At Away, we believe in constant iteration and improvement to deliver transformative travel experiences. As part of our own transformative journey, we are implementing an Enterprise Resource Planning system (ERP). The Global Operations team is seeking a seasoned operations and supply chain leader to act as our Operations ERP Director.
The Operations ERP Director will be a key member of the Global Operations team while they are embedded full time with a cross-functional team dedicated to the ERP implementation. The Operations ERP Director will be responsible for making sure process and system decisions are made in a way that sets up Away for long-term, successful, sustainable growth. As part of the overall ERP effort, the Operations ERP Director will have shared responsibility to ensure the ERP implementation happens on time, on budget, with the right process and systems readiness, and that the change successfully sticks. Upon successful implementation of the ERP, it is anticipated that this person will transition into a functional Operations role. Success in this position will require a balance of rolling-up-sleeves detail-orientation, process-orientation, problem solving, communication (written and verbal), influence (across all levels), translating processes into systems, and action-orientation. Extensive, end-to-end Operations and supply chain experience with physical products for a global brand is essential.
This position reports to the Vice President of Global Operations and is based out of our headquarters in Soho, NYC.
What You'll Do:
- Be the Operations team point person on the ERP project, lasting approximately 12 months, resulting in successful implementation of the ERP
- Deeply understand every step of the current and future state Operational processes at Away, the scope of which starts at product development and runs through delivery - including returns
- Manage budgets, timelines, resources, scope, and decision-making in partnership with the ERP implementation team and Operations leadership
- Work with Operations team members, and cross-functional team members, to create future state processes that set up Away for successful and sustainable growth
- Translate process requirements into business systems
- Lead use case creation, testing, and business readiness activities related to the ERP implementation
- Be a change leader, ensuring your Away teammates are ready for, and enthusiastically embrace, the ERP journey
- Foster and model a culture of transparency and clear communication so that every individual touched by the ERP implementation understands exactly what is happening, when, why, and with what positive impact
- Relentlessly provide solutions that proactively clear any road blocks
- Provide a calm, reliable, reassuring leadership presence to the team
- Teach your Away teammates new and more efficient methods of working that leaves them surprised and delighted
Who You Are:
- 8+ years of experience in global operations and supply chain management, with a demonstrated track record of deeply understanding end-to-end operations
- Must have direct to consumer brand experience
- Must have experience playing a leading role in one or more successful ERP implementations
- You are metrics oriented and use a data-driven approach to strategy and execution
- Your project management and organizational skills are unparalleled
- Your colleagues recognize you as a benchmark written and verbal communicator
- You are always reliable and relentlessly focused on being better, faster, and more effective
- You are a highly proactive identifier of improvement and optimization opportunities; every time you are introduced to an existing process, you immediately ask “is this the best way to do this to meet our goals?”
- You thrive in a fast paced environment that requires continual multi-tasking and prioritization
You’ll love working at Away because:
- We travel. We encourage you to take time to recharge outside of the office. You’ll have generous PTO to explore new places and access to Away products to ensure your travels are seamless. And once you’re here for three years, you’ll earn a sabbatical and a bonus to take a well-deserved trip.
- We’re not just employees. We’re people. We offer insurance coverage (health, vision, and dental), tax savings plans for retirement, dependent care, commuter benefits, reimbursements to incentivize you to work out, generous and inclusive parental leave, and a kitchen stocked with organic snacks and coffee.
- We’ll invest in your career. Our company’s growing quickly, and we’ll give you the opportunity to do the same. You’ll have access to a number of professional development opportunities so that you can keep up with the company’s evolving needs.
- We’re creating an environment where everyone can thrive. Our customers are global and diverse, so we’re building a team that is, too. Through initiatives like our employee resource groups, our new office in downtown Manhattan, and more, we’re building the cultural foundation that gives people the emotional and physical space to bring their best selves to work.
- We offer competitive compensation packages. We deeply value the talent our team brings to the table, and believe that fair and equitable total compensation packages are part of our commitment to everyone who works here.
- And so much more…! You can bring your dog to work. We’ll give you money every month to grab coffee with coworkers. We have weekly team lunches and regular happy hours. We organize ways to give back to our local communities.
Away (www.awaytravel.com) is a modern lifestyle brand creating thoughtful products designed to transform travel
Since our launch in February 2016, we have become one of the fastest growing consumer brands in the world. We have sold millions of travel products, grown from a team of four to over 250, expanded shipping to nearly 40 countries, opened seven stores across two countries, and launched several new products and experiences that are inspiring more people to travel the world. And we know that’s just the beginning!
In just over three years, we have already been twice named one of Fast Company’s “World’s Most Innovative Companies,” one of TIME’s “50 Most Genius Companies,” one of LinkedIn's "Top Startups," and a Forbes “Next Billion Dollar Startup.” We have also raised more than $156M in total equity funding to fuel our next phase of growth.
Today, we’re expanding into new travel product categories including apparel, wellness and lifestyle accessories as well as investing in the growth of physical retail in the US and abroad--with the plan to open 50 new stores in the next three years. Sound like something you want to be part of? We’re hiring!