Away is seeking a Business Development Manager to join our Data & Strategy team. In this role, you will be responsible for identifying, evaluating and executing against opportunities for business expansion. The right candidate is excited to join a fast-paced, data-driven team and become a key contributor to decisions on business strategy. This position is based out of our headquarters in Soho, New York City and reports to our Director of Data & Strategy.
What you'll do:
- Execute market research to support a better understanding of the current competitive landscape and distinct markets within the travel ecosystem
- Identify opportunities for product, retail, international and audience expansion to help Away grow beyond its current offerings and markets
- Develop robust revenue and cost modeling approaches to size business opportunities and determine ROI on priority initiatives
- Work with cross-functional leaders within Away to understand business needs & priorities and support those leaders in resourcing & executing against initiatives
- Develop strategic perspective on expansion opportunities and present recommendations to senior leadership for consideration
- Work with our Analytics, FP&A and Comms teams on developing communication materials for investors and other external stakeholders
- Become a key source and promoter of idea generation and innovation within Away, encouraging stakeholders across the business to think about long-term business objectives
Who you are:
- You have 4-6 years professional experience in a highly analytical role within corporate strategy, business development, private equity or management consulting
- You have experience working with ambiguous information to synthesize findings and develop strategic recommendations
- You enjoy researching new industries and markets to understand the competitive landscape and identify potential business opportunities
- You are comfortable collaborating cross-functionally and have strong written and verbal communication skills
- You thrive in a fast-paced workplace and are comfortable acting quickly in a rapidly changing environment
- You have strong financial modeling skills and are experienced in modeling highly uncertain scenarios
- You are intellectually curious and seek to proactively identify areas of analysis that have potential to add meaningful business value
- Experience with both Excel and Powerpoint required
- Experience with SQL preferred, but not required
- Experience with Looker, Tableau or another BI tool a plus, but not required
- You love to travel (but that’s a given)
You’ll love working at Away because:
- We travel. We believe that getting away changes your understanding of the world around you. You’ll have generous PTO to explore new places and access to Away products to ensure your travels are seamless. And after three years with Away, you’ll earn a sabbatical and a bonus to take an additional well-deserved trip.
- We’re not just employees. We’re people. As a global company, our benefits and perks vary by region, but they align with our commitment to support our employees’ wellbeing both inside and outside of work. We offer insurance coverage, financial contributions for retirement, generous and inclusive parental leave, and a kitchen stocked with snacks and coffee to keep you fueled throughout the day.
- We’ll invest in your career. Our company’s growing quickly, and we’ll give you the opportunity to
- do the same. You’ll have access to a number of professional development opportunities so that you can keep up with the company’s evolving needs and grow your career along the way.
- We’re creating an environment where everyone can thrive. Our customers are global and diverse, so we’re building a team that is, too. Through initiatives like our employee resource groups, company-wide trainings, and events, we’re building an inclusive environment where people can bring their best selves to work.
- We offer competitive compensation packages. We deeply value the talent and impact our team brings to the table, and believe that fair and equitable total compensation packages are part of our commitment to everyone who works here.
- And so much more… Dogs in the office, complimentary coffee with coworkers, weekly team lunches, quarterly team outings, and organized volunteer opportunities to give back to our local communities!
Away (www.awaytravel.com) is a modern lifestyle brand creating thoughtful products designed to transform travel.
Since our launch in February 2016, we have become one of the fastest growing consumer brands in the world. We have sold millions of travel products, grown from a team of four to over 250, expanded shipping to nearly 40 countries, opened seven stores across two countries, and launched several new products and experiences that are inspiring more people to travel the world. And we know that’s just the beginning!
In just over three years, we have already been twice named one of Fast Company’s “World’s Most Innovative Companies,” one of TIME’s “50 Most Genius Companies,” and a Forbes “Next Billion Dollar Startup.” We have also raised more than $156M in total equity funding to fuel our next phase of growth.
Today, we’re expanding into new travel product categories including apparel, wellness and lifestyle accessories as well as investing in the growth of physical retail in the US and abroad--with the plan to open 50 new stores in the next three years. Sound like something you want to be part of? We’re hiring!