We are a global lifestyle brand built on transforming the travel experience. In support of our mission, we are seeking a Senior Manager of Product Marketing & Merchandising (Bags and Accessories) to join our Product Marketing team.
Our Product Strategy & Marketing team brings products to life that deliver on our mission to transform travel, redefining every part of the travel experience. We lead the new product launch process, from ideation to commercialization to launch, working in tandem with our cross-functional partners and balancing consumer insights, business objectives, and technical feasibility.
Want to help us transform the travel industry? The ideal candidate has experience developing and scaling physical product launches to deliver profitable growth, owning end-to-end new product launches, from concept to post-launch. This is a highly cross-functional role that will work closely with Design, Product Development, Packaging, Operations, Brand Marketing, Creative, Web, Retail, and International. You will report into the Director, Product Strategy & Marketing and be based in our SoHo headquarters.
As a company that values inclusion, Away seeks individuals of all backgrounds and experiences to apply for this position.
What You'll Do:
- Develop Away’s overall product strategy (including 3-year roadmap and seasonal strategies) for Bags & Accessories, aligning with overall brand strategy
- Own end-to-end new product launches from insight to launch, on time and in keeping with overall business objectives. Drive alignment across cross-functional partners. Identify and resolve roadblocks; pivot and drive mid-program shifts as needed
- Lead development of product concept and positioning for new product launches. Collaborate closely with cross-functional partners to ensure all elements of launch are in line with product launch strategy. Launch elements include but are not limited to: pricing, assortment, forecasts, naming, go-to-market strategy, and the unboxing experience
- Manage existing product portfolio, identifying and executing optimizations on existing products. Consistently monitor performance of new launches and provide actionable recommendations to improve current and future launches
- Drive competitive analysis to inform product launch strategy. Stay abreast of market, consumer, and cultural trends, competitive activity, and new technologies
- Work with Web and Retail teams to seek out new ways to enhance and evolve the online and in-store consumer experience
- Support business-wide special projects and perform ad-hoc business analyses as needed
Who You Are:
- 6-8 years of relevant experience in merchandising, buying, or product line management in a fast-paced environment; prior experience in bags/accessories strongly preferred
- Strong product acumen and a track record of taking products from insights to launch, embracing both big picture objectives and following through on details. You understand the role of different functions (e.g. product development, packaging design, creative) and their effect on product marketability
- Strategic thinker (i.e. able to take the 10,000 foot view) with strong attention to detail
- Strong relationship builder, with proven ability to work cross-functionally (as well as up, down and across the organization) to champion the product launch
- Communicate clearly and seamlessly with a broad array of internal stakeholders, with excellent written and presentation skills
- Customer obsessed—you understand our customers and how to connect with them through the lens of an external source
- Hard working with a "no task is too small" attitude
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment
- Passionate about travel (but that’s a given!)
You’ll love working at Away because:
- We travel. We encourage you to take time to recharge outside of the office. You’ll have four weeks of PTO to explore new places and access to Away products to ensure your travels are seamless. And once you’re here for three years, you’ll earn a sabbatical and a bonus to take a well-deserved trip.
- We’re not just employees. We’re people. We offer 401(k) match, insurance coverage (health, vision, and dental), tax savings plans for retirement, generous and inclusive parental leave, dependent care, commuter benefits, reimbursements to incentivize you to work out, and a kitchen stocked with snacks and coffee.
- We’ll invest in your career. Our company’s growing quickly, and we’ll give you the opportunity to do the same. You’ll have access to a number of professional development opportunities so that you can keep up with the company’s evolving needs.
- We’re creating an environment where everyone can thrive. Our customers are global and diverse, so we’re building a team that is too. Through initiatives like our employee resource groups and inclusion training, we’re building the cultural foundation that gives people the emotional and physical space to bring their best selves to work.
- We offer competitive compensation packages. We deeply value the talent our team brings to the table and believe that fair and equitable total compensation packages are part of our commitment to everyone who works here.
- And so much more…! You can bring your dog to work. We’ll give you money every month to grab coffee with coworkers. We have weekly team lunches and regular happy hours. We also organize monthly opportunities to give back to our local communities.
Launched in 2016 by co-founders Steph Korey and Jen Rubio, Away is a global lifestyle brand with a mission to transform travel. By selling directly to customers both online and through retail stores, Away is able to eliminate retailer mark up and offer high quality, thoughtfully designed luggage and travel essentials without driving up the price. In just under four years, Away has already been twice named one of Fast Company’s “World’s Most Innovative Companies,” and one of TIME’s “50 Most Genius Companies”. Away is headquartered in New York City, with offices in London and Sydney. To learn more, visit awaytravel.com.
Away is dedicated to hiring a diverse workplace that celebrates an inclusive culture and a sense of belonging. As an equal opportunity employer, we do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, gender expression, and sexual orientation), national origin, age, veteran status, genetic information or disability.
Away is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com.