Away is a global lifestyle brand that is on a mission to create thoughtful products designed to make travel more seamless. In support of our mission we are building a best-in-class accounting team, and we are hiring for an Accounts Payable A to help streamline how we work with vendors globally, account for invoices, and manage employee expenses. The ideal candidate will hold themselves to a high standard of executional excellence, and have a passion for accounts payable, a can-do attitude, and a willingness to learn and grow in a fast-paced environment. You will be based in our headquarters in Soho, NYC and report directly to the Accounts Payable Manager.
As a company that values inclusion, Away seeks individuals of all backgrounds and experiences to apply for this position.
What You’ll Do
- Manage the accounts payable inbox, enter and code bills in the ERP and/or AP system, and communicate with vendors and business owners to resolve any inquiries or discrepancies.
- Maintain the vendor master file, including new vendor set-up, completion of vendor credit forms and vendor payment set-up
- Initiate bill payments via ACH, check, wire, and credit card in compliance with the Company’s policies and procedures
- Be an administrator of the Company’s third party T&E platforms, Expensify and Teampay (and any future systems), including the review of employee expense reports and submissions to ensure adherence to Company policy and accuracy over coding
- Reconcile credit card liability accounts
- Facilitate expense analysis and reporting by generating system reports for distribution to business owners
- Facilitate vendor spend reporting and provide analysis as requested by FP&A and business owners
- Help support the accounting team with administrative tasks associated with filings, billings and other tasks.
- Maintain process documentation and look for opportunities to automate and improve daily accounting processes
- Provide support with audits, special inquiries, projects and ad-hoc analysis.
Who You Are
- BS/BA in Accounting or related field
- 1-2 years of accounts payable experience; internship or contract experience is considered
- Ability to apply basic logic and generally accepted accounting principles to your work
- Respect for data privacy, including but not limited to vendor and employee information
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Self-motivated, detail-oriented, with strong organizational and time management skills
- Enthusiastic and eager to learn and problem solve, including taking initiative to propose solutions
- Competency in MS Suite, databases, and accounting software (experience with Netsuite or Expensify a plus)
- Hard working with a "no task is too small" attitude.
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment.
- Passionate about travel (but that’s a given!)
You’ll love working at Away because:
- We travel. We believe that getting away changes your understanding of the world around you. You’ll have generous PTO to explore new places and access to Away products to ensure your travels are seamless. And after three years with Away, you’ll earn a sabbatical and a bonus to take an additional well-deserved trip.
- We’re not just employees. We’re people. As a global company, our benefits and perks vary by region, but they align with our commitment to support our employees’ wellbeing both inside and outside of work. We offer insurance coverage, financial contributions for retirement, generous and inclusive parental leave, and a kitchen stocked with snacks and coffee to keep you fueled throughout the day.
- We’ll invest in your career. Our company’s growing quickly, and we’ll give you the opportunity to
- do the same. You’ll have access to a number of professional development opportunities so that you can keep up with the company’s evolving needs and grow your career along the way.
- We’re creating an environment where everyone can thrive. Our customers are global and diverse, so we’re building a team that is, too. Through initiatives like our employee resource groups, company-wide trainings, and events, we’re building an inclusive environment where people can bring their best selves to work.
- We offer competitive compensation packages. We deeply value the talent and impact our team brings to the table, and believe that fair and equitable total compensation packages are part of our commitment to everyone who works here.
And so much more… Dogs in the office, complimentary coffee with coworkers, weekly team lunches, quarterly team outings, and organized volunteer opportunities to give back to our local communities!
Away (www.awaytravel.com) is a modern lifestyle brand creating thoughtful products designed to transform travel.
Since our launch in February 2016, we have become one of the fastest growing consumer brands in the world. We have sold millions of travel products, grown from a team of four to over 250, expanded shipping to nearly 40 countries, opened seven stores across two countries, and launched several new products and experiences that are inspiring more people to travel the world. And we know that’s just the beginning!
In just over three years, we have already been twice named one of Fast Company’s “World’s Most Innovative Companies,” one of TIME’s “50 Most Genius Companies,” and a Forbes “Next Billion Dollar Startup.” We have also raised more than $156M in total equity funding to fuel our next phase of growth.
Today, we’re expanding into new travel product categories including apparel, wellness and lifestyle accessories as well as investing in the growth of physical retail in the US and abroad--with the plan to open 50 new stores in the next three years. Sound like something you want to be part of? We’re hiring!