We are a global lifestyle brand built on transforming the travel experience. In support of our mission, we are seeking a Vice President of Creative Operations to join the Creative team.
Our Creative team conceptualizes creative strategies that position Away as a leader in innovative campaigns, products, and design by executing all creative initiatives including large scale, multi-platform creative for partnership and product launches, experiential deliverables, retail assets, digital marketing assets, and more. We act as brand stewards, maintaining consistent brand tone and visual identity across all channels and outlets.
Want to help us transform the travel industry? The ideal candidate will lead the day-to-day management of our Creative team—including responsibility for budget, KPIs, prioritization, project management, production, resource coordination, and team management. Partnering with the Executive Creative Director, this role will be accountable for executing creative flawlessly and ensuring that the needs of the business are met. An ideal candidate has strong business acumen to manage creative against our company strategy and goals, is a master of the creative process, has led large and complex teams, and has helped lead top tier creative work into the market. Reporting to a member of our Executive Leadership Team, this role is based at our HQ in SoHo, NYC.
As a company that values inclusion, Away seeks individuals of all backgrounds and experiences to apply for this position.
What you’ll do:
- Oversee the day-to-day operations of our entire Creative team across Creative Services, Creative Resources, Studio Operations and Production
- Lead and empower a team of high performing discipline leads
- Own and manage the entire Creative team budget and resourcing strategy, working alongside Brand and Growth Marketing leadership on total investment strategy
- Manage creative projects, including prioritization of all incoming briefs, timeline development, and process flows through the last approval
- Partner with the Executive Creative Director to ensure that the operational prowess of the department is seamlessly aligned with our creative endeavors and aspirations
- Represent the Creative team and act as the key point of contact with cross-functional leadership—synthesizing business goals and priorities into actionable initiatives and process iteration when managing creative resources
- Support creative excellence from pre-production through post-production in the selection of partners and external/internal stakeholder management across Brand, Growth Marketing, Web, Legal, and more
- Set vision for Creative Operations at Away while providing strong leadership and mentorship to team of 25+ (and growing!)
- Leverage data to set, manage, and track Creative team KPIs to understand creative effectiveness and inform future iteration
Who you are:
- Have at least 15+ years of working experience; Creative Services/Operations, Production, Account Management, Studio Management experience required
- Have led large teams (of 25+) and managed development of Creative organizational design
- Have an affinity for purpose driven work and have proven experience in bringing top tier work to fruition
- Have exceptional communication skills—you are proactive, organized, clear, and action-oriented
- Thrive in fast-moving, complex organizations where Creative sits at the heart of company strategy
- Are a natural problem-solver who is able to navigate multiple stakeholders towards the best business solution
- Can balance efficiency and creative reasoning—you think and act quickly, iterate when necessary, and constantly look for win-win recommendations
- Are hard-working with a "no task is too small" attitude
- Are never satisfied with the status quo, always thinking "how can we do this better?"
- Love to travel (but that's a given)—willing to travel for work
- Team player with a "no task is too small" attitude
- Enjoys working in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment
- Passionate about transforming travel (but that’s a given!)
- Bachelors degree, similar field of study, or equivalent practical experience
You’ll love working at Away because:
- We travel. We encourage you to take time to recharge outside of the office. You’ll have four weeks of PTO to explore new places and access to Away products to ensure your travels are seamless. And once you’re here for three years, you’ll earn a sabbatical and a bonus to take a well-deserved trip.
- We’re not just employees. We’re people. We offer 401(k) match, insurance coverage (health, vision, and dental), tax savings plans for retirement, generous and inclusive parental leave, dependent care, commuter benefits, reimbursements to incentivize you to work out, and a kitchen stocked with snacks and coffee.
- We’ll invest in your career. Our company’s growing quickly, and we’ll give you the opportunity to do the same. You’ll have access to a number of professional development opportunities so that you can keep up with the company’s evolving needs.
- We’re creating an environment where everyone can thrive. Our customers are global and diverse, so we’re building a team that is too. Through initiatives like our employee resource groups and inclusion training, we’re building the cultural foundation that gives people the emotional and physical space to bring their best selves to work.
- We offer competitive compensation packages. We deeply value the talent our team brings to the table and believe that fair and equitable total compensation packages are part of our commitment to everyone who works here.
- And so much more…! You can bring your dog to work. We’ll give you money every month to grab coffee with coworkers. We have weekly team lunches and regular happy hours. We also organize monthly opportunities to give back to our local communities.
Launched in 2016 by co-founders Steph Korey and Jen Rubio, Away is a global lifestyle brand with a mission to transform travel. By selling directly to customers both online and through retail stores, Away is able to eliminate retailer mark up and offer high quality, thoughtfully designed luggage and travel essentials without driving up the price. In just under four years, Away has already been twice named one of Fast Company’s “World’s Most Innovative Companies,” and one of TIME’s “50 Most Genius Companies”. Away is headquartered in New York City, with offices in London and Sydney. To learn more, visit awaytravel.com.
Away is dedicated to hiring a diverse workplace that celebrates an inclusive culture and a sense of belonging. As an equal opportunity employer, we do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, gender expression, and sexual orientation), national origin, age, veteran status, genetic information or disability.
Away is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com.