We are a global lifestyle brand built on transforming the travel experience. In support of our mission, we're seeking a strategic and conceptual Associate Creative Director with an Art Direction focus to join the Creative team.
Our Creative team conceptualizes creative strategies that position Away as a leader in innovative campaigns, products, and design by executing all creative initiatives including large scale, multi-platform creative for partnership and product launches, experiential deliverables, retail assets, digital marketing assets, and more. We act as brand stewards, maintaining consistent brand tone and visual identity across all channels and outlets.
Want to help us transform the travel industry? You will be responsible for conceptualizing and executing on big idea thinking that pushes the brand forward and positions Away as a leader in the travel and creative space. You will be expected to partner closely with all areas of the business to ensure your creative ideas and insights are delivering on the brief and business expectations. You will report into our Creative Director and be based in our SoHo headquarters.
As a company that values inclusion, Away seeks individuals of all backgrounds and experiences to apply for this position.
What You'll Do:
- Bring big ideas to the table that shape the travel space, excite our community, and cement Away as a global brand leader
- Collaborate with both strategy and channel leads to understand channel best practices in order to deliver creative that meets our business goals and satisfies our brand approach from top to bottom
- Concept and execute any/all materials for a brand campaign or product launch, including TV, print, OOH, brand marketing, social media, retail, experiential, and more
- Partner with CD and strategy leads to build out insightful creative platforms that successfully stretch across multiple channels
- Collaborate with and guide art direction teams in maintaining and iterating on Away’s brand identity
- Set an example of creative excellence that inspires and guides a team of Art Directors and creatives to always reach for the highest brand standards
- Partner closely with other disciplines within the Creative team (including Brand Design, Copy, Production, and UX) as well as other key stakeholders throughout Away to ensure cross-functional integration and strategic implementation of the Away brand
Who You Are:
- 8–10 years experience at a creative agency or on a brand creative team with a strong sense of design aesthetic
- Creator of a strong and dynamic portfolio that showcases a wide array of integrated experience with both above-the-line and below-the-line initiatives
- Able to effectively partner with various key stakeholders and manage multiple projects at once
- Excited by and thrive in a fast-paced, ever-evolving, and entrepreneurial environment
- Curious and resourceful with a natural ability to solve problems and seek new information
- Accessible to all team members and eager to solicit feedback
- Hard working with a "no task is too small" attitude
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment
- Passionate about travel. (But that’s a given!)
- Bachelors degree, similar field of study, or equivalent practical experience
You’ll love working at Away because:
- We travel. We encourage you to take time to recharge outside of the office. You’ll have four weeks of PTO to explore new places and access to Away products to ensure your travels are seamless. And once you’re here for three years, you’ll earn a sabbatical and a bonus to take a well-deserved trip.
- We’re not just employees. We’re people. We offer 401(k) match, insurance coverage (health, vision, and dental), tax savings plans for retirement, generous and inclusive parental leave, dependent care, commuter benefits, reimbursements to incentivize you to work out, and a kitchen stocked with snacks and coffee.
- We’ll invest in your career. Our company’s growing quickly, and we’ll give you the opportunity to do the same. You’ll have access to a number of professional development opportunities so that you can keep up with the company’s evolving needs.
- We’re creating an environment where everyone can thrive. Our customers are global and diverse, so we’re building a team that is too. Through initiatives like our employee resource groups and inclusion training, we’re building the cultural foundation that gives people the emotional and physical space to bring their best selves to work.
- We offer competitive compensation packages. We deeply value the talent our team brings to the table and believe that fair and equitable total compensation packages are part of our commitment to everyone who works here.
- And so much more…! You can bring your dog to work. We’ll give you money every month to grab coffee with coworkers. We have weekly team lunches and regular happy hours. We also organize monthly opportunities to give back to our local communities.
Launched in 2016 by co-founders Steph Korey and Jen Rubio, Away is a global lifestyle brand with a mission to transform travel. By selling directly to customers both online and through retail stores, Away is able to eliminate retailer mark up and offer high quality, thoughtfully designed luggage and travel essentials without driving up the price. In just under four years, Away has already been twice named one of Fast Company’s “World’s Most Innovative Companies,” and one of TIME’s “50 Most Genius Companies”. Away is headquartered in New York City, with offices in London and Sydney. To learn more, visit awaytravel.com.
Away is dedicated to hiring a diverse workplace that celebrates an inclusive culture and a sense of belonging. As an equal opportunity employer, we do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, gender expression, and sexual orientation), national origin, age, veteran status, genetic information or disability.
Away is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com.