Away is seeking a Manager, Retail Visual Merchandising. The position contributes to Away’s success by enhancing the store experience through creating outstanding visual merchandising displays. Our ideal candidate should have strong leadership skills, attention to detail and enjoy working in a dynamic, fast-paced environment. They will be a strong addition to our collaborative team and are passionate about bringing the travel experience to life.
What You'll Do:
- Create VM directives and design concepts that enhance the retail experience
- Develop VM directives for in-store communication and visual displays
- Concept dynamic window displays to highlight new product launches and campaigns
- Work cross-functionally with teams such as creative, brand and online teams to ensure Away’s campaigns are seamless across all customer touchpoints.
- Be able to clearly communicate design vision through visual presentations and written communication (creative decks, drawing/sketching moodboards, etc.)
- Participate in projects from initial concept to final execution and documentation
- Work with outside vendors to create mechanicals, prototypes and tests for new experiences
- Grow team knowledge towards best practices and standards in Away’s retail environments
Who You Are:
- Minimum 2 years of visual merchandising experience within retail environment
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field
- A portfolio demonstrating graphic design, visual merchandising or interior design
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop)
- The ability to think spatially and about how a brand is expressed through the retail experience
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong organizational skills and work ethic
- An ability to multitask projects simultaneously
- Retail design/in-store marketing background preferred
- Experience visualizing concepts with 3D modeling (Rhino, SketchUp) - not required
- A willingness to travel to stores to implement Away’s VM standards
You’ll love working at Away because:
- We travel. We believe that getting away changes your understanding of the world around you. You’ll have generous PTO to explore new places and access to Away products to ensure your travels are seamless. And after three years with Away, you’ll earn a sabbatical and a bonus to take an additional well-deserved trip.
- We’re not just employees. We’re people. As a global company, our benefits and perks vary by region, but they align with our commitment to support our employees’ wellbeing both inside and outside of work. We offer insurance coverage, financial contributions for retirement, generous and inclusive parental leave, and a kitchen stocked with snacks and coffee to keep you fueled throughout the day.
- We’ll invest in your career. Our company’s growing quickly, and we’ll give you the opportunity to
- do the same. You’ll have access to a number of professional development opportunities so that you can keep up with the company’s evolving needs and grow your career along the way.
- We’re creating an environment where everyone can thrive. Our customers are global and diverse, so we’re building a team that is, too. Through initiatives like our employee resource groups, company-wide trainings, and events, we’re building an inclusive environment where people can bring their best selves to work.
- We offer competitive compensation packages. We deeply value the talent and impact our team brings to the table, and believe that fair and equitable total compensation packages are part of our commitment to everyone who works here.
- And so much more… Dogs in the office, complimentary coffee with coworkers, weekly team lunches, quarterly team outings, and organized volunteer opportunities to give back to our local communities!
Away (www.awaytravel.com) is a modern lifestyle brand creating thoughtful products designed to transform travel.
Since our launch in February 2016, we have become one of the fastest growing consumer brands in the world. We have sold millions of travel products, grown from a team of four to over 250, expanded shipping to nearly 40 countries, opened seven stores across two countries, and launched several new products and experiences that are inspiring more people to travel the world. And we know that’s just the beginning!
In just over three years, we have already been twice named one of Fast Company’s “World’s Most Innovative Companies,” one of TIME’s “50 Most Genius Companies,” and a Forbes “Next Billion Dollar Startup.” We have also raised more than $156M in total equity funding to fuel our next phase of growth.
Today, we’re expanding into new travel product categories including apparel, wellness and lifestyle accessories as well as investing in the growth of physical retail in the US and abroad--with the plan to open 50 new stores in the next three years. Sound like something you want to be part of? We’re hiring!