Away is seeking an experienced, organized and inspirational Studio Director to lead the new Creative Studio team. The ideal candidate has a proven track record of establishing and running an efficient and innovative in-house studio, leading a team of Production Designers, Copywriters, Retouchers and Content Creators. You will work closely with our Executive Creative Director and CDs to ensure consistency and quality of all marketing materials exiting the Studio—while continuously identifying opportunities to iterate and improve on process and output.
This role will report into our VP of Creative Strategy and will work out of our SoHo, NYC, headquarters. As a company that values inclusion, Away seeks individuals of all backgrounds and experiences to apply for this position.
What You’ll Do:
- Develop the framework and processes that set the Studio up for efficient, scalable and innovative growth.
- Build and oversee a team of experienced and talented individuals who deliver exceptional creative and business results—establishing the Away Studio as best-in-class.
- Identify new roles and opportunities to push the work and brand forward—always optimizing for brand standards and seamless output.
- Ensure all projects are properly assigned based on skill set and expertise and the team is resourced to meet business needs.
- Proactively identify the need for freelance and outsource help, and work with Creative Resourcing, Creative Recruiting and Production as needed to get the right people on the right work.
- Oversee the execution of deliverables for several channels, including digital, retail, experiential, print, OOH and more.
- Work with our Creative Services team to ensure schedules and workflows for all projects are being delivered on time and on brand.
- Advocate for creative excellence, attention to detail, and high brand standards at all times.
Who You Are:
- 8–15 years experience leading an in-house or in-agency creative studio.
- Proven track record of building scalable and efficient teams, workflows and processes.
- Experienced in and familiar with mechanical production design and retouching.
- Expert in Adobe InDesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator.
- Ability to assess projects and solve issues quickly and efficiently.
- Strong organizational and people skills.
- Hardworking with a "no task is too small" attitude.
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment.
- Passionate about travel. (But that’s a given!)
You’ll love working at Away because:
- We travel. We believe that getting away changes your understanding of the world around you. You’ll have generous PTO to explore new places and access to Away products to ensure your travels are seamless. And after three years with Away, you’ll earn a sabbatical and a bonus to take an additional well-deserved trip.
- We’re not just employees. We’re people. As a global company, our benefits and perks vary by region, but they align with our commitment to support our employees’ wellbeing both inside and outside of work. We offer insurance coverage, financial contributions for retirement, generous and inclusive parental leave, and a kitchen stocked with snacks and coffee to keep you fueled throughout the day.
- We’ll invest in your career. Our company’s growing quickly, and we’ll give you the opportunity to
- do the same. You’ll have access to a number of professional development opportunities so that you can keep up with the company’s evolving needs and grow your career along the way.
- We’re creating an environment where everyone can thrive. Our customers are global and diverse, so we’re building a team that is, too. Through initiatives like our employee resource groups, company-wide trainings, and events, we’re building an inclusive environment where people can bring their best selves to work.
- We offer competitive compensation packages. We deeply value the talent and impact our team brings to the table, and believe that fair and equitable total compensation packages are part of our commitment to everyone who works here.
- And so much more… Dogs in the office, complimentary coffee with coworkers, weekly team lunches, quarterly team outings, and organized volunteer opportunities to give back to our local communities!
Away (www.awaytravel.com) is a modern lifestyle brand creating thoughtful products designed to transform travel.
Since our launch in February 2016, we have become one of the fastest growing consumer brands in the world. We have sold millions of travel products, grown from a team of four to over 250, expanded shipping to nearly 40 countries, opened seven stores across two countries, and launched several new products and experiences that are inspiring more people to travel the world. And we know that’s just the beginning!
In just over three years, we have already been twice named one of Fast Company’s “World’s Most Innovative Companies,” one of TIME’s “50 Most Genius Companies,” and a Forbes “Next Billion Dollar Startup.” We have also raised more than $156M in total equity funding to fuel our next phase of growth.
Today, we’re expanding into new travel product categories including apparel, wellness and lifestyle accessories as well as investing in the growth of physical retail in the US and abroad--with the plan to open 50 new stores in the next three years. Sound like something you want to be part of? We’re hiring!