We are a global lifestyle brand built on transforming the travel experience. In support of our mission, we are seeking a Store Manager to join our Retail team.
Our Retail team creates a transformative experience that inspires a global community. We build connections with our community through product expertise and merchandising, world-class-service standards, and operational excellence. We pride ourselves in owning the offline touch point for our community, and use it as an opportunity to create more Away fans.
Want to help us transform the travel industry? The ideal candidate will play an integral role in laying the foundation of our retail business. You will be responsible for all aspects of the store’s operations and importantly, of the store’s success. A strong foundation of store management and people management experience is essential! You’ll focus primarily on building and growing a team of exceptional retail associates, on ensuring the store hits performance goals, and on delivering the highest level of customer experience.
As a company that values inclusion, Away seeks individuals of all backgrounds and experiences to apply for this position.
What you’ll do:
- Ensure your team is providing top-notch customer service to every person, every time
- Communicate Away’s values and brand philosophy to customers and team members alike
- Develop, execute, and continuously improve all operational activities to make sure the store hits financial expectations and exceeds customer expectations
- Work cross-functionally to ensure the store is a hit! Work across the aisle with marketing, CX, creative, and HQ partners to make sure we create exemplary retail experiences
- Hire, retain and develop your team of retail associates, growing them into our next generation of retail leaders
- Oversee daily staffing, inventory management, and visual standards. Oversee all front of house and back of house procedures to keep the store’s engine efficiently running
- Help execute any in-store marketing or programming events by liaising with HQ team members
Who you are:
- Deep understanding of elevated customer experience
- 3-5 years of managerial experience; preferably at a customer-centric retailer or company
- Fastidious attention to detail; strong business acumen and an entrepreneurial disposition.
- Has a passion for people development and a knack for motivation
- A team player that is comfortable providing feedback, innovating, and getting their hands dirty
- Experience working at a start-up or fast-growing company or retailer
- Experience building a team from the ground up
- Hard working with a "no task is too small" attitude
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment
- Passionate about travel (but that’s a given!)
You’ll love working at Away because:
- We travel. We encourage you to take time to recharge outside of the office. You’ll have four weeks of PTO to explore new places and access to Away products to ensure your travels are seamless. And once you’re here for three years, you’ll earn a sabbatical and a bonus to take a well-deserved trip.
- We’re not just employees. We’re people. We offer 401(k) match, insurance coverage (health, vision, and dental), tax savings plans for retirement, generous and inclusive parental leave, dependent care, commuter benefits, reimbursements to incentivize you to work out, and a kitchen stocked with snacks and coffee.
- We’ll invest in your career. Our company’s growing quickly, and we’ll give you the opportunity to do the same. You’ll have access to a number of professional development opportunities so that you can keep up with the company’s evolving needs.
- We’re creating an environment where everyone can thrive. Our customers are global and diverse, so we’re building a team that is too. Through initiatives like our employee resource groups and inclusion training, we’re building the cultural foundation that gives people the emotional and physical space to bring their best selves to work.
- We offer competitive compensation packages. We deeply value the talent our team brings to the table and believe that fair and equitable total compensation packages are part of our commitment to everyone who works here.
- And so much more…! You can bring your dog to work. We’ll give you money every month to grab coffee with coworkers. We have weekly team lunches and regular happy hours. We also organize monthly opportunities to give back to our local communities.
Launched in 2016 by co-founders Steph Korey and Jen Rubio, Away is a global lifestyle brand with a mission to transform travel. By selling directly to customers both online and through retail stores, Away is able to eliminate retailer mark up and offer high quality, thoughtfully designed luggage and travel essentials without driving up the price. In just under four years, Away has already been twice named one of Fast Company’s “World’s Most Innovative Companies,” and one of TIME’s “50 Most Genius Companies”. Away is headquartered in New York City, with offices in London and Sydney. To learn more, visit awaytravel.com.
Away is dedicated to hiring a diverse workplace that celebrates an inclusive culture and a sense of belonging. As an equal opportunity employer, we do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, gender expression, and sexual orientation), national origin, age, veteran status, genetic information or disability.
Away is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.