We are a global lifestyle brand built on transforming the travel experience. In support of our mission, we are seeking an Associate Manager, Corporate Gifting to join our Retention Marketing team. Our Retention Marketing team grows the Away community by establishing strong customer relationships and building trust in our brand, motivating them to transform the way they connect with the world and with others. In this role, you will be responsible for managing and developing corporate gifting relationships and finding opportunities to drive growth in this area of the business.
Want to help us transform the travel industry? The ideal candidate will be self-directed, thrive on interacting with customers, and eager to help thoughtfully define the future of the program. You will report into the Manager of Corporate Gifting and be based in our New York City office.
As a company that values inclusion, Away seeks individuals of all backgrounds and experiences to apply for this position.
What you’ll do:
- Cultivate and nurture client relationships by effectively communicating our corporate gifting program and offerings
- Leverage sales and account management principles to grow an ongoing pipeline of accounts
- Manage end-to-end opportunities, from initial conversations to order receipt, all while ensuring a best-in-class customer experience
- Provide recommendations that best serve the client's needs by leveraging our direct-to-consumer business model, our product offerings, and our personalization capabilities
- Define, build, and implement effective and targeted strategies to engage with new customers with limited oversight from the Corporate Gifting Manager
- Develop analytical frameworks for new projects and growth opportunities, presenting data and recommendations that enable strategic decisions and unlock revenue, efficiency, or a better customer experience
- Work independently with cross-functional teams to identify potential for the program, including but not limited to long-term partnership opportunities, development of marketing materials, corporate event activations, and custom personalization opportunities
- Establish workflows and best practices in our CRM tool, identifying ways we can use the data to guide and improve our sales and customer strategies
- Collaborate with the Logistics team to solve operational challenges, using those learnings to recommend actionable processes and tactics for improved workflow and order delivery
- Monitor competitive corporate gifting programs and compile findings for continuous improvement of our program
Who you are:
- You likely have 3-5 years of relevant work experience in sales, business development, account management, or partnerships
- You have excellent writing and interpersonal skills and would be excited to represent our brand to a variety of clients, ranging from startups to Fortune 500 companies
- You have a variety of skills that help you effectively manage a sales pipeline, including prospect research, lead generation, and client management
- You’re highly organized and can seamlessly manage multiple conversations and timelines and have experience managing special projects independently
- You have experience with CRM systems and are familiar with identifying, setting, and tracking the right kinds of pipeline and sales metrics that drive a business forward
- You are very proficient in Excel and Google Sheets and are comfortable manipulating data to solve problems at hand
- You think of the big picture, but you can also roll up your sleeves to solve what's right in front you
- You have creative ideas on how to uncover new opportunities in the corporate gifting space and are eager to share those thoughts with our team
- You’re passionate about transforming travel (but that’s a given!)
- You have a Bachelors degree, similar field of study, or equivalent practical experience
You’ll love working at Away because:
- We travel. We encourage you to take time to recharge outside of the office. You’ll have four weeks of PTO to explore new places and access to Away products to ensure your travels are seamless. And once you’re here for three years, you’ll earn a sabbatical and a bonus to take a well-deserved trip.
- We’re not just employees. We’re people. We offer 401(k) match, insurance coverage (health, vision, and dental), tax savings plans for retirement, generous and inclusive parental leave, dependent care, commuter benefits, reimbursements to incentivize you to work out, and a kitchen stocked with snacks and coffee.
- We’ll invest in your career. Our company’s growing quickly, and we’ll give you the opportunity to do the same. You’ll have access to a number of professional development opportunities so that you can keep up with the company’s evolving needs.
- We’re creating an environment where everyone can thrive. Our customers are global and diverse, so we’re building a team that is too. Through initiatives like our employee resource groups and inclusion training, we’re building the cultural foundation that gives people the emotional and physical space to bring their best selves to work.
- We offer competitive compensation packages. We deeply value the talent our team brings to the table and believe that fair and equitable total compensation packages are part of our commitment to everyone who works here.
- And so much more…! You can bring your dog to work. We’ll give you money every month to grab coffee with your new coworkers. We have weekly team lunches and regular happy hours. We also organize monthly opportunities to give back to our local communities.
Launched in 2016 by co-founders Steph Korey and Jen Rubio, Away is a global lifestyle brand with a mission to transform travel. By selling directly to customers both online and through retail stores, Away is able to eliminate retailer mark up and offer high quality, thoughtfully designed luggage and travel essentials without driving up the price. In just under four years, Away has already been twice named one of Fast Company’s “World’s Most Innovative Companies,” and one of TIME’s “50 Most Genius Companies”. Away is headquartered in New York City, with offices in London and Sydney. To learn more, visit awaytravel.com.
Away is dedicated to hiring a diverse workplace that celebrates an inclusive culture and a sense of belonging. As an equal opportunity employer, we do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, gender expression, and sexual orientation), national origin, age, veteran status, genetic information or disability. Away is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.