Away is seeking an Analyst to join our Customer Experience team. In this role you will drive our efforts to create a best-in-class customer experience by ensuring the right systems, tracking and processes are in place to set up our growing Customer Experience team for success. The right candidate is passionate about developing a data-driven approach to customer centricity and can work seamlessly across multiple cross-functional teams. This position is based out of our office in New York City and reports to the Director of Customer Experience.
What you'll do:
- Own and implement our Customer Experience infrastructure and systems to ensure we’re optimizing our ability to serve customers compassionately, comprehensively and efficiently
- Work with our Analytics & Data Engineering teams to ensure that our Customer Experience systems have the information our Customer Experience agents need
- Collaborate with our Analytics, Marketing, Product Development/Design & Creative teams to ensure that our wealth of customer interaction data informs strategic decision making across the organization
- Work jointly with our Analytics, Planning, and Fulfillment teams to optimize processes regarding supply chain, shipments, deliveries and customizations
- Analyze contact volumes and trends to forecast Customer Experience staffing needs, ensuring that we are always prepared to meet customer demands
- Proactively implement processes to improve the workflows of our Customer Experience team with the other public-facing communications teams including Community Management and Social Media
Who you are:
- You have 1-3 years professional experience in a highly analytical role such as business intelligence/analytics
- You have an understanding and strong interest in all aspects of customer experience in the context of a direct-to-consumer business
- You have experience turning abstract problems into actionable solutions and enjoy implementing new data-driven processes
- You are intellectually curious and identify areas of analysis that have potential to add business value
- You have strong Excel modeling skills
- Experience with SQL preferred, but not required
- Experience in Looker, Tableau, or other business intelligence tools preferred, but not required
- Experience with Kustomer, Zendesk or other customer experience tools preferred, but not required
- You enjoy working in a fast-paced environment
- You love to travel (but that’s a given)
You’ll love working at Away because:
- We travel. We believe that getting away changes your understanding of the world around you. You’ll have generous PTO to explore new places and access to Away products to ensure your travels are seamless. And after three years with Away, you’ll earn a sabbatical and a bonus to take an additional well-deserved trip.
- We’re not just employees. We’re people. As a global company, our benefits and perks vary by region, but they align with our commitment to support our employees’ wellbeing both inside and outside of work. We offer insurance coverage, financial contributions for retirement, generous and inclusive parental leave, and a kitchen stocked with snacks and coffee to keep you fueled throughout the day.
- We’ll invest in your career. Our company’s growing quickly, and we’ll give you the opportunity to do the same. You’ll have access to a number of professional development opportunities so that you can keep up with the company’s evolving needs and grow your career along the way.
- We’re creating an environment where everyone can thrive. Our customers are global and diverse, so we’re building a team that is, too. Through initiatives like our employee resource groups, company-wide trainings, and events, we’re building an inclusive environment where people can bring their best selves to work.
- We offer competitive compensation packages. We deeply value the talent and impact our team brings to the table, and believe that fair and equitable total compensation packages are part of our commitment to everyone who works here.
- And so much more… Dogs in the office, complimentary coffee with coworkers, weekly team lunches, quarterly team outings, and organized volunteer opportunities to give back to our local communities!
Away (www.awaytravel.com) is a modern lifestyle brand creating thoughtful products designed to transform travel.
Since our launch in February 2016, we have become one of the fastest growing consumer brands in the world. We have sold millions of travel products, grown from a team of four to over 250, expanded shipping to nearly 40 countries, opened seven stores across two countries, and launched several new products and experiences that are inspiring more people to travel the world. And we know that’s just the beginning!
In just over three years, we have already been twice named one of Fast Company’s “World’s Most Innovative Companies,” one of TIME’s “50 Most Genius Companies,” and a Forbes “Next Billion Dollar Startup.” We have also raised more than $156M in total equity funding to fuel our next phase of growth.
Today, we’re expanding into new travel product categories including apparel, wellness and lifestyle accessories as well as investing in the growth of physical retail in the US and abroad--with the plan to open 50 new stores in the next three years. Sound like something you want to be part of? We’re hiring!