Away is a global lifestyle brand with a mission to transform travel through products and content that inspire people to get away more. In support of our mission, we are seeking a Digital Product Manager to join our Digital Product/UX team.
Want to help us transform the travel experience? The ideal candidate will combine their E-commerce experience, strong business acumen, creativity and technical understanding to collaborate with stakeholders and the delivery team to craft delightful digital experiences that drive conversion. You will report to our Design Director, Digital (UX) based in our New York City office.
As a company that values diversity, equity, and inclusion, Away seeks individuals of all backgrounds and experiences to apply for this opportunity. We’re creating an environment where everyone can thrive. Our customers are global and diverse, so we’re building a team that is too. Through initiatives like our employee resource groups, Anti-racism training and bias prevention initiatives, we’re building the cultural foundation that gives people the emotional and physical space to bring their authentic selves to work.
What you'll do:
- Contribute to product strategy and vision, roadmaps, and drive product development from conceptualization, design, development, to launch
- Present product strategies to key stakeholders and executives to build organizational alignment and support for your roadmap
- Maintain and prioritize the product backlog, including gathering requirements, writing user stories and acceptance criteria
- Work in conjunction with Engineering, UX, and key stakeholders like Creative, Ecommerce, Brand and Merchandising teams to create cohesive and engaging user experiences and the systems that support them
- Balance customer and business needs, while remaining flexible in a fast-changing environment
- Analyze user behavior via data/analytics and identify opportunities for funnel conversion improvements
- Develop A/B testing hypotheses and plans to validate and evaluate product performance
- Incorporate quantitative and qualitative data into product decision making
- Define and track metrics to assess success and failure of projects, while ensuring the team and stakeholders are aligned on goals.
- Conduct ongoing competitive analysis of other sites, apps, and products to continually identify ways to improve our user experience
Who you are:
- An advocate for the customer and their experience on our site, leveraging data and research to ensure we are addressing their needs and solving their problems
- A people person; adept at reading people and empathizing with our users
- Nimble and flexible; happy to work with a range of timelines and pivot when things don’t go as planned
- You’re a self starter that is resourceful and able to act autonomously, with no fear of getting your hands dirty or to be the first to tackle a challenge
- A storyteller that can present a compelling narrative
- Someone who can communicate effectively to both technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Someone who is proud of their past launches and the customer and business impact they had
- A successful and respected leader of small to large launches
- 5+ years of professional digital product management experience
- 3+ years of experience in consumer facing e-commerce products and platforms
- Experience with Agile methodologies
- Familiar with analytics tools and how to use them to surface valuable insights
- Experience working on projects with operational dependencies and multiple key stakeholders
- Experience with e-commerce platforms, such as Solidus, Spree, Shopify, or Magento
- Experience with content management platforms, such as Contentful
- Experience working at a growth stage company
- Understanding of HTML, CSS, JIRA, Figma
You’ll love working at Away because:
- We travel. We encourage you to take time to recharge outside of the office. You’ll have generous PTO to explore new places and access to Away products to ensure your travels are seamless. And once you’re here for three years, you’ll earn a sabbatical and a bonus to take a well-deserved trip.
- We’re not just employees. We’re people. We offer insurance coverage (health, vision, and dental), tax savings plans for retirement, dependent care, commuter benefits, generous and inclusive parental leave, and a kitchen stocked with organic snacks and coffee.
- We’ll invest in your career. Our company’s growing quickly, and we’ll give you the opportunity to do the same. You’ll have access to a number of professional development opportunities so that you can keep up with the company’s evolving needs.
- We’re creating an environment where everyone can thrive. Our customers are global and diverse, so we’re building a team that is, too. Through initiatives like our employee resource groups, our new office in downtown Manhattan, and more, we’re building the cultural foundation that gives people the emotional and physical space to bring their best selves to work.
- We offer competitive compensation packages. We deeply value the talent our team brings to the table, and believe that fair and equitable total compensation packages are part of our commitment to everyone who works here.
- And so much more…! You can bring your dog to work. We organize ways to give back to our local communities.
Away is a global lifestyle brand with a mission to transform travel through products and content that inspire people to get away more. The company launched in 2016 with one perfectly designed carry-on and has since expanded to offer an array of luggage and travel essentials built for the modern traveler. Headquartered in New York City, with teams in London and Toronto, Away currently ships products to over 35 countries around the world. Away has been named one of Fast Company’s “World’s Most Innovative Companies” and has been recognized on TIME’s list of “Best Inventions.” To learn more, visit awaytravel.com.
Away is dedicated to hiring a diverse workplace that celebrates an inclusive culture and a sense of belonging. As an equal opportunity employer, we do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, gender expression, and sexual orientation), national origin, age, veteran status, genetic information or disability.
Away is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.