Away is a global lifestyle brand with a mission to transform travel through products and content that inspire people to get away more. In support of our mission, we are seeking a Senior Site Reliability Engineer to join our Engineer team.
Want to help us transform the travel industry? The ideal candidate is interested in building scalable infrastructure, adding system resiliency, improving developer productivity, and automating everything that can (and should) be automated. They will be responsible for overall site health and reducing operational issues. You will report to our Engineering Manager and be based in our New York City office.
As a company that values diversity, equity, and inclusion, Away seeks individuals of all backgrounds and experiences to apply for this opportunity. We’re creating an environment where everyone can thrive. Our customers are global and diverse, so we’re building a team that is too. Through initiatives like our employee resource groups, Anti-racism training and bias prevention initiatives, we’re building the cultural foundation that gives people the emotional and physical space to bring their authentic selves to work.
What you'll do:
- Owning, scaling, and securing our cloud infrastructure, managed services, and PaaS platforms
- Working on projects to improve reliability and resiliency of our systems as we grow
- Be responsible for infrastructure uptime, monitoring/alerting, logging, and escalation process
- Working on improving developer tooling, including CI/CD, local dev environments, staging and one off environments, etc.
- Take ownership of planning, strategy, execution, testing, and overall success of complex technical projects
- Helping to define and implement team SLOs
- Being a technical leader and contributor to projects, including some coding, code reviews, and architectural discussions
Who you are:
- Minimum 6+ years of systems or backend software experience
- Experience with one or more general purpose programming languages
- Experience with AWS, Azure, Heroku, or similar IaaS or PaaS platforms
- Minimum 2+ years of retail and/or e-commerce experience
- Proficiency in Ruby on Rails and NodeJ
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, similar technical field of study, or equivalent practical experience
You’ll love working at Away because:
- We travel. We encourage you to take time to recharge outside of the office. You’ll have generous PTO to explore new places and access to Away products to ensure your travels are seamless. And once you’re here for three years, you’ll earn a sabbatical and a bonus to take a well-deserved trip.
- We’re not just employees. We’re people. We offer insurance coverage (health, vision, and dental), tax savings plans for retirement, dependent care, commuter benefits, generous and inclusive parental leave, and a kitchen stocked with organic snacks and coffee.
- We’ll invest in your career. Our company’s growing quickly, and we’ll give you the opportunity to do the same. You’ll have access to a number of professional development opportunities so that you can keep up with the company’s evolving needs.
- We’re creating an environment where everyone can thrive. Our customers are global and diverse, so we’re building a team that is, too. Through initiatives like our employee resource groups, our new office in downtown Manhattan, and more, we’re building the cultural foundation that gives people the emotional and physical space to bring their best selves to work.
- We offer competitive compensation packages. We deeply value the talent our team brings to the table, and believe that fair and equitable total compensation packages are part of our commitment to everyone who works here.
- And so much more…! You can bring your dog to work. We organize ways to give back to our local communities.
Away is a global lifestyle brand with a mission to transform travel through products and content that inspire people to get away more. The company launched in 2016 with one perfectly designed carry-on and has since expanded to offer an array of luggage and travel essentials built for the modern traveler. Headquartered in New York City, with teams in London and Toronto, Away currently ships products to over 35 countries around the world. Away has been named one of Fast Company’s “World’s Most Innovative Companies” and has been recognized on TIME’s list of “Best Inventions.” To learn more, visit awaytravel.com.
Away is dedicated to hiring a diverse workplace that celebrates an inclusive culture and a sense of belonging. As an equal opportunity employer, we do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, gender expression, and sexual orientation), national origin, age, veteran status, genetic information or disability.
Away is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com.