Away is seeking a Senior Associate, Corporate Gifting to join our growing Retention Marketing team. In this role you will be responsible for managing, developing and coordinating corporate gifting relationships and contributing to the larger strategy in growing this area of the business. The right candidate is highly motivated, thrives interacting with customers, and is eager to take on responsibility and help thoughtfully define the vision for the future of the program. This position is based out of our headquarters in SoHo, New York City and reports to the Corporate Gifting Manager.
What You'll Do:
- Nurture client relationships through email and phone communications with the ability to effectively communicate our brand positioning and corporate gifting offerings
- Facilitate inquiries through our CRM tool, while maintaining a detailed account of customer data and opportunity status, including additional role and industry research
- Leverage basic principles of sales and account management to create a pipeline of accounts on an ongoing basis
- Work with cross-functional teams to generate new ideas and identify potential for the program, including partnership opportunities, marketing materials, special event activations, and custom personalization opportunities
- Proactively implement and iterate on detailed processes and tools to ensure all order information is clearly communicated and translated throughout personalization production to both internal teams and external partners
- Analyze trends and commonly asked questions from clients to further identify new audiences, verticals, and inform the expansion of our product offering
- Monitor competitive corporate gifting programs and compile findings for continuous improvement of our program
Who You Are:
- You have 2-4 years of sales, business development, account management, partnerships, or customer success experience
- You have excellent communication and customer relationship skills and are able to speak clearly and in our brand voice when interacting with clients
- You have a strong proficiency with Excel including data manipulation/organization and have the ability to use this data to solve the problem at hand
- You’re highly organized and can seamlessly manage multiple conversations and timelines
- You have experience with CRM systems and are familiar with identifying, setting, and tracking the right kinds of pipeline and sales metrics that drive a business forward
- You have excellent writing and interpersonal skills and are excited to represent our brand to a variety of clients from startups to Fortune 500 companies; you have experience managing similar types of clients
- You have creative ideas on how to uncover new opportunity in the corporate gifting space and are eager to share those thoughts with our team
- You can anticipate client needs and can identify additional opportunity without being directly asked
- You have a “no task is too small” attitude
- You love to travel (but that's a given)
You’ll love working at Away because:
- We travel. We encourage you to take time to recharge outside of the office. You’ll have generous PTO to explore new places and access to Away products to ensure your travels are seamless. And once you’re here for three years, you’ll earn a sabbatical and a bonus to take a well-deserved trip.
- We’re not just employees. We’re people. We offer insurance coverage (health, vision, and dental), tax savings plans for retirement, dependent care, commuter benefits, reimbursements to incentivize you to work out, generous and inclusive parental leave, and a kitchen stocked with organic snacks and coffee.
- We’ll invest in your career. Our company’s growing quickly, and we’ll give you the opportunity to do the same. You’ll have access to a number of professional development opportunities so that you can keep up with the company’s evolving needs.
- We’re creating an environment where everyone can thrive. Our customers are global and diverse, so we’re building a team that is, too. Through initiatives like our employee resource groups, our new office in downtown Manhattan, and more, we’re building the cultural foundation that gives people the emotional and physical space to bring their best selves to work.
- We offer competitive compensation packages. We deeply value the talent our team brings to the table, and believe that fair and equitable total compensation packages are part of our commitment to everyone who works here.
- And so much more…! You can bring your dog to work. We’ll give you money every month to grab coffee with coworkers. We have weekly team lunches and regular happy hours. We organize ways to give back to our local communities.
Away (www.awaytravel.com) is a modern lifestyle brand creating thoughtful products designed to transform travel.
Since our launch in February 2016, we have become one of the fastest growing consumer brands in the world. We have sold millions of travel products, grown from a team of four to over 250, expanded shipping to nearly 40 countries, opened seven stores across two countries, and launched several new products and experiences that are inspiring more people to travel the world. And we know that’s just the beginning!
In just over three years, we have already been twice named one of Fast Company’s “World’s Most Innovative Companies,” one of TIME’s “50 Most Genius Companies,” and a Forbes “Next Billion Dollar Startup.” We have also raised more than $156M in total equity funding to fuel our next phase of growth.
Today, we’re expanding into new travel product categories including apparel, wellness and lifestyle accessories as well as investing in the growth of physical retail in the US and abroad--with the plan to open 50 new stores in the next three years. Sound like something you want to be part of? We’re hiring!