Away is seeking a Sales Supervisor to join our growing Retail team! We are a global lifestyle brand that is on a mission to create thoughtful products designed to make travel more seamless. In support of our mission, the ideal candidate will focus primarily on supporting and motivating a team of retail associates. It will be your task to ensure Away’s brand ethos is infused into the store experience and that your team is delivering exceptional customer service. You will also help to drive performance by managing the store’s systems and people operations.
As a company that values inclusion, Away seeks individuals of all backgrounds and experiences to apply for this position.
What You’ll Do:
- Manage, support, and develop a team of retail associates
- Onboard new hires while still coaching existing team members
- Communicate Away’s values and brand philosophy to your team and to customers alike
- Ensure that your team is providing the best customer service possible, by providing such service yourself
- Take ownership of in-store processes and operations and help define Away’s SOPs
- Help run an efficient and growing retail business; optimize store operations and customer journey
- Be a point person for HQ counterparts and colleagues; assist in marketing events and programming at the store.
Who You Are:
- 2-3 years experience in a managerial, customer-facing role
- Deep understanding of elevated customer experience
- Genuinely excited about building and managing a high-performing retail team. Comfortable getting their hands dirty!
- Must have a passion for people development, a knack for motivation, and a honed and mature leadership style
- Understanding of financial performance models and how to action KPIs
- Hard working with a "no task is too small" attitude
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment
- Passionate about travel (but that’s a given!)
Away (www.awaytravel.com) is a modern lifestyle brand creating thoughtful products designed to transform travel.
Since our launch in February 2016, we have become one of the fastest growing consumer brands in the world. We have sold millions of travel products, grown from a team of four to over 250, expanded shipping to nearly 40 countries, opened seven stores across two countries, and launched several new products and experiences that are inspiring more people to travel the world. And we know that’s just the beginning!
In just over three years, we have already been twice named one of Fast Company’s “World’s Most Innovative Companies,” one of TIME’s “50 Most Genius Companies,” and a Forbes “Next Billion Dollar Startup.” We have also raised more than $156M in total equity funding to fuel our next phase of growth.
Today, we’re expanding into new travel product categories including apparel, wellness and lifestyle accessories as well as investing in the growth of physical retail in the US and abroad--with the plan to open 50 new stores in the next three years. Sound like something you want to be part of? We’re hiring!