experience with payroll processing and compliance
- ADP WFN advanced proficiency is a MUST!
- Excellent quantitative and Excel skills
- Experience supporting retail populations a plus
- Dynamic payroll experience, inclusive of Multi-state, international payroll, exempt/non-exempt status and hourly and salaried employees
- Strong client-service orientation and relationship-building skills; comfort working with various clients and vendors as well as all internal employee levels
- Creative, proactive thinker who actively seeks solutions, and identifies process improvements
- Enjoy a fast paced environment and must be able to adapt to constant change and evolution in the business as well
- Strong organizational skills, high level of efficiency, and ability to manage operations with precision and consistent follow through
- Knowledge on implementation of HRIS system preferred not required
- You can show proof of COVID-19 vaccination & adherence to HQ COVID office policies using Bindle, a secure platform that verifies vaccination status without sharing private health information, within 30 days of hire
You’ll love working at Away because:
- We travel. We encourage you to take time to recharge outside of the office. You’ll have generous PTO to explore new places and access to Away products to ensure your travels are seamless. And once you’re here for three years, you’ll earn a sabbatical and a bonus to take a well-deserved trip.
- We’re not just employees. We’re people. We offer insurance coverage (health, vision, and dental), tax savings plans for retirement, dependent care, commuter benefits, generous and inclusive parental leave, and a kitchen stocked with organic snacks and coffee.
- We’ll invest in your career. Our company’s growing quickly, and we’ll give you the opportunity to do the same. You’ll have access to a number of professional development opportunities so that you can keep up with the company’s evolving needs.
- We’re creating an environment where everyone can thrive. Our customers are global and diverse, so we’re building a team that is, too. Through initiatives like our employee resource groups, our new office in downtown Manhattan, and more, we’re building the cultural foundation that gives people the emotional and physical space to bring their best selves to work.
- We offer competitive compensation packages. We deeply value the talent our team brings to the table, and believe that fair and equitable total compensation packages are part of our commitment to everyone who works here.
- And so much more…! You can bring your dog to work. We organize ways to give back to our local communities.
Away is a global lifestyle brand with a mission to transform travel through products and content that inspire people to get away more. The company launched in 2016 with one perfectly designed carry-on and has since expanded to offer an array of luggage and travel essentials built for the modern traveler. Headquartered in New York City, with teams in London and Toronto, Away currently ships products to over 35 countries around the world. Away has been named one of Fast Company’s “World’s Most Innovative Companies” and has been recognized on TIME’s list of “Best Inventions.” To learn more, visit awaytravel.com.
Away is dedicated to hiring a diverse workplace that celebrates an inclusive culture and a sense of belonging. As an equal opportunity employer, we do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, gender expression, and sexual orientation), national origin, age, veteran status, genetic information or disability.
Away is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com.