We are a global lifestyle brand built on transforming the travel experience. In support of our mission, we are seeking a Senior Accountant to join our Accounting team, initially focusing on building inter-company processes and accounting for international transactions.
Our Accounting team translates the company's operations into accurate financial data, which form the basis of our internal and external financial reporting. Our team grew rapidly over the past year, which allowed us to bring all functions in house and to ensure that Away's revenues, vendor bills, and other company expenses are properly invoiced, collected, and reported. By joining this team and working cross-functionally, you will be challenged to build new processes and policies and iterate on how we operate today.
Want to help us transform the travel industry? The ideal candidate will be a fast learner and Excel master who has some experience with inter-company transactions and reconciliations. You will report into the Accounting Manager and be based in our Soho, New York office.
As a company that values inclusion, Away seeks individuals of all backgrounds and experiences to apply for this position.
What you’ll do:
- Assist in developing business processes and standard operating procedures to properly account for inter-company transactions
- Execute inter-company transactions and journal entries, including preparing cross-charges on a monthly basis and accounting for inter-company cash transfers
- Prepare and issue inter-company inventory invoices at transfer price, based on goods movement
- Ensure global adherence to the company’s transfer pricing policies
- Work with the revenue and inventory teams to analyze international revenue and cost of goods and reconcile revenue transactions to merchant receivable accounts
- Partner with our global bookkeeping firm and internal teams to ensure international accounting transactions are properly captured
- Prepare inter-company confirmations and perform reconciliations
- Support HQ accounting team on the monthly consolidation and close process, as needed
- Provide support for audit request or ad-hoc reporting requests
Who you are:
- Advanced Excel skills, including the ability to perform functions like V-lookup and Pivot Table, as well as write more complex formulas
- Experience with inter-company accounting, including transactions, eliminations, and reconciliation
- Understands US GAAP and SOX 404
- Takes initiative to identify problems and propose solutions
- Team player with a "no task is too small" attitude
- Enjoys working in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment
- Passionate about transforming travel (but that’s a given!)
- Bachelors degree, similar field of study, or equivalent practical experience
You’ll love working at Away because:
- We travel. We encourage you to take time to recharge outside of the office. You’ll have four weeks of PTO to explore new places and access to Away products to ensure your travels are seamless. And once you’re here for three years, you’ll earn a sabbatical and a bonus to take a well-deserved trip.
- We’re not just employees. We’re people. We offer 401(k) match, insurance coverage (health, vision, and dental), tax savings plans for retirement, generous and inclusive parental leave, dependent care, commuter benefits, reimbursements to incentivize you to work out, and a kitchen stocked with snacks and coffee.
- We’ll invest in your career. Our company’s growing quickly, and we’ll give you the opportunity to do the same. You’ll have access to a number of professional development opportunities so that you can keep up with the company’s evolving needs.
- We’re creating an environment where everyone can thrive. Our customers are global and diverse, so we’re building a team that is too. Through initiatives like our employee resource groups and inclusion training, we’re building the cultural foundation that gives people the emotional and physical space to bring their best selves to work.
- We offer competitive compensation packages. We deeply value the talent our team brings to the table and believe that fair and equitable total compensation packages are part of our commitment to everyone who works here.
- And so much more…! You can bring your dog to work. We’ll give you money to grab coffee with your new coworkers. We have weekly team lunches and regular happy hours. We also organize monthly opportunities to give back to our local communities.
Launched in 2016 by co-founders Steph Korey and Jen Rubio, Away is a global lifestyle brand with a mission to transform travel. By selling directly to customers both online and through retail stores, Away is able to eliminate retailer mark up and offer high quality, thoughtfully designed luggage and travel essentials without driving up the price. In just under four years, Away has already been twice named one of Fast Company’s “World’s Most Innovative Companies,” and one of TIME’s “50 Most Genius Companies”. Away is headquartered in New York City, with offices in London and Sydney. To learn more, visit awaytravel.com.
Away is dedicated to hiring a diverse workplace that celebrates an inclusive culture and a sense of belonging. As an equal opportunity employer, we do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, gender expression, and sexual orientation), national origin, age, veteran status, genetic information or disability.
Away is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com.