Away is seeking a Senior Manager of Transportation to join our growing Logistics team. In this role, you will create and execute strategies that move all of Away’s products - inbound from suppliers, between Away’s warehouses and retail stores, and to our end customers. You will work closely with key partners to ensure we achieve the optimal balance of speed, cost, quality, service, and sustainability - all while ensuring an amazing experience for our customers. You will be accountable for driving several critical company KPIs, including optimizing freight costs and transit times in an increasingly complex supply chain. The ideal candidate for this role has 5-15 years of strategic experience in transportation and/or freight operations at companies with international supply chain models, and is comfortable iterating on and implementing new processes. This position will report to the Director of Logistics and is based out of our headquarters in Soho, NYC.
What You'll Do:
- Create and continuously iterate on strategies for inbound, inter-facility, and outbound transportation, delivering an amazing experience to our customers. On time. In full. On brand. Every time.
- Manage relationships with freight providers and brokers to maintain and grow a comprehensive and efficient transportation network, both domestically and internationally.
- Negotiate rates and evaluate providers to ensure the most cost-effective network possible while owning strategic decision-making to hit cross-functional timelines.
- Build and lead a team of transportation professionals who are both experts in the fields of transportation, and have a servant's heart where the customer experience comes first.
- Ensure data is always accurate and available, including accounting for inventory as it moves through Away’s supply chain from suppliers to warehouses to stores to customers.
- Work closely with Production, Planning, and Fulfillment teams to facilitate a seamless and efficient supply chain where Away is always getting the right inventory to the right place at the right time for our customers.
Who You Are:
- 5-15 years professional experience in transportation or freight operations roles that are both strategic and executional.
- At least 2 years experience managing high-performing operations teams working with a complex network of suppliers and distribution points.
- Metrics oriented and use a data-driven approach to strategy and execution.
- A strong written/oral communicator.
- You are a highly proactive identifier of improvement and optimization opportunities; every time you are introduced to an existing process, you immediately ask “is this the single best way to do this for our goals?”
- Thrives in a very fast paced environment that requires continual multi-tasking and prioritization.
- Experience with an ERP tool like Netsuite a plus, but not required.
- Excellent project management and organizational skills
- Proven leadership and people management skills and a passion for developing talent
- Love to travel (but that’s a given)
You’ll love working at Away because:
- We travel. We believe that getting away changes your understanding of the world around you. You’ll have generous PTO to explore new places and access to Away products to ensure your travels are seamless. And after three years with Away, you’ll earn a sabbatical and a bonus to take an additional well-deserved trip.
- We’re not just employees. We’re people. As a global company, our benefits and perks vary by region, but they align with our commitment to support our employees’ wellbeing both inside and outside of work. We offer insurance coverage, financial contributions for retirement, generous and inclusive parental leave, and a kitchen stocked with snacks and coffee to keep you fueled throughout the day.
- We’ll invest in your career. Our company’s growing quickly, and we’ll give you the opportunity to do the same. You’ll have access to a number of professional development opportunities so that you can keep up with the company’s evolving needs and grow your career along the way.
- We’re creating an environment where everyone can thrive. Our customers are global and diverse, so we’re building a team that is, too. Through initiatives like our employee resource groups, company-wide trainings, and events, we’re building an inclusive environment where people can bring their best selves to work.
- We offer competitive compensation packages. We deeply value the talent and impact our team brings to the table, and believe that fair and equitable total compensation packages are part of our commitment to everyone who works here.
- And so much more… Dogs in the office, complimentary coffee with coworkers, weekly team lunches, quarterly team outings, and organized volunteer opportunities to give back to our local communities!
Away (www.awaytravel.com) is a modern lifestyle brand creating thoughtful products designed to transform travel.
Since our launch in February 2016, we have become one of the fastest growing consumer brands in the world. We have sold millions of travel products, grown from a team of four to over 250, expanded shipping to nearly 40 countries, opened seven stores across two countries, and launched several new products and experiences that are inspiring more people to travel the world. And we know that’s just the beginning!
In just over three years, we have already been twice named one of Fast Company’s “World’s Most Innovative Companies,” one of TIME’s “50 Most Genius Companies,” and a Forbes “Next Billion Dollar Startup.” We have also raised more than $156M in total equity funding to fuel our next phase of growth.
Today, we’re expanding into new travel product categories including apparel, wellness and lifestyle accessories as well as investing in the growth of physical retail in the US and abroad--with the plan to open 50 new stores in the next three years. Sound like something you want to be part of? We’re hiring!