Away is seeking a Director, Information Security to join our team. We are a global lifestyle brand that is on a mission to create thoughtful products designed to make travel more seamless. In support of our mission, the ideal candidate will have experience establishing and managing a robust and compliant data security regime to protect both the company and our customers’ assets and privacy, while fostering a culture of security and compliance with the various department leaders and throughout the organization, closely collaborating with the Engineering, IT, Legal, Product, People and Finance teams. This position will be based in Soho, New York City.
As a company that values inclusion, Away seeks individuals of all backgrounds and experiences to apply for this position.
What You'll Do:
- Own the development and lead execution of information security risk management and compliance efforts across the company, setting procedures and guidelines to ensure that all information systems are functional, secure and safeguarded throughout the company and are in compliance with applicable data privacy and security and consumer laws and regulations in various countries in all regions.
- Drive execution of information security risk assessments and information security compliance initiatives and standards throughout the organization. Identify and execute resolution of information security gaps or control deficiencies, and help business owners prioritize remediation activities.
- Work closely with key individuals throughout the organization to develop business cases for new security projects and provide appropriate expertise to manage associated information security risks.
- Develop metrics to measure, report, and enable decision making regarding our controls, compliance and policy effectiveness.
- Provide leadership, technical expertise and administrative support for the development of Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity programs for the company.
- Execute information security risk assessments for third-party vendors and respond to information security diligence requests from external partners.
- Lead information security risk management and compliance efforts related to strategic relationships.
- Provide information security training and awareness to employees.
- Report on the state of information security control environment to Away leadership.
- Serve as subject matter expert to internal business and IT partners on a range of compliance standards as applicable to the business unit (e.g. SOX 404, PCI, privacy regulations, etc.) and industry best practices (e.g. ITIL, COBIT, ISO 27001)
Who You Are:
- You have 7+ years of experience in information security compliance or information security risk management, with significant experience supporting a consumer-facing business.
- You have designed and implemented an Information Security Risk Management and Compliance Program, including information security policies management, information security risk assessments, information security governance, information security training, at a global scale in an environment that includes consumer retail.
- You effectively communicate security-related concepts to a broad range of technical and non-technical staff, acting as a key point of contact for business process owners. You can demonstrate how you’ve built a culture where information security is a natural part of business process design and implementation.
- You have designed and implemented programs designed to comply with privacy laws such as GDPR and CCPA, relevant regulations and industry practice.
- You have relevant certifications such as CISA, CISM or CISSP.
- You have experience in the following information security areas:
- Information security assessment and auditing procedures, from both technical and business perspectives, and the use of formal methodologies
- Vulnerability scanning and auditing tools
- Network security
- E-commerce application security
- Computer investigation and forensics methods and technologies
- Secure messaging architectures
- Mac Endpoint tools such as JAMF and IAM tools such as Okta
- You have the desire and capacity to learn and teach.
- You have strong business acumen, excellent judgment, and strong problem-solving skills.
- You focus on results with a high sense of urgency and demonstrated time management skills.
- You are hard working with a "no task is too small" attitude.
- You enjoy working in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment.
- You’re passionate about travel (but that’s a given!)
You’ll love working at Away because:
- We travel. We believe that getting away changes your understanding of the world around you. You’ll have generous PTO to explore new places and access to Away products to ensure your travels are seamless. And after three years with Away, you’ll earn a sabbatical and a bonus to take an additional well-deserved trip.
- We’re not just employees. We’re people. As a global company, our benefits and perks vary by region, but they align with our commitment to support our employees’ wellbeing both inside and outside of work. We offer insurance coverage, financial contributions for retirement, generous and inclusive parental leave, and a kitchen stocked with snacks and coffee to keep you fueled throughout the day.
- We’ll invest in your career. Our company’s growing quickly, and we’ll give you the opportunity to do the same. You’ll have access to a number of professional development opportunities so that you can keep up with the company’s evolving needs and grow your career along the way.
- We’re creating an environment where everyone can thrive. Our customers are global and diverse, so we’re building a team that is, too. Through initiatives like our employee resource groups, company-wide trainings, and events, we’re building an inclusive environment where people can bring their best selves to work.
- We offer competitive compensation packages. We deeply value the talent and impact our team brings to the table, and believe that fair and equitable total compensation packages are part of our commitment to everyone who works here.
- And so much more… Dogs in the office, complimentary coffee with coworkers, weekly team lunches, quarterly team outings, and organized volunteer opportunities to give back to our local communities!
Away (www.awaytravel.com) is a modern lifestyle brand creating thoughtful products designed to transform travel.
Since our launch in February 2016, we have become one of the fastest growing consumer brands in the world. We have sold millions of travel products, grown from a team of four to over 250, expanded shipping to nearly 40 countries, opened seven stores across two countries, and launched several new products and experiences that are inspiring more people to travel the world. And we know that’s just the beginning!
In just over three years, we have already been twice named one of Fast Company’s “World’s Most Innovative Companies,” one of TIME’s “50 Most Genius Companies,” and a Forbes “Next Billion Dollar Startup.” We have also raised more than $156M in total equity funding to fuel our next phase of growth.
Today, we’re expanding into new travel product categories including apparel, wellness and lifestyle accessories as well as investing in the growth of physical retail in the US and abroad--with the plan to open 50 new stores in the next three years. Sound like something you want to be part of? We’re hiring!