We are a global lifestyle brand built on transforming the travel experience. In support of our mission, we're seeking a Director of Email Marketing to lead our Email Marketing team.
Our Email Marketing team grows the Away community by establishing strong customer relationships and building trust in our brand, motivating them to transform the way they connect with the world and with others. Our team connects with a global email audience through effective storytelling and drives them to engage with our brand.
Want to help us transform the travel industry? The ideal candidate will play an instrumental role in defining the long-term strategy to support this mission, including overseeing the execution, management and optimization of all of our email marketing campaigns and the sustained growth of an engaged audience and customer base. You will report into the VP, Growth Marketing and be based in our SoHo headquarters.
As a company that values inclusion, Away seeks individuals of all backgrounds and experiences to apply for this position.
What You'll Do:
- Lead the vision, strategy, and results for our global Email Marketing program, encompassing the marketing, transactional, and lifecycle email programs supporting growth and retention across our e-commerce and brick and mortar businesses
- Establish and deliver on KPIs and objectives for the global program’s growth across all regions on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis to meet revenue and performance targets
- Drive innovation across the team identifying new areas of opportunity for growth in our email marketing strategy and how we’re connecting our efforts to other teams
- Build, mentor, and manage your team of experienced email marketing managers who report directly to you, as well as all members of the email marketing team who roll up into you
- Develop a rigorous testing strategy alongside the team to continually optimize all areas of the program, including identifying opportunities to better understand our customer segments and their lifecycle and behaviors through the email channel, ultimately increasing efficiency and revenue and unlocking new insights for deeper segmentation
- Become an effective ambassador and partner to cross-functional partners in other departments, especially our Brand Marketing, Creative, International, and Digital teams. Lead the team in disseminating our latest learnings and help other functions understand how decision trade offs impact revenue and growing a loyal email subscriber base
- Partner with our Heads of Acquisition Marketing and Data & Analytics to ensure our customer cohorts are being nurtured and activated based on varying acquisition sources, supporting the long-term health of our customer base making our email marketing efforts more beneficial
- Partner with our Brand Marketing, Creative, and International teams on development of strategic campaign direction and creative assets to achieve our goals and drive ROI
- Regularly identify trends and email marketing strategies from other leading global brands to glean insights on best practices and new innovative ideas for email marketing tactics, including audits of how we can acquire, nurture and retain these customers
Who You Are:
- 8+ years of experience across all facets of email marketing, including campaign strategy/development, messaging, customer segmentation, deliverability and AB/multivariate testing ideally within e-commerce
- Critical thinker and are familiar with email optimization tactics to improve performance. You love testing and know how to quickly pivot based on results
- Demonstrated impact on the growth of an email program and its impact to the business due to a combination of your team building and mentorship ability, as well as the innovative ideas you have contributed or otherwise helped foster
- Deep experience building a program with various ESPs and tech stacks and other technology partners to support the needs of a global email marketing program, including deliverability and testing vendors
- Detailed knowledge of email regulations, best practices and compliance internationally in various regulatory regimes (e.g., GDPR or CASL)
- Resourceful and gritty, constantly questioning the current status quo and relentless solving problems in order to drive continuous improvement
- Hard working with a "no task is too small" attitude
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment
- Passionate about travel (but that’s a given!)
- Bachelors degree, similar field of study, or equivalent practical experience
You’ll love working at Away because:
- We travel. We encourage you to take time to recharge outside of the office. You’ll have four weeks of PTO to explore new places and access to Away products to ensure your travels are seamless. And once you’re here for three years, you’ll earn a sabbatical and a bonus to take a well-deserved trip.
- We’re not just employees. We’re people. We offer 401(k) match, insurance coverage (health, vision, and dental), tax savings plans for retirement, generous and inclusive parental leave, dependent care, commuter benefits, reimbursements to incentivize you to work out, and a kitchen stocked with snacks and coffee.
- We’ll invest in your career. Our company’s growing quickly, and we’ll give you the opportunity to do the same. You’ll have access to a number of professional development opportunities so that you can keep up with the company’s evolving needs.
- We’re creating an environment where everyone can thrive. Our customers are global and diverse, so we’re building a team that is too. Through initiatives like our employee resource groups and inclusion training, we’re building the cultural foundation that gives people the emotional and physical space to bring their best selves to work.
- We offer competitive compensation packages. We deeply value the talent our team brings to the table and believe that fair and equitable total compensation packages are part of our commitment to everyone who works here.
- And so much more…! You can bring your dog to work. We’ll give you money every month to grab coffee with coworkers. We have weekly team lunches and regular happy hours. We also organize monthly opportunities to give back to our local communities.
Launched in 2016 by co-founders Steph Korey and Jen Rubio, Away is a global lifestyle brand with a mission to transform travel. By selling directly to customers both online and through retail stores, Away is able to eliminate retailer mark up and offer high quality, thoughtfully designed luggage and travel essentials without driving up the price. In just under four years, Away has already been twice named one of Fast Company’s “World’s Most Innovative Companies,” and one of TIME’s “50 Most Genius Companies”. Away is headquartered in New York City, with offices in London and Sydney. To learn more, visit awaytravel.com.
Away is dedicated to hiring a diverse workplace that celebrates an inclusive culture and a sense of belonging. As an equal opportunity employer, we do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, gender expression, and sexual orientation), national origin, age, veteran status, genetic information or disability.
Away is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.