Away is seeking a Senior Art Director to join our Creative team. We are a global lifestyle brand that is on a mission to create thoughtful products designed to make travel more seamless. In support of our mission, the ideal candidate will be a conceptual Art Director with strong execution and attention to detail. In partnership with your Sr Copywriter partner, you will be responsible for concepting and executing on social media, print, OOH, experiential ideas, etc, which will push the brand forward and position Away as a leader in the travel space. You will be expected to also partner closely with all areas of the business to ensure your creative ideas and insights are delivering on brief and on brand. This role will work from our headquarters in SoHo, NYC and report in to our Creative Director.
As a company that values inclusion, Away seeks individuals of all backgrounds and experiences to apply for this position.
What You'll Do:
- Build out insightful creative ideas that successfully stretch across multiple channels.
- Continual development of visual look and feel for the brand.
- Work closely with the full Creative team to synthesize briefs into strategic creative concepts and see projects through from start to finish.
- Work closely with the Production team on all shoot planning/prep, ensure execution aligns with concept, and oversee finishing of all assets.
- Balance brand and business goals—ensuring all assets live up to Away’s creative standards while still delivering on channel specific best-practices.
- Monitor industry trends to ensure we’re leading the way in innovation and performance.
- Partner closely with other disciplines within the Creative team (including Brand Design, Copy, Production, and UX), as well as other key stakeholders to ensure cross-functional integration and strategic implementation of the Away brand.
Who You Are:
- 5-7 years of experience in a creative agency setting, with a focus on art direction.
- Strong sense of design aesthetic.
- Your portfolio showcases a wide array of integrated experience with both above-the-line and below-the-line initiatives.
- Effectively partner with various key stakeholders and manage multiple projects at once.
- Ability to synthesize briefs, conceptualize, and execute.
- Experience leading photo and video productions: partnering with producers, photographers, prop stylists, retouchers, and video editors.
- Meticulously organized, vigilant, and detail oriented.
- Hard working with a "no task is too small" attitude.
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment.
- Passionate about travel (but that’s a given!)
You’ll love working at Away because:
- We travel. We believe that getting away changes your understanding of the world around you. You’ll have generous PTO to explore new places and access to Away products to ensure your travels are seamless. And after three years with Away, you’ll earn a sabbatical and a bonus to take an additional well-deserved trip.
- We’re not just employees. We’re people. As a global company, our benefits and perks vary by region, but they align with our commitment to support our employees’ wellbeing both inside and outside of work. We offer insurance coverage, financial contributions for retirement, generous and inclusive parental leave, and a kitchen stocked with snacks and coffee to keep you fueled throughout the day.
- We’ll invest in your career. Our company’s growing quickly, and we’ll give you the opportunity to do the same. You’ll have access to a number of professional development opportunities so that you can keep up with the company’s evolving needs and grow your career along the way.
- We’re creating an environment where everyone can thrive. Our customers are global and diverse, so we’re building a team that is, too. Through initiatives like our employee resource groups, company-wide trainings, and events, we’re building an inclusive environment where people can bring their best selves to work.
- We offer competitive compensation packages. We deeply value the talent and impact our team brings to the table, and believe that fair and equitable total compensation packages are part of our commitment to everyone who works here.
- And so much more… Dogs in the office, complimentary coffee with coworkers, weekly team lunches, quarterly team outings, and organized volunteer opportunities to give back to our local communities!
Away (www.awaytravel.com) is a modern lifestyle brand creating thoughtful products designed to transform travel.
Since our launch in February 2016, we have become one of the fastest growing consumer brands in the world. We have sold millions of travel products, grown from a team of four to over 250, expanded shipping to nearly 40 countries, opened seven stores across two countries, and launched several new products and experiences that are inspiring more people to travel the world. And we know that’s just the beginning!
In just over three years, we have already been twice named one of Fast Company’s “World’s Most Innovative Companies,” one of TIME’s “50 Most Genius Companies,” one of LinkedIn's "Top Startups," and a Forbes “Next Billion Dollar Startup.” We have also raised more than $156M in total equity funding to fuel our next phase of growth.
Today, we’re expanding into new travel product categories including apparel, wellness and lifestyle accessories as well as investing in the growth of physical retail in the US and abroad--with the plan to open 50 new stores in the next three years. Sound like something you want to be part of? We’re hiring!