Away is looking for an innovative and strategic Creative Director, Digital, to join our team. You’ll be the champion in creating compelling digital experiences that conceptually and visually define the brand, while ensuring we hit our business objectives. You will collaborate closely with your creative and digital partners to craft cohesive and on-brand campaign executions across the digital ecosystem.
This position will report directly to our VP of UX and work from our headquarters in SoHo, NYC. As a company that values inclusion, Away seeks individuals of all backgrounds and experiences to apply for this position.
What you’ll do:
- Set a high bar for digital storytelling at Away; own the holistic digital vision for all marketing campaigns and brand-building experiences to consistently engage our customers, while meeting the business objectives.
- Mentor and lead a team of digital designers and art directors to concept and produce best-in-class web experiences; guide them through a highly cross-functional and collaborative design process to create winning results.
- Facilitate productive brainstorms and constructive critique; encourage innovation by creating a safe-to-fail culture, where all team members embrace an iterative creative process.
- Partner closely with all leaders across Digital, Creative, Brand, Growth, Strategy, Marketing, Retail, Product, etc. to adapt fresh and engaging digital experiences to overarching campaign concepts and product positioning.
- Oversee photo shoots and video shoots to ensure creative excellence in visual content and alignment with approved creative direction for various digital channels.
- Communicate, present, and manage up to senior leadership; define critical milestones to get buy-in, then provide clear feedback and next steps to the project team.
- Champion attention to detail and review all deliverables with an exacting eye: hold all our launches to the highest standard.
- Manage multiple initiatives and team members at once, continuously balancing impact and effort to maximize the creative output of your team.
- Identify opportunities to inform strategic planning, project timelines, and team resourcing.
Who you are:
- 8–15 years experience designing responsive websites and art directing marketing experiences. An understanding of e-commerce best practices is required.
- A strong, dynamic portfolio of projects that elevated a brand’s digital experience.
- The energy and drive to deliver the best design in the industry with a passion for the craft—an advocate for creative excellence.
- Deeply familiar with the digital design process and adaptable to a range of timeline and feasibility constraints.
- Competence in Figma, Sketch, Illustrator, Photoshop, Zeplin, InVision, and any other animation/prototyping tools of your choice.
- Excited by and thrive in a fast-paced, ever-evolving, and entrepreneurial environment.
- Curious and resourceful with a natural ability to solve problems and seek new information.
- Accessible to all team members and eager to solicit feedback.
- Hardworking with a "no task is too small" attitude.
- Love to travel. (But that's a given!)
You’ll love working at Away because:
- We travel. We believe that getting away changes your understanding of the world around you. You’ll have generous PTO to explore new places and access to Away products to ensure your travels are seamless. And after three years with Away, you’ll earn a sabbatical and a bonus to take an additional well-deserved trip.
- We’re not just employees. We’re people. As a global company, our benefits and perks vary by region, but they align with our commitment to support our employees’ wellbeing both inside and outside of work. We offer insurance coverage, financial contributions for retirement, generous and inclusive parental leave, and a kitchen stocked with snacks and coffee to keep you fueled throughout the day.
- We’ll invest in your career. Our company’s growing quickly, and we’ll give you the opportunity to
- do the same. You’ll have access to a number of professional development opportunities so that you can keep up with the company’s evolving needs and grow your career along the way.
- We’re creating an environment where everyone can thrive. Our customers are global and diverse, so we’re building a team that is, too. Through initiatives like our employee resource groups, company-wide trainings, and events, we’re building an inclusive environment where people can bring their best selves to work.
- We offer competitive compensation packages. We deeply value the talent and impact our team brings to the table, and believe that fair and equitable total compensation packages are part of our commitment to everyone who works here.
- And so much more… Dogs in the office, complimentary coffee with coworkers, weekly team lunches, quarterly team outings, and organized volunteer opportunities to give back to our local communities!
Away (www.awaytravel.com) is a modern lifestyle brand creating thoughtful products designed to transform travel.
Since our launch in February 2016, we have become one of the fastest growing consumer brands in the world. We have sold millions of travel products, grown from a team of four to over 250, expanded shipping to nearly 40 countries, opened seven stores across two countries, and launched several new products and experiences that are inspiring more people to travel the world. And we know that’s just the beginning!
In just over three years, we have already been twice named one of Fast Company’s “World’s Most Innovative Companies,” one of TIME’s “50 Most Genius Companies,” and a Forbes “Next Billion Dollar Startup.” We have also raised more than $156M in total equity funding to fuel our next phase of growth.
Today, we’re expanding into new travel product categories including apparel, wellness and lifestyle accessories as well as investing in the growth of physical retail in the US and abroad--with the plan to open 50 new stores in the next three years. Sound like something you want to be part of? We’re hiring!