We are a global lifestyle brand built on transforming the travel experience. In support of our mission, we are seeking a Senior Site Reliability Engineer to join our Engineering team.
Our Engineering team develops digital experiences to transform ideas into products that form delightful human connections. We build and support the technologies that power the digital side of our business, from our customer facing website to order fulfillment.
Want to help us transform the travel industry? The ideal candidate is interested in building scalable infrastructure, adding system resiliency, improving developer productivity, and automating everything that can (and should) be automated. They will be responsible for overall site health and reducing operational issues. You will report to our Engineering Manager and be based in our SoHo headquarters.
As a company that values inclusion, Away seeks individuals of all backgrounds and experiences to apply for this position
What You'll Do:
- Working on projects to improve scalability of our systems as we support more countries, fulfillment centers, shipping carriers, etc.
- Working on site uptime, monitoring/alerting, development tools, and overall performance
- Take ownership of planning, strategy, execution, testing, and overall success of complex technical projects
- Being a technical leader and contributor to projects, including some coding, code reviews, and architectural discussions
Who You Are:
- 4+ years of systems or backend software experience
- BS degree in Computer Science, similar technical field of study, or equivalent practical experience
- Experience with one or more general purpose programming languages
- 2+ years of retail and/or e-commerce experience
- Proficiency in Ruby on Rails and NodeJS
- Experience with AWS, Heroku, or similar IaaS or PaaS platforms
- Hard working with a "no task is too small" attitude
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment
- Passionate about travel (but that’s a given!)
You’ll love working at Away because:
- We travel. We encourage you to take time to recharge outside of the office. You’ll have flexible PTO to explore new places and access to Away products to ensure your travels are seamless. And once you’re here for three years, you’ll earn a sabbatical and a bonus to take a well-deserved trip.
- We’re not just employees. We’re people. We offer insurance coverage (health, vision, and dental), tax savings plans for retirement, dependent care, commuter benefits, generous and inclusive parental leave, and a kitchen stocked with organic snacks and coffee.
- We’ll invest in your career. Our company’s growing quickly, and we’ll give you the opportunity to do the same. You’ll have access to a number of professional development opportunities so that you can keep up with the company’s evolving needs.
- We’re creating an environment where everyone can thrive. Our customers are global and diverse, so we’re building a team that is, too. Through initiatives like our employee resource groups, our new office in downtown Manhattan, and more, we’re building the cultural foundation that gives people the emotional and physical space to bring their best selves to work.
- We offer competitive compensation packages. We deeply value the talent our team brings to the table, and believe that fair and equitable total compensation packages are part of our commitment to everyone who works here.
- And so much more. You can bring your dog to work. We’ll give you money every month to grab coffee with coworkers. We have weekly team meals and regular happy hours. We organize ways to give back to our local communities.
Launched in 2016 by co-founders Steph Korey and Jen Rubio, Away is a global lifestyle brand with a mission to transform travel. By selling directly to customers both online and through retail stores, Away is able to eliminate retailer mark up and offer high quality, thoughtfully designed luggage and travel essentials without driving up the price. In just under four years, Away has already been twice named one of Fast Company’s “World’s Most Innovative Companies,” and one of TIME’s “50 Most Genius Companies”. Away is headquartered in New York City, with offices in London and Sydney. To learn more, visit awaytravel.com.
Away is dedicated to hiring a diverse workplace that celebrates an inclusive culture and a sense of belonging. As an equal opportunity employer, we do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, gender expression, and sexual orientation), national origin, age, veteran status, genetic information or disability.
Away is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com.