Away is seeking an Internal Communications Manager to join our People & Culture team. In this role, you will be responsible for designing, executing and scaling our employee-centric communications function across the organization. From company-wide meetings, to change communications, to building out our intranet, you’ll help define internal communications best practices that will inform, empower, and connect our growing team around the world.
The right candidate will have strong communication, project management and problem-solving skills, with the ability to work collaboratively across multiple departments and geographies. This position is based out of our headquarters in Soho, New York City and reports to our Director of Culture and Internal Communications.
Some of what you'll do:
- Support our Weekly All Hands meetings, including content development, speaker coaching, and presentation support.
- Craft communications that ensure Away’s mission, values, and business objectives are clearly communicated and instilled (e.g., key message frameworks, communication strategies, FAQs, talking points, employee branding, etc.).
- Improve upon existing communications channels and develop new, out of the box ways to engage and inform employees across the globe.
- Help anticipate and manage complex, unanticipated communication challenges as a thought partner and trusted internal consultant.
- Collaborate and partner with cross-functional teams to discover, curate and share compelling stories about our company, product, customers, and people.
Who you are:
- You have 4-6 years of directly relevant experience, in internal/employee communications in various disciplines, such as organizational and executive communications.
- You’re a strategic thinker as well as a doer. You can think big-picture and also roll up your sleeves to get the job done, focusing your and company resources on efforts that add significant strategic value and long-term advancement to our overarching communications goals.
- You’re a self-starter. You can work independently and recommend/initiate projects with minimal direction.
- You’re a relationship builder and trusted advisor. You have a proven ability to partner with internal partners on communications strategy.
- You care about results. You’re able to measure success and report on what’s working and what’s not so we can iterate and improve on a regular basis.
- You show strong attention to detail and have exceptional organizational skills.
- You maintain positivity and poise in even the most stressful situations.
- You’re hard working with a "no task is too small" attitude.
- You enjoy working in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment.
- Passionate about travel (but that’s a given!)
You’ll love working at Away because:
- We travel. We believe that getting away changes your understanding of the world around you. You’ll have generous PTO to explore new places and access to Away products to ensure your travels are seamless. And after three years with Away, you’ll earn a sabbatical and a bonus to take an additional well-deserved trip.
- We’re not just employees. We’re people. As a global company, our benefits and perks vary by region, but they align with our commitment to support our employees’ wellbeing both inside and outside of work. We offer insurance coverage, financial contributions for retirement, generous and inclusive parental leave, and a kitchen stocked with snacks and coffee to keep you fueled throughout the day.
- We’ll invest in your career. Our company’s growing quickly, and we’ll give you the opportunity to
- do the same. You’ll have access to a number of professional development opportunities so that you can keep up with the company’s evolving needs and grow your career along the way.
- We’re creating an environment where everyone can thrive. Our customers are global and diverse, so we’re building a team that is, too. Through initiatives like our employee resource groups, company-wide trainings, and events, we’re building an inclusive environment where people can bring their best selves to work.
- We offer competitive compensation packages. We deeply value the talent and impact our team brings to the table, and believe that fair and equitable total compensation packages are part of our commitment to everyone who works here.
- And so much more… Dogs in the office, complimentary coffee with coworkers, weekly team lunches, quarterly team outings, and organized volunteer opportunities to give back to our local communities!
Away (www.awaytravel.com) is a modern lifestyle brand creating thoughtful products designed to transform travel.
Since our launch in February 2016, we have become one of the fastest growing consumer brands in the world. We have sold millions of travel products, grown from a team of four to over 250, expanded shipping to nearly 40 countries, opened seven stores across two countries, and launched several new products and experiences that are inspiring more people to travel the world. And we know that’s just the beginning!
In just over three years, we have already been twice named one of Fast Company’s “World’s Most Innovative Companies,” one of TIME’s “50 Most Genius Companies,” and a Forbes “Next Billion Dollar Startup.” We have also raised more than $156M in total equity funding to fuel our next phase of growth.
Today, we’re expanding into new travel product categories including apparel, wellness and lifestyle accessories as well as investing in the growth of physical retail in the US and abroad--with the plan to open 50 new stores in the next three years. Sound like something you want to be part of? We’re hiring!