Away is seeking an experienced International Brand Director to lead all 360 brand communications that will drive brand awareness, conversion and loyalty while creating a strong emotional connection with our customers in key expansion markets. This role will serve as a strategic leader in localizing our global brand campaigns and will be charged with the development of our international marketing calendars, in concert with our marketing teams abroad. This role requires communication skills in liaising with international teams, creative acumen in working with Creative and media fluency in collaborating with our Growth Marketing team. An ideal candidate has a passion for culture, creativity and is a big thinker - always considering more innovative approaches to amplify our brand message at scale. The role reports to the VP of Brand Marketing and is based in our Soho, New York Headquarters.
What You'll Do:
- Champion our brand positioning and act as our brand guardian across the entire company, both at HQ and abroad
- Responsible for brand localization strategy of global campaigns, in connection with our international marketing teams, Growth Marketing and Creative
- Develop and lead our international integrated marketing calendar—tapping into local insights and culture to build plans that reflect our brand purpose but feel deeply native to our newer markets
- Act as the key point of contact on Brand Marketing for all cross-functional (and inter-team) leads related to our international marketing strategy
- Build a strong, trustworthy and collaborative relationship with our Growth Marketing, Creative, PR and International teams
- Consistently evaluate and optimize our current strategies as we scale our business
- Are on top of marketing trends and news on culturally-relevant brands to help guide and shape future marketing innovation and strategies
- Develop and maintain key performance metric dashboards that track the efficacy of our marketing strategy against established benchmarks, summarize key insights, and recommend actions to improve for the next campaign
Who You Are:
- Have 8+ years of relevant working experience; brand management and/or creative agency experience preferred in international roles
- Customer-obsessed—you understand our customer and how to speak to them at every point of the marketing funnel
- A leader who has managed a team of 5+ people—someone who people want to learn from, work with, and are inspired by
- Deeply familiar with brand strategy, creative development, multi-channel execution (paid and owned), social platforms, influencer strategies, PR amplification—have executed these at scale, driving business results and brand equity along the way
- Are culturally-aware and naturally curious - you know what other brands are doing
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment - agile and nimble in both leadership and execution
- Hard-working with a "no task is too small" attitude
- Never satisfied with the status quo, always thinking "how can we do this better?"
- Love to travel (but that's a given)—willing to travel for work
You’ll love working at Away because:
- We travel. We encourage you to take time to recharge outside of the office. You’ll have generous PTO to explore new places and access to Away products to ensure your travels are seamless. And once you’re here for three years, you’ll earn a sabbatical and a bonus to take a well-deserved trip.
- We’re not just employees. We’re people. We offer insurance coverage (health, vision, and dental), tax savings plans for retirement, dependent care, commuter benefits, reimbursements to incentivize you to work out, generous and inclusive parental leave, and a kitchen stocked with organic snacks and coffee.
- We’ll invest in your career. Our company’s growing quickly, and we’ll give you the opportunity to do the same. You’ll have access to a number of professional development opportunities so that you can keep up with the company’s evolving needs.
- We’re creating an environment where everyone can thrive. Our customers are global and diverse, so we’re building a team that is, too. Through initiatives like our employee resource groups, our new office in downtown Manhattan, and more, we’re building the cultural foundation that gives people the emotional and physical space to bring their best selves to work.
- We offer competitive compensation packages. We deeply value the talent our team brings to the table, and believe that fair and equitable total compensation packages are part of our commitment to everyone who works here.
- And so much more…! You can bring your dog to work. We’ll give you money every month to grab coffee with coworkers. We have weekly team lunches and regular happy hours. We organize ways to give back to our local communities.
Away (www.awaytravel.com) is a modern lifestyle brand creating thoughtful products designed to transform travel.
Since our launch in February 2016, we have become one of the fastest growing consumer brands in the world. We have sold millions of travel products, grown from a team of four to over 250, expanded shipping to nearly 40 countries, opened seven stores across two countries, and launched several new products and experiences that are inspiring more people to travel the world. And we know that’s just the beginning!
In just over three years, we have already been twice named one of Fast Company’s “World’s Most Innovative Companies,” one of TIME’s “50 Most Genius Companies,” and a Forbes “Next Billion Dollar Startup.” We have also raised more than $156M in total equity funding to fuel our next phase of growth.
Today, we’re expanding into new travel product categories including apparel, wellness and lifestyle accessories as well as investing in the growth of physical retail in the US and abroad--with the plan to open 50 new stores in the next three years. Sound like something you want to be part of? We’re hiring!