Away is seeking a highly organized Product Coordinator. This role supports the entire Product Development and Sourcing team, including supporting management of product development milestone checklists, databases, sample rooms & test product, plan and facilitate meetings, and liaise between the Product Development team and cross-functional leaders.
More importantly, you will build relationships throughout the organization and represent the company and brand in line with our culture. You will act as an extension of the wider Product Development team. You maximize productivity for the team, enabling them to do their best work.
This role will report to the Director of Product Development and Sourcing and is based at our HQ in SoHo, NYC.
What you’ll do:
- Maintain product development trackers for new products, product changes, supplier sourcing, legal agreements and other databases
- Track packages and samples (incoming and outgoing) for the various projects the team is working on. Coordinate daily daily inflow & outflow of product shipments and unboxing of packages.
- Manage storage & sample areas shared between product development and product design
- Manage quarterly team events
- Scheduling, monitoring, and prioritizing of the day-to-day incoming communication and requests for time
- Manage confidential records and notes for the Product Development team
- Facilitate meetings and circulate notes to team members
- Manage the document flow between prod development / legal and our suppliers for intellectual property protection
- Interact with employees, suppliers, partners, and executives in the industry of all levels
Who you are:
- Have 0-2 years of full-time experience as a product coordinator, or in a similar role providing administrative support to a product team
- Demonstrates ability to juggle and prioritize multiple tasks and projects simultaneously and successfully
- Possesses strong project management skills: one who thinks ahead and anticipates needs—you’re never satisfied with the status quo, always thinking “how can we do this better?”
- Hard working with a "no task is too small" attitude
- Adhere to confidentiality and sensitive information protocols
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced and energetic environment
- A passionate ambassador of the brand
- You love to travel (but that’s a given)
You’ll love working at Away because:
- We travel. We believe that getting away changes your understanding of the world around you. You’ll have generous PTO to explore new places and access to Away products to ensure your travels are seamless. And after three years with Away, you’ll earn a sabbatical and a bonus to take an additional well-deserved trip.
- We’re not just employees. We’re people. As a global company, our benefits and perks vary by region, but they align with our commitment to support our employees’ wellbeing both inside and outside of work. We offer insurance coverage, financial contributions for retirement, generous and inclusive parental leave, and a kitchen stocked with snacks and coffee to keep you fueled throughout the day.
- We’ll invest in your career. Our company’s growing quickly, and we’ll give you the opportunity to do the same. You’ll have access to a number of professional development opportunities so that you can keep up with the company’s evolving needs and grow your career along the way.
- We’re creating an environment where everyone can thrive. Our customers are global and diverse, so we’re building a team that is, too. Through initiatives like our employee resource groups, company-wide trainings, and events, we’re building an inclusive environment where people can bring their best selves to work.
- We offer competitive compensation packages. We deeply value the talent and impact our team brings to the table, and believe that fair and equitable total compensation packages are part of our commitment to everyone who works here.
- And so much more… Dogs in the office, complimentary coffee with coworkers, weekly team lunches, quarterly team outings, and organized volunteer opportunities to give back to our local communities!
Away (www.awaytravel.com) is a modern lifestyle brand creating thoughtful products designed to transform travel.
Since our launch in February 2016, we have become one of the fastest growing consumer brands in the world. We have sold millions of travel products, grown from a team of four to over 250, expanded shipping to nearly 40 countries, opened seven stores across two countries, and launched several new products and experiences that are inspiring more people to travel the world. And we know that’s just the beginning!
In just over three years, we have already been twice named one of Fast Company’s “World’s Most Innovative Companies,” one of TIME’s “50 Most Genius Companies,” and a Forbes “Next Billion Dollar Startup.” We have also raised more than $156M in total equity funding to fuel our next phase of growth.
Today, we’re expanding into new travel product categories including apparel, wellness and lifestyle accessories as well as investing in the growth of physical retail in the US and abroad--with the plan to open 50 new stores in the next three years. Sound like something you want to be part of? We’re hiring!