Away is looking for an experienced e-commerce product leader to join our team as our Director of Product Management, E-Commerce. In this role, you will define the e-commerce product strategy, as well as lead our e-commerce digital product team, with ownership of discovery, purchase, acquisition, retention, international, internal tools, and CRO. You’ll closely partner with UX and Engineering to ideate, build, and deliver best-in-class digital shopping experiences.
As we continue to expand our product offering, the countries where our products are offered, our personalization services, and our brick-and-mortar footprint, you will work with other department leaders to determine the strategic roadmap, testing calendar, and prioritization frameworks.
The role is based in our Soho, New York headquarters.
Some of what you’ll do:
- Create a bold vision for our e-commerce experience, identifying opportunities that will allow our customers' experiences with us to be delightful and frictionless
- Be responsible for delivering experiences that drive revenue, conversion, retention, and customer engagement for customer-facing products, while driving cost efficiencies for internal products
- Along with Engineering and UX leaders, you’ll partner cross-functionally with the leaders of our Brand Marketing, Growth Marketing, Creative Strategy, Legal, Operations, Product Development, Customer Experience, and International teams to create the product roadmap
- Partner with the Data team to define measurable metrics of success for the E-Commerce Product Management team, and drive accountability through OKRs
- Partner with Customer Insights and UX Research to understand our customers and their needs to create personas, prototype products, and test ideas with existing and new customers
- Establish a culture of testing and learning within your team in continuously developing hypotheses, never taking the status quo as the way things need to be done
- Work with our Engineering and UX to establish agile processes, frameworks, and tools to improve velocity, quality, and ensure transparency
- Clearly articulate and communicate the vision, roadmap, key decisions, and relevant learnings up and out to all levels and departments of the company, offering company-wide insight into what is being worked on
- Build and develop an innovative and customer-obsessed digital product team by recruiting top talent and designing the team’s organizational structure to foster a strong product culture
Who you are:
- 8+ years of progressive product management experience with 3+ years of experience as a people manager
- 5+ years of experience in consumer facing e-commerce products where you worked on a full spectrum of experiences including discovery, CRO, and fulfillment of physical products
- You think holistically about the customer journey, from our website, to our retail stores, and beyond
- You work closely with UX and Engineering because you believe we are three legs of the stool
- You naturally think of the big picture but you can also roll up your sleeves to solve what's right in front you
- Your communication skills are unrivaled, and you know how to make people listen and understand down, up, and laterally across the company
- You embody the Agile philosophy, always iterating and improving on the process and not just adhering to the ceremony
- You have experience mentoring, coaching, and developing people, and inspire your team
- You’re a collaborator at heart with a strong belief that it takes multiple points of feedback and perspective to develop the right strategy
- You’re a believer that nothing is impossible—there’s always a version or a way to build something to get to the end goal
- You are data-driven and goal-oriented—you measure success both quantitatively and qualitatively and understand the importance of both
- You love to travel (but that’s a given)
You’ll love working at Away because:
- We travel. We believe that getting away changes your understanding of the world around you. You’ll have generous PTO to explore new places and access to Away products to ensure your travels are seamless. And after three years with Away, you’ll earn a sabbatical and a bonus to take an additional well-deserved trip.
- We’re not just employees. We’re people. As a global company, our benefits and perks vary by region, but they align with our commitment to support our employees’ wellbeing both inside and outside of work. We offer insurance coverage, financial contributions for retirement, generous and inclusive parental leave, and a kitchen stocked with snacks and coffee to keep you fueled throughout the day.
- We’ll invest in your career. Our company’s growing quickly, and we’ll give you the opportunity to
- do the same. You’ll have access to a number of professional development opportunities so that you can keep up with the company’s evolving needs and grow your career along the way.
- We’re creating an environment where everyone can thrive. Our customers are global and diverse, so we’re building a team that is, too. Through initiatives like our employee resource groups, company-wide trainings, and events, we’re building an inclusive environment where people can bring their best selves to work.
- We offer competitive compensation packages. We deeply value the talent and impact our team brings to the table, and believe that fair and equitable total compensation packages are part of our commitment to everyone who works here.
- And so much more… Dogs in the office, complimentary coffee with coworkers, weekly team lunches, quarterly team outings, and organized volunteer opportunities to give back to our local communities!
Away (www.awaytravel.com) is a global lifestyle brand creating thoughtful products designed to enhance your travel experience. We’re building a company with a mission to make travel more seamless—starting with luggage. We started in 2016 with one foundational piece: The Carry-On. Today, we’re working to build the #1 travel brand in the world.
To date we’ve sold more than one million travel products, opened several retail locations, expanded internationally to meet our customers where they are, launched an in-house media division, and grown to a team of more than 200 people. We know that’s just the beginning.
Fast Company named us one of their “2018 Top 10 Most Innovative Companies,” we were selected as one of TIME's 50 Genius Companies of 2018, included on LinkedIn's "Top Startups of 2018" list, and called a “Breakthrough Brand with Ingenious Marketing” by Adweek.