We are a global lifestyle brand built on transforming the travel experience. In support of our mission, we are seeking a Manager to join our Data & Analytics team.
In this role, you will be responsible for embedding yourself into cross-functional teams across the business in order to turn data into information, information into insights, and insights into key business decisions that steer the strategic direction of the company. The right candidate is a self-starter who can become a proactive driver of infrastructure and analytical improvements in order to develop and scale our data infrastructure, and ultimately change the way the company interacts with data. You will report to our Senior Manager of Data Analytics based in our New York City office.
As a company that values diversity, equity, and inclusion, Away seeks individuals of all backgrounds and experiences to apply for this opportunity. We’re creating an environment where everyone can thrive. Our customers are global and diverse, so we’re building a team that is too. Through initiatives like our employee resource groups, Anti-racism training and bias prevention initiatives, we’re building the cultural foundation that gives people the emotional and physical space to bring their authentic selves to work.
What you'll do:
- Become the driver of conversations with cross-functional team leads to help inform strategy and support data-driven decision-making
- Work with key stakeholders to transform business needs into powerful data models, visualizations, and dynamic reports
- Democratize data through on-going development and maintenance of our data pipeline and business intelligence tools to make data accessible to all teams across the company
- Foster your own curiosity through self-driven projects that meaningfully inform how we work - making us more impactful, more efficient, and more thoughtful
- Work on ad-hoc analytics projects that span cross-functionally and involve more intensive data manipulation and modeling
Who you are:
- You have 4+ years of professional experience in a data-intensive role, ideally with hands-on experience at a high-growth ecommerce company
- You have ample experience with cross-functional partnerships and the ability to put the right people in the right room to facilitate meaningful conversation
- You can easily communicate technical concepts to a wide variety of audiences - from engineers to non-technical business stakeholders
- Strong data visualization skills & experience using Looker or equivalent software
- Expert-level knowledge of SQL (familiarity with dbt a plus!) and a clear understanding of ETL, data warehousing, and data modeling concepts and practices
- Passionate about transforming travel (but that’s a given!)
- You can show proof of COVID-19 vaccination & adherence to HQ COVID office policies using Bindle, a secure platform that verifies vaccination status without sharing private health information, within 30 days of hire
You’ll love working at Away because:
- We travel. We encourage you to take the time to recharge outside of the office. You’ll have five weeks of PTO to explore new places and access to Away products to ensure your travels are seamless. And once you’re here for three years, you’ll earn a sabbatical and a bonus to take a well-deserved trip.
- We’re not just employees. We’re people. We offer 401(k) match, health care coverage (medical, vision, and dental), tax savings plans for retirement, generous and inclusive parental leave, dependent care, commuter benefits, and reimbursements to incentivize you to work out.
- We’ll invest in your career. Our company’s growing quickly, and we’ll give you the opportunity to do the same. You’ll have access to a number of professional development opportunities so that you can keep up with the company’s evolving needs.
- We offer competitive compensation packages. We deeply value the talent our team brings to the table and believe that fair and equitable total compensation packages are part of our commitment to everyone who works here.
- And so much more…! You can bring your dog to work (when we’re in office) and we also organize ways to give back to our local communities.
Launched in 2016 by co-founders Steph Korey and Jen Rubio, Away is a global lifestyle brand with a mission to transform travel. By selling directly to customers both online and through retail stores, Away is able to eliminate retailer mark up and offer high quality, thoughtfully designed luggage and travel essentials without driving up the price. In just under four years, Away has already been twice named one of Fast Company’s “World’s Most Innovative Companies,” and one of TIME’s “50 Most Genius Companies”. To learn more, visit awaytravel.com.
Away is dedicated to hiring a diverse workplace that celebrates an inclusive culture and a sense of belonging. As an equal opportunity employer, we do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, gender expression, and sexual orientation), national origin, age, veteran status, genetic information or disability.
Away is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.