Away is seeking a Senior Manager, Product Marketing & Merchandising to join our Product Marketing team. We are a global lifestyle brand that is on a mission to create thoughtful products designed to make travel more seamless. In support of our mission, the ideal candidate has experience developing and scaling physical product launches to deliver profitable growth, owning end-to-end new product launches, from concept to post-launch. This is a highly cross-functional role that will work closely with Design, Product Development, Packaging, Operations, Brand Marketing, Creative, Web, Retail, and International. You will report into the Director, Product Strategy & Marketing and be based in our SoHo headquarters.
As a company that values inclusion, Away seeks individuals of all backgrounds and experiences to apply for this position.
What You'll Do:
- Develop Away’s overall product strategy (including 3-year roadmap and seasonal strategies) for Bags & Accessories, aligning with overall brand strategy
- Own end-to-end new product launches from insight to launch, on time and in keeping with overall business objectives. Drive alignment across cross-functional partners. Identify and resolve roadblocks; pivot and drive mid-program shifts as needed
- Lead development of product concept and positioning for new product launches. Collaborate closely with cross-functional partners to ensure all elements of launch are in line with product launch strategy. Launch elements include but are not limited to: pricing, assortment, forecasts, naming, go-to-market strategy, and the unboxing experience
- Manage existing product portfolio, identifying and executing optimizations on existing products. Consistently monitor performance of new launches and provide actionable recommendations to improve current and future launches
- Drive competitive analysis to inform product launch strategy. Stay abreast of market, consumer, and cultural trends, competitive activity, and new technologies
- Work with Web and Retail teams to seek out new ways to enhance and evolve the online and in-store consumer experience
- Support business-wide special projects and perform ad-hoc business analyses as needed
Who You Are:
- 6-8 years of relevant experience in merchandising, buying, or product line management in a fast-paced environment; prior experience in bags/accessories strongly preferred
- Strong product acumen and a track record of taking products from insights to launch, embracing both big picture objectives and following through on details. You understand the role of different functions (e.g. product development, packaging design, creative) and their effect on product marketability
- Strategic thinker (i.e. able to take the 10,000 foot view) with strong attention to detail
- Strong relationship builder, with proven ability to work cross-functionally (as well as up, down and across the organization) to champion the product launch
- Communicate clearly and seamlessly with a broad array of internal stakeholders, with excellent written and presentation skills
- Customer obsessed—you understand our customers and how to connect with them through the lens of an external source
- Hard working with a "no task is too small" attitude
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment
- Passionate about travel (but that’s a given!)
You’ll love working at Away because:
- We travel. We believe that getting away changes your understanding of the world around you. You’ll have generous PTO to explore new places and access to Away products to ensure your travels are seamless. And after three years with Away, you’ll earn a sabbatical and a bonus to take an additional well-deserved trip.
- We’re not just employees. We’re people. As a global company, our benefits and perks vary by region, but they align with our commitment to support our employees’ wellbeing both inside and outside of work. We offer insurance coverage, financial contributions for retirement, generous and inclusive parental leave, and a kitchen stocked with snacks and coffee to keep you fueled throughout the day.
- We’ll invest in your career. Our company’s growing quickly, and we’ll give you the opportunity to do the same. You’ll have access to a number of professional development opportunities so that you can keep up with the company’s evolving needs and grow your career along the way.
- We’re creating an environment where everyone can thrive. Our customers are global and diverse, so we’re building a team that is, too. Through initiatives like our employee resource groups, company-wide trainings, and events, we’re building an inclusive environment where people can bring their best selves to work.
- We offer competitive compensation packages. We deeply value the talent and impact our team brings to the table, and believe that fair and equitable total compensation packages are part of our commitment to everyone who works here.
- And so much more… Dogs in the office, complimentary coffee with coworkers, weekly team lunches, quarterly team outings, and organized volunteer opportunities to give back to our local communities!
Away (www.awaytravel.com) is a modern lifestyle brand creating thoughtful products designed to transform travel.
Since our launch in February 2016, we have become one of the fastest growing consumer brands in the world. We have sold millions of travel products, grown from a team of four to over 250, expanded shipping to nearly 40 countries, opened seven stores across two countries, and launched several new products and experiences that are inspiring more people to travel the world. And we know that’s just the beginning!
In just over three years, we have already been twice named one of Fast Company’s “World’s Most Innovative Companies,” one of TIME’s “50 Most Genius Companies,” and a Forbes “Next Billion Dollar Startup.” We have also raised more than $156M in total equity funding to fuel our next phase of growth.
Today, we’re expanding into new travel product categories including apparel, wellness and lifestyle accessories as well as investing in the growth of physical retail in the US and abroad--with the plan to open 50 new stores in the next three years. Sound like something you want to be part of? We’re hiring!