Away is looking for a strategic and conceptual Associate Creative Director with an Art Direction focus to join the Creative team. In partnership with an ACD of Copywriting, you will be responsible for concepting and executing on big idea thinking that pushes the brand forward and positions Away as a leader in the travel and creative space. The ideal candidate will be highly conceptual with the ability to see the big picture, but also have a keen eye for execution and detail. You will be expected to partner closely with all areas of the business to ensure your creative ideas and insights are delivering on the brief and business expectations.
This role will work from our headquarters in SoHo, NYC, and report into our Creative Direction team. As a company that values inclusion, Away seeks individuals of all backgrounds and experiences to apply for this position.
What you’ll do:
- Bring big ideas to the table that shape the travel space, excite our community, and cement Away as a global brand leader.
- Collaborate with both strategy and channel leads to understand channel best practices in order to deliver creative that meets our business goals and satisfies our brand approach from top to bottom.
- Concept and execute any/all materials for a brand campaign or product launch, including TV, print, OOH, brand marketing, social media, retail, experiential, and more.
- Partner with CD and strategy leads to build out insightful creative platforms that successfully stretch across multiple channels.
- Collaborate with and guide art direction teams in maintaining and iterating on Away’s brand identity.
- Set an example of creative excellence that inspires and guides a team of Art Directors and creatives to always reach for the highest brand standards.
- Partner closely with other disciplines within the Creative team (including Brand Design, Copy, Production, and UX) as well as other key stakeholders throughout Away to ensure cross-functional integration and strategic implementation of the Away brand.
Who you are:
- 8–10 years experience at a creative agency or on a brand creative team.
- Strong sense of design aesthetic.
- Creator of a strong and dynamic portfolio that showcases a wide array of integrated experience with both above-the-line and below-the-line initiatives.
- Able to effectively partner with various key stakeholders and manage multiple projects at once.
- Excited by and thrive in a fast-paced, ever-evolving, and entrepreneurial environment.
- Curious and resourceful with a natural ability to solve problems and seek new information.
- Accessible to all team members and eager to solicit feedback.
- Hard working with a "no task is too small" attitude.with a "no task is too small" attitude.
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment.
- Passionate about travel. (But that’s a given!).
You’ll love working at Away because:
- We travel. We believe that getting away changes your understanding of the world around you. You’ll have generous PTO to explore new places and access to Away products to ensure your travels are seamless. And after three years with Away, you’ll earn a sabbatical and a bonus to take an additional well-deserved trip.
- We’re not just employees. We’re people. As a global company, our benefits and perks vary by region, but they align with our commitment to support our employees’ wellbeing both inside and outside of work. We offer insurance coverage, financial contributions for retirement, generous and inclusive parental leave, and a kitchen stocked with snacks and coffee to keep you fueled throughout the day.
- We’ll invest in your career. Our company’s growing quickly, and we’ll give you the opportunity to
- do the same. You’ll have access to a number of professional development opportunities so that you can keep up with the company’s evolving needs and grow your career along the way.
- We’re creating an environment where everyone can thrive. Our customers are global and diverse, so we’re building a team that is, too. Through initiatives like our employee resource groups, company-wide trainings, and events, we’re building an inclusive environment where people can bring their best selves to work.
- We offer competitive compensation packages. We deeply value the talent and impact our team brings to the table, and believe that fair and equitable total compensation packages are part of our commitment to everyone who works here.
- And so much more… Dogs in the office, complimentary coffee with coworkers, weekly team lunches, quarterly team outings, and organized volunteer opportunities to give back to our local communities!
Away (www.awaytravel.com) is a modern lifestyle brand creating thoughtful products designed to transform travel.
Since our launch in February 2016, we have become one of the fastest growing consumer brands in the world. We have sold millions of travel products, grown from a team of four to over 250, expanded shipping to nearly 40 countries, opened seven stores across two countries, and launched several new products and experiences that are inspiring more people to travel the world. And we know that’s just the beginning!
In just over three years, we have already been twice named one of Fast Company’s “World’s Most Innovative Companies,” one of TIME’s “50 Most Genius Companies,” and a Forbes “Next Billion Dollar Startup.” We have also raised more than $156M in total equity funding to fuel our next phase of growth.
Today, we’re expanding into new travel product categories including apparel, wellness and lifestyle accessories as well as investing in the growth of physical retail in the US and abroad--with the plan to open 50 new stores in the next three years. Sound like something you want to be part of? We’re hiring!