Away is seeking a Technical Recruiter to join our growing Talent Acquisition team. We are a global lifestyle brand that is on a mission to create thoughtful products designed to make travel more seamless. In support of our mission, we are looking for a recruiting professional to support our growth. The ideal candidate will have had experience sourcing technical talent and managing full cycle recruiting for engineering, product and UX roles across all levels. As a member of the People & Culture team, you will report into the Global Director of Talent Acquisition and work closely with our VPs of Engineering, Product and UX. This position will be based in our headquarters in SoHo, New York City.
As a company that values inclusion, Away seeks individuals of all backgrounds and experiences to apply for this position.
What You'll Do:
- Support recruitment for Digital team roles—including engineers, product managers, UX, web production, infrastructure
- Develop a diverse pipeline of high-quality talent and manage full-cycle recruiting for roles at all levels across the company
- Develop a deep understanding of the Digital team’s business goals to inform staffing strategy
- Create and ensure a best-in-class candidate experience as candidates move through the hiring process
- Serve as a strategic thought partner to hiring managers, helping to craft roles, write job descriptions, design hiring plans & create proof of skills tests
- Attract, source, & screen applicants using a variety of techniques, including networking, social outreach, & direct sourcing
- Track metrics throughout each search, providing hiring managers and senior leadership with weekly updates
- Partner with the People and Legal teams to secure visas, as required
- Partner with the broader People team to ensure that recruitment processes positively impact employee engagement and promote a diverse and inclusive workplace
Who You Are:
- You have at least 5 years of experience working as a recruiter, at least 2 as a technical recruiter
- You have a track record of identifying, qualifying and closing top-tier technical candidates
- You have a basic understanding of technologies and platforms
- You have experience and passion for sourcing technical candidates through multiple channels
- You are highly personable & professional with the discretion to handle confidential information
- You maintain composure in fast paced, high-pressure environments
- You have strong organizational skills, demonstrate a high level of efficiency and ability to manage operations with precision & consistent follow through
- You have a strong client-service orientation and relationship-building skills
- You have a passion for creating an amazing candidate experience
- You have proficiency in Google platforms, Slack, Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Greenhouse.
- You love to travel (but that’s a given!)
You’ll love working at Away because:
- We travel. We believe that getting away changes your understanding of the world around you. You’ll have generous PTO to explore new places and access to Away products to ensure your travels are seamless. And after three years with Away, you’ll earn a sabbatical and a bonus to take an additional well-deserved trip.
- We’re not just employees. We’re people. As a global company, our benefits and perks vary by region, but they align with our commitment to support our employees’ wellbeing both inside and outside of work. We offer insurance coverage, financial contributions for retirement, generous and inclusive parental leave, and a kitchen stocked with snacks and coffee to keep you fueled throughout the day.
- We’ll invest in your career. Our company’s growing quickly, and we’ll give you the opportunity to
- do the same. You’ll have access to a number of professional development opportunities so that you can keep up with the company’s evolving needs and grow your career along the way.
- We’re creating an environment where everyone can thrive. Our customers are global and diverse, so we’re building a team that is, too. Through initiatives like our employee resource groups, company-wide trainings, and events, we’re building an inclusive environment where people can bring their best selves to work.
- We offer competitive compensation packages. We deeply value the talent and impact our team brings to the table, and believe that fair and equitable total compensation packages are part of our commitment to everyone who works here.
- And so much more… Dogs in the office, complimentary coffee with coworkers, weekly team lunches, quarterly team outings, and organized volunteer opportunities to give back to our local communities!
Away (www.awaytravel.com) is a modern lifestyle brand creating thoughtful products designed to transform travel.
Since our launch in February 2016, we have become one of the fastest growing consumer brands in the world. We have sold millions of travel products, grown from a team of four to over 250, expanded shipping to nearly 40 countries, opened seven stores across two countries, and launched several new products and experiences that are inspiring more people to travel the world. And we know that’s just the beginning!
In just over three years, we have already been twice named one of Fast Company’s “World’s Most Innovative Companies,” one of TIME’s “50 Most Genius Companies,” and a Forbes “Next Billion Dollar Startup.” We have also raised more than $156M in total equity funding to fuel our next phase of growth.
Today, we’re expanding into new travel product categories including apparel, wellness and lifestyle accessories as well as investing in the growth of physical retail in the US and abroad--with the plan to open 50 new stores in the next three years. Sound like something you want to be part of? We’re hiring!