Away seeking a Visual Merchandising Associate at our NYC flagship store who’ll take ownership of all visual merchandising throughout the store to ensure we are both providing an exceptional shopping experience and maximizing sales. Through coordination with HQ’s Visual Merchandising Manager, the Visual Merchandising Associate will be responsible for making sure the store is meeting Away's brand standards to ensure we are providing a best-in-class retail experience from the moment a customer walks through the door.
What You'll Do:
- Be our Store Management’s point of contact for in-store visual needs
- Maintain VM standards on a daily basis (before, during, and after store closing)
- Use our Company Retail Calendar to prepare for upcoming campaigns / product launches
- Ensure execution of window displays
- Ensure execution of VM refreshed are to standard
- Help to train other team members on VM standards and guidelines
- Share VM based feedback with HQ Team
- Ensure store cleanliness standards are met
Who You Are:
- A Brand advocate who embodies Away’s core values
- Passionate about visual merchandising and design
- Empowered to take creative initiative
- Demonstrates strong communication skills
- Previous experience working at a start-up or a fast-growing retail company
- Previous visual merchandising experience a plus
- Full time role
Away (www.awaytravel.com) is a modern lifestyle brand creating thoughtful products designed to transform travel.
Since our launch in February 2016, we have become one of the fastest growing consumer brands in the world. We have sold millions of travel products, grown from a team of four to over 250, expanded shipping to nearly 40 countries, opened seven stores across two countries, and launched several new products and experiences that are inspiring more people to travel the world. And we know that’s just the beginning!
In just over three years, we have already been twice named one of Fast Company’s “World’s Most Innovative Companies,” one of TIME’s “50 Most Genius Companies,” and a Forbes “Next Billion Dollar Startup.” We have also raised more than $156M in total equity funding to fuel our next phase of growth.
Today, we’re expanding into new travel product categories including apparel, wellness and lifestyle accessories as well as investing in the growth of physical retail in the US and abroad--with the plan to open 50 new stores in the next three years. Sound like something you want to be part of? We’re hiring!