Away is seeking a Senior Associate of Email Marketing to join our Retention Marketing team. In this role, you will collaborate with our Email Marketing Manager to deliver a world-class email experience for our subscribers. The right candidate is excited to contribute to the growth, development, and successful execution of our marketing email campaigns. This role will be instrumental in driving customer engagement and improving customer retention. This position is based out of our headquarters in SoHo, New York City and reports to the Email Marketing Manager.
What You'll Do:
- Own the development of email marketing messages from initial concept and briefing through asset delivery, partnering closely with the creative team in the development of all email marketing assets
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams (Brand Marketing, Retail, Insights, International, etc.) to support other teams’ needs through the email program
- Develop new and engaging content ideas for both existing and prospective customers to aid in the creation of the email calendar
- Work with the Email Marketing Manager to optimize segmentation strategies for marketing emails with the ultimate goal of improving customer retention
- Analyze campaigns using Looker and Google Analytics, monitoring key metrics and KPIs that impact customer retention and overall email program performance
- Regularly report on email performance, tracking progress towards channel goals and sharing key insights with various cross-functional audiences
- Work closely with the Email Marketing Manager to develop A/B testing plans to optimize for revenue, engagement & retention from marketing campaigns
- Expand our strategies to drive subscriber sign-ups across multiple touchpoints
- Conduct regular competitive research and share learnings on other brands’ email messaging strategies & opt-in tactics
Who You Are:
- You have 3-4 years of relevant work experience, including at least 1 year of experience in an email marketing role
- You have experience with an ESP such as SendGrid, Klaviyo, Bronto, Iterable, Braze, or ExactTarget
- You’re both creative and analytical, and are fascinated by the intersection of creativity and performance
- You have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- You love data and are always looking for ways to inform new ideas, tests, and other improvements for the program using data-driven insights
- You have experience with Looker and/or Google Analytics and are comfortable working in Microsoft Excel
- You’re highly organized and excel in time management
- You have an eye for detail, ensuring emails are deployed perfectly for every send
- You have a collaborative working style and enjoy building strong cross-functional relationships
- You’re a self-starter who takes initiative and is comfortable tackling problems in ambiguous situations
- You’re highly adaptable and thrive in a fast-paced environment
- You understand the requirements for CAN-SPAM compliance as well as the nuances of email compliance internationally in various regulatory environments (e.g. GDPR or CASL)
- You love to travel (but that's a given)
You’ll love working at Away because:
- We travel. We encourage you to take time to recharge outside of the office. You’ll have generous PTO to explore new places and access to Away products to ensure your travels are seamless. And once you’re here for three years, you’ll earn a sabbatical and a bonus to take a well-deserved trip.
- We’re not just employees. We’re people. We offer insurance coverage (health, vision, and dental), tax savings plans for retirement, dependent care, commuter benefits, reimbursements to incentivize you to work out, generous and inclusive parental leave, and a kitchen stocked with organic snacks and coffee.
- We’ll invest in your career. Our company’s growing quickly, and we’ll give you the opportunity to do the same. You’ll have access to a number of professional development opportunities so that you can keep up with the company’s evolving needs.
- We’re creating an environment where everyone can thrive. Our customers are global and diverse, so we’re building a team that is, too. Through initiatives like our employee resource groups, our new office in downtown Manhattan, and more, we’re building the cultural foundation that gives people the emotional and physical space to bring their best selves to work.
- We offer competitive compensation packages. We deeply value the talent our team brings to the table, and believe that fair and equitable total compensation packages are part of our commitment to everyone who works here.
- And so much more…! You can bring your dog to work. We’ll give you money every month to grab coffee with coworkers. We have weekly team lunches and regular happy hours. We organize ways to give back to our local communities.
Away (www.awaytravel.com) is a modern lifestyle brand creating thoughtful products designed to transform travel
Since our launch in February 2016, we have become one of the fastest growing consumer brands in the world. We have sold millions of travel products, grown from a team of four to over 250, expanded shipping to nearly 40 countries, opened seven stores across two countries, and launched several new products and experiences that are inspiring more people to travel the world. And we know that’s just the beginning!
In just over three years, we have already been twice named one of Fast Company’s “World’s Most Innovative Companies,” one of TIME’s “50 Most Genius Companies,” one of LinkedIn's "Top Startups," and a Forbes “Next Billion Dollar Startup.” We have also raised more than $156M in total equity funding to fuel our next phase of growth.
Today, we’re expanding into new travel product categories including apparel, wellness and lifestyle accessories as well as investing in the growth of physical retail in the US and abroad--with the plan to open 50 new stores in the next three years. Sound like something you want to be part of? We’re hiring!