Away is seeking a Program Manager of Diversity & Inclusion to help further strengthen, define and scale our D&I approach across all facets of our workforce. D&I is built into our DNA and this role will be charged to develop the long-term strategy and scale the execution of programs and initiatives to attract, retain, and promote diverse talent. You’ll provide active and vocal thought leadership across the Company, while helping the entire company embrace diversity, encourage inclusion, and ensure equity.
The ideal candidate is someone who is passionate about D&I, has strong program management skills, and is able to collaborate with a wide variety of employees, departments, leadership teams, and third parties. This is an opportunity for the right candidate to take on an important initiative for the organization and make a lasting impact. This position is based out of our headquarters in Soho, New York City and reports to our Director of Culture and Internal Communications.
As a company that values inclusion, Away seeks individuals of all backgrounds and experiences to apply for this position.
Some of what you'll do:
- Serve as the internal & external community liaison to develop partnerships to promote diversity & inclusion
- Source, network with and enthusiastically work closely with underrepresented groups
- Partner closely with the L&D team to conduct training on strategies regarding D&I, including inclusion advocacy
- Establish metrics for measuring the effectiveness of diversity initiatives and report to Senior Leadership and broader Company
- Create and foster external partnerships, and attend public events, panels and conferences for both thought partnership and to represent Away
- Develop comprehensive recruitment strategies including advertising plans, outreach, trainings and tracking in collaboration with the Talent Acquisition team
- Research standard methodologies for full life cycle recruitment programs, with a focus on diversity and inclusion and mentors and trains recruitment team
- Collaborate with hiring managers to craft diversity and inclusion plans for recruitment, providing direction and subject matter expertise
- Create scalable programs to bring awareness to your work, enable others to become involved and improve the overall sense of diversity and inclusion in the workplace
- Support our existing and potential ERG groups to inspire curiosity and empower them to own the creation and execution of initiatives
Who you are:
- 12+ months in a formal D&I position
- You have 4-6 years of directly relevant experience, in Talent Management or People/Human Resources role
- You’re a strategic thinker as well as a doer. You can think big-picture and also roll up your sleeves to get the job done, focusing your and company resources on efforts that add significant strategic value.
- You’re a self-starter. You can work independently and recommend/initiate projects with minimal direction.
- You’re a relationship builder and trusted advisor. You have a proven ability to partner with internal and external partners.
- You care about results. You have experience translating data and analytics to develop insights, drive decisions, and measure impact.
- You show strong attention to detail and have exceptional organizational skills
- You maintain positivity and poise in even the most stressful situations
- You’re hard working with a "no task is too small" attitude
- You enjoy working in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment
- Passionate about travel (but that’s a given!)
You’ll love working at Away because:
- We travel. We believe that getting away changes your understanding of the world around you. You’ll have generous PTO to explore new places and access to Away products to ensure your travels are seamless. And after three years with Away, you’ll earn a sabbatical and a bonus to take an additional well-deserved trip.
- We’re not just employees. We’re people. As a global company, our benefits and perks vary by region, but they align with our commitment to support our employees’ wellbeing both inside and outside of work. We offer insurance coverage, financial contributions for retirement, generous and inclusive parental leave, and a kitchen stocked with snacks and coffee to keep you fueled throughout the day.
- We’ll invest in your career. Our company’s growing quickly, and we’ll give you the opportunity to
- do the same. You’ll have access to a number of professional development opportunities so that you can keep up with the company’s evolving needs and grow your career along the way.
- We’re creating an environment where everyone can thrive. Our customers are global and diverse, so we’re building a team that is, too. Through initiatives like our employee resource groups, company-wide trainings, and events, we’re building an inclusive environment where people can bring their best selves to work.
- We offer competitive compensation packages. We deeply value the talent and impact our team brings to the table, and believe that fair and equitable total compensation packages are part of our commitment to everyone who works here.
- And so much more… Dogs in the office, complimentary coffee with coworkers, weekly team lunches, quarterly team outings, and organized volunteer opportunities to give back to our local communities!
Away (www.awaytravel.com) is a modern lifestyle brand creating thoughtful products designed to transform travel.
Since our launch in February 2016, we have become one of the fastest growing consumer brands in the world. We have sold millions of travel products, grown from a team of four to over 250, expanded shipping to nearly 40 countries, opened seven stores across two countries, and launched several new products and experiences that are inspiring more people to travel the world. And we know that’s just the beginning!
In just over three years, we have already been twice named one of Fast Company’s “World’s Most Innovative Companies,” one of TIME’s “50 Most Genius Companies,” and a Forbes “Next Billion Dollar Startup.” We have also raised more than $156M in total equity funding to fuel our next phase of growth.
Today, we’re expanding into new travel product categories including apparel, wellness and lifestyle accessories as well as investing in the growth of physical retail in the US and abroad--with the plan to open 50 new stores in the next three years. Sound like something you want to be part of? We’re hiring!