Away is a global lifestyle brand with a mission to transform travel through products and content that inspire people to get away more. In support of our mission, we are seeking a Digital Product Manager to join our Digital team.
Want to help us transform the travel experience? The ideal candidate will combine their e-commerce experience, curiosity, creativity and can-do attitude to collaborate with stakeholders and the engineering team to craft delightful digital experiences that drive conversion. You will report to our Design Director, Digital (UX) and be based in our New York City office.
As a company that values diversity, equity, and inclusion, Away seeks individuals of all backgrounds and experiences to apply for this opportunity. We’re creating an environment where everyone can thrive. Our customers are global and diverse, so we’re building a team that is too. Through initiatives like our employee resource groups, Anti-racism training and bias prevention initiatives, we’re building the cultural foundation that gives people the emotional and physical space to bring their authentic selves to work.
What you'll do:
- Define the essentials of a business case: use cases, KPI targets, financial benefit, costs and risks
- Leverage data, customer research and competitive research to support product ideas and advocate on behalf of the customer.
- Successfully plan and execute on projects through product planning, story-writing, drafting UAT plans, leading working groups, and feature prioritization for both customer-facing and internal systems experiences
- Work in conjunction with Engineering, UX, and key stakeholders to continually create engaging and compelling customer experiences
- Analyze customer behavior and develop hypotheses for A/B testing plans to optimize Away’s browsing and shopping experience
- Use quantitative and qualitative data to inform product decision making
- Communicate product objectives, goals, and scope within digital team and across the organization
Who you are:
- You have 2+ years minimum of digital product experience in an e-commerce environment
- An advocate for the customer and their experience on our site, leveraging data and research to ensure we are addressing their needs and solving their problems
- Empathic; adept at reading people and understanding our customers
- Nimble and flexible; happy to work with a range of timelines and pivot when things don’t go as planned
- A self starter that is resourceful and able to act autonomously; not afraid of getting your hands dirty or to be the first to tackle a new challenge
- Experience working through problems with high ambiguity and without a definitive answer.
- A storyteller that can present a compelling narrative
- Someone who can communicate effectively to both technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Someone who is proud of their past launches, and the customer and business impact they had
- You can show proof of COVID-19 vaccination & adherence to HQ COVID office policies using Bindle, a secure platform that verifies vaccination status without sharing private health information, within 30 days of hire
You’ll love working at Away because:
- We travel. We encourage you to take time to recharge outside of the office. You’ll have generous PTO to explore new places and access to Away products to ensure your travels are seamless. And once you’re here for three years, you’ll earn a sabbatical and a bonus to take a well-deserved trip.
- We’re not just employees. We’re people. We offer insurance coverage (health, vision, and dental), tax savings plans for retirement, dependent care, commuter benefits, generous and inclusive parental leave, and a kitchen stocked with organic snacks and coffee.
- We’ll invest in your career. Our company’s growing quickly, and we’ll give you the opportunity to do the same. You’ll have access to a number of professional development opportunities so that you can keep up with the company’s evolving needs.
- We’re creating an environment where everyone can thrive. Our customers are global and diverse, so we’re building a team that is, too. Through initiatives like our employee resource groups, our new office in downtown Manhattan, and more, we’re building the cultural foundation that gives people the emotional and physical space to bring their best selves to work.
- We offer competitive compensation packages. We deeply value the talent our team brings to the table, and believe that fair and equitable total compensation packages are part of our commitment to everyone who works here.
- And so much more…! You can bring your dog to work. We organize ways to give back to our local communities.
Away is a global lifestyle brand with a mission to transform travel through products and content that inspire people to get away more. The company launched in 2016 with one perfectly designed carry-on and has since expanded to offer an array of luggage and travel essentials built for the modern traveler. Headquartered in New York City, with teams in London and Toronto, Away currently ships products to over 35 countries around the world. Away has been named one of Fast Company’s “World’s Most Innovative Companies” and has been recognized on TIME’s list of “Best Inventions.” To learn more, visit awaytravel.com.
Away is dedicated to hiring a diverse workplace that celebrates an inclusive culture and a sense of belonging. As an equal opportunity employer, we do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, gender expression, and sexual orientation), national origin, age, veteran status, genetic information or disability.
Away is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com.