We are a global lifestyle brand built on transforming the travel experience. In support of our mission, we are seeking an Associate Manager of Email Marketing to join our Retention Marketing team and contribute to the development of a world-class email experience for our audience. Our Retention Marketing team grows the Away community by establishing strong customer relationships and building trust in our brand, motivating them to transform the way they connect with the world and with others.
Want to help us transform the travel industry? The right candidate is excited to contribute to the growth, development, and successful execution of our global email marketing campaigns, with the ultimate goal of improving customer engagement and retention. You will report to the Email Marketing Manager and be based in our SoHo, New York City office.
As a company that values inclusion, Away seeks individuals of all backgrounds and experiences to apply for this position.
What you'll do:
- Manage the development of email marketing messages from initial concept and briefing through asset delivery, partnering closely with the Creative team to develop all email marketing assets and ensure delivery dates and channel goals are met
- Optimize segmentation strategies for marketing emails with the ultimate goal of improving customer retention
- Analyze campaigns using Looker, Google Analytics, and other analytics tools to monitor key metrics and KPIs that impact customer retention and overall email program performance
- Regularly report on all aspects of email performance, tracking progress towards channel goals and sharing key insights with various cross-functional audiences
- Develop and execute A/B testing plans to optimize for revenue, engagement, and retention from both marketing and triggered campaigns
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams (Brand Marketing, Retail, Insights, International, etc.) and act as a subject matter expert for email to support other teams’ needs and shared goals
- Expand our lead generation efforts and develop strategies to drive email sign-ups across multiple touch points in both domestic and international markets
- Conduct regular competitive research and share learnings on other brands’ email messaging strategies and opt-in tactics
Who you are:
- You have 3-5 years of relevant work experience, including at least 2 years of experience in an email marketing role
- You have experience with an ESP, such as SendGrid or ExactTarget
- You’re both creative and analytical, and are fascinated by the intersection of creativity and performance
- You have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- You love data and are always looking for ways to inform new ideas, tests, and other improvements for email using data-driven insights
- You have experience with Looker and/or Google Analytics and are comfortable working in Microsoft Excel
- You have an understanding of HTML/CSS
- You’re highly organized and excel in time management
- You have an eye for detail, ensuring emails are deployed perfectly for every send
- You have a collaborative working style and enjoy building strong cross-functional relationships
- You’re a self-starter who takes initiative and is comfortable tackling problems in ambiguous situations
- You’re highly adaptable and thrive in a fast-paced environment
- You understand the requirements for CAN-SPAM compliance, as well as the nuances of email compliance internationally in various regulatory environments (e.g. GDPR or CASL)
- You're passionate about transforming travel (but that’s a given!)
- You have a Bachelors degree, similar field of study, or equivalent practical experience
You’ll love working at Away because:
- We travel. We encourage you to take time to recharge outside of the office. You’ll have four weeks of PTO to explore new places and access to Away products to ensure your travels are seamless. And once you’re here for three years, you’ll earn a sabbatical and a bonus to take a well-deserved trip.
- We’re not just employees. We’re people. We offer 401(k) match, insurance coverage (health, vision, and dental), tax savings plans for retirement, generous and inclusive parental leave, dependent care, commuter benefits, reimbursements to incentivize you to work out, and a kitchen stocked with snacks and coffee.
- We’ll invest in your career. Our company’s growing quickly, and we’ll give you the opportunity to do the same. You’ll have access to a number of professional development opportunities so that you can keep up with the company’s evolving needs.
- We’re creating an environment where everyone can thrive. Our customers are global and diverse, so we’re building a team that is too. Through initiatives like our employee resource groups and inclusion training, we’re building the cultural foundation that gives people the emotional and physical space to bring their best selves to work.
- We offer competitive compensation packages. We deeply value the talent our team brings to the table and believe that fair and equitable total compensation packages are part of our commitment to everyone who works here.
- And so much more…! You can bring your dog to work. We’ll give you money every month to grab coffee with coworkers. We have weekly team lunches and regular happy hours. We also organize monthly opportunities to give back to our local communities.
Launched in 2016 by co-founders Steph Korey and Jen Rubio, Away is a global lifestyle brand with a mission to transform travel. By selling directly to customers both online and through retail stores, Away is able to eliminate retailer mark up and offer high quality, thoughtfully designed luggage and travel essentials without driving up the price. In just under four years, Away has already been twice named one of Fast Company’s “World’s Most Innovative Companies,” and one of TIME’s “50 Most Genius Companies”. Away is headquartered in New York City, with offices in London and Sydney. To learn more, visit awaytravel.com.
Away is dedicated to hiring a diverse workplace that celebrates an inclusive culture and a sense of belonging. As an equal opportunity employer, we do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, gender expression, and sexual orientation), national origin, age, veteran status, genetic information or disability.
Away is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.