Away is seeking a senior level operations and supply chain analyst to join our Global Operations team. We are a global lifestyle brand that designs, manufactures, and sells directly to consumers thoughtful products that are designed to make travel more seamless. In this role, you will partner with the senior operations leaders to measure and analyze our end to end operations, providing thoughtful insights into the performance of our operations. The right candidate is steeped in operations and supply chain and is passionate about developing a date-driven approach to operational excellence. This position is based out of our office in New York City and reports to our Director of Global Logistics.
What you'll do:
- Partner with the Director of Global Logistics and senior team members to ensure that our data informs strategic decision making across the organization
- Create, implement, and continuously improve scorecards and dashboards that provide meaningful and actionable insights into each node of our supply chain, allowing Away operators and our supply chain partners to have real-time, fact-based conversations that lead to improved business health
- Proactively implement processes and tools to improve the operational effectiveness of the global supply chain operations organization
- Partner with our analytics & data engineering teams to ensure that our operations team members have the information needed to monitor, measure, and manage our global supply chain operations
- Quickly turn views and analytics in response to new business opportunities and developments
- Partner closely with finance and data teams to track and report on every dollar Away spends in operations, creating and sharing insights with operations and finance teams
- Translate complex math into easy-to-understand, visually-engaging, and actionable insights
Who you are:
- At least 4-6 years of professional experience in a highly analytical role
- Must have operations and global supply chain experience, preferably for a direct to consumer physical products brand
- Strong financial literacy, understanding every aspect of a P&L in the context of a direct to consumer products company
- You tell compelling stories with data that lead to actionable insights
- You are intellectually curious and identify areas of analysis that have potential to add business value
- You have strong Excel modeling skills
- Experience with SQL preferred, but not required
- Experience in Looker, Tableau, or other business intelligence tools preferred, but not required
- You enjoy working in a fast-paced environment
- Strong and easy to understand communicator: in person and in writing
You’ll love working at Away because:
- We travel. We believe that getting away changes your understanding of the world around you. You’ll have generous PTO to explore new places and access to Away products to ensure your travels are seamless. And after three years with Away, you’ll earn a sabbatical and a bonus to take an additional well-deserved trip.
- We’re not just employees. We’re people. As a global company, our benefits and perks vary by region, but they align with our commitment to support our employees’ wellbeing both inside and outside of work. We offer insurance coverage, financial contributions for retirement, generous and inclusive parental leave, and a kitchen stocked with snacks and coffee to keep you fueled throughout the day.
- We’ll invest in your career. Our company’s growing quickly, and we’ll give you the opportunity to do the same. You’ll have access to a number of professional development opportunities so that you can keep up with the company’s evolving needs and grow your career along the way.
- We’re creating an environment where everyone can thrive. Our customers are global and diverse, so we’re building a team that is, too. Through initiatives like our employee resource groups, company-wide trainings, and events, we’re building an inclusive environment where people can bring their best selves to work.
- We offer competitive compensation packages. We deeply value the talent and impact our team brings to the table, and believe that fair and equitable total compensation packages are part of our commitment to everyone who works here.
- And so much more… Dogs in the office, complimentary coffee with coworkers, weekly team lunches, quarterly team outings, and organized volunteer opportunities to give back to our local communities!
Away (www.awaytravel.com) is a modern lifestyle brand creating thoughtful products designed to transform travel.
Since our launch in February 2016, we have become one of the fastest growing consumer brands in the world. We have sold millions of travel products, grown from a team of four to over 250, expanded shipping to nearly 40 countries, opened seven stores across two countries, and launched several new products and experiences that are inspiring more people to travel the world. And we know that’s just the beginning!
In just over three years, we have already been twice named one of Fast Company’s “World’s Most Innovative Companies,” one of TIME’s “50 Most Genius Companies,” and a Forbes “Next Billion Dollar Startup.” We have also raised more than $156M in total equity funding to fuel our next phase of growth.
Today, we’re expanding into new travel product categories including apparel, wellness and lifestyle accessories as well as investing in the growth of physical retail in the US and abroad--with the plan to open 50 new stores in the next three years. Sound like something you want to be part of? We’re hiring!