Away is seeking a Global Head, Email Marketing to lead our Global Email Marketing team. We are a global lifestyle brand that is on a mission to create thoughtful products designed to make travel more seamless. In support of our mission, this team is building a deeper relationship with our customers through the email channel, developing strong engagement and program growth and driving customer loyalty and retention. This person will play an instrumental role in defining the long-term strategy to support this mission, including overseeing the execution, management and optimization of all of our email marketing campaigns and the sustained growth of an engaged audience and customer base. You will report into the VP, Growth Marketing and be based in our SoHo headquarters.
As a company that values inclusion, Away seeks individuals of all backgrounds and experiences to apply for this position.
What You'll Do:
- Lead the vision, strategy, and results for our global Email Marketing program, encompassing the marketing, transactional, and lifecycle email programs supporting growth and retention across our e-commerce and brick and mortar businesses
- Establish and deliver on KPIs and objectives for the global program’s growth across all regions on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis to meet revenue and performance targets
- Drive innovation across the team identifying new areas of opportunity for growth in our email marketing strategy and how we’re connecting our efforts to other teams
- Build, mentor, and manage your team of experienced email marketing managers who report directly to you, as well as all members of the email marketing team who roll up into you
- Develop a rigorous testing strategy alongside the team to continually optimize all areas of the program, including identifying opportunities to better understand our customer segments and their lifecycle and behaviors through the email channel, ultimately increasing efficiency and revenue and unlocking new insights for deeper segmentation
- Become an effective ambassador and partner to cross-functional partners in other departments, especially our Brand Marketing, Creative, International, and Digital teams. Lead the team in disseminating our latest learnings and help other functions understand how decision trade offs impact revenue and growing a loyal email subscriber base
- Partner with our Heads of Acquisition Marketing and Data & Analytics to ensure our customer cohorts are being nurtured and activated based on varying acquisition sources, supporting the long-term health of our customer base making our email marketing efforts more beneficial
- Partner with our Brand Marketing, Creative, and International teams on development of strategic campaign direction and creative assets to achieve our goals and drive ROI
- Regularly identify trends and email marketing strategies from other leading global brands to glean insights on best practices and new innovative ideas for email marketing tactics, including audits of how we can acquire, nurture and retain these customers
Who You Are:
- 8+ years of experience across all facets of email marketing, including campaign strategy/development, messaging, customer segmentation, deliverability and AB/multivariate testing ideally within e-commerce
- Critical thinker and are familiar with email optimization tactics to improve performance. You love testing and know how to quickly pivot based on results
- Demonstrated impact on the growth of an email program and its impact to the business due to a combination of your team building and mentorship ability, as well as the innovative ideas you have contributed or otherwise helped foster
- Deep experience building a program with various ESPs and tech stacks and other technology partners to support the needs of a global email marketing program, including deliverability and testing vendors
- Detailed knowledge of email regulations, best practices and compliance internationally in various regulatory regimes (e.g., GDPR or CASL)
- Resourceful and gritty, constantly questioning the current status quo and relentless solving problems in order to drive continuous improvement
- Hard working with a "no task is too small" attitude
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment
- Passionate about travel (but that’s a given!)
You’ll love working at Away because:
- We travel. We believe that getting away changes your understanding of the world around you. You’ll have generous PTO to explore new places and access to Away products to ensure your travels are seamless. And after three years with Away, you’ll earn a sabbatical and a bonus to take an additional well-deserved trip.
- We’re not just employees. We’re people. As a global company, our benefits and perks vary by region, but they align with our commitment to support our employees’ wellbeing both inside and outside of work. We offer insurance coverage, financial contributions for retirement, generous and inclusive parental leave, and a kitchen stocked with snacks and coffee to keep you fueled throughout the day.
- We’ll invest in your career. Our company’s growing quickly, and we’ll give you the opportunity to do the same. You’ll have access to a number of professional development opportunities so that you can keep up with the company’s evolving needs and grow your career along the way.
- We’re creating an environment where everyone can thrive. Our customers are global and diverse, so we’re building a team that is, too. Through initiatives like our employee resource groups, company-wide trainings, and events, we’re building an inclusive environment where people can bring their best selves to work.
- We offer competitive compensation packages. We deeply value the talent and impact our team brings to the table, and believe that fair and equitable total compensation packages are part of our commitment to everyone who works here.
- And so much more… Dogs in the office, complimentary coffee with coworkers, weekly team lunches, quarterly team outings, and organized volunteer opportunities to give back to our local communities!
Away (www.awaytravel.com) is a modern lifestyle brand creating thoughtful products designed to transform travel.
Since our launch in February 2016, we have become one of the fastest growing consumer brands in the world. We have sold millions of travel products, grown from a team of four to over 250, expanded shipping to nearly 40 countries, opened seven stores across two countries, and launched several new products and experiences that are inspiring more people to travel the world. And we know that’s just the beginning!
In just over three years, we have already been twice named one of Fast Company’s “World’s Most Innovative Companies,” one of TIME’s “50 Most Genius Companies,” one of LinkedIn's "Top Startups," and a Forbes “Next Billion Dollar Startup.” We have also raised more than $156M in total equity funding to fuel our next phase of growth.
Today, we’re expanding into new travel product categories including apparel, wellness and lifestyle accessories as well as investing in the growth of physical retail in the US and abroad--with the plan to open 50 new stores in the next three years. Sound like something you want to be part of? We’re hiring!