Away is seeking a Manager of Email Marketing to oversee and develop our program for our European and Australian markets. The ideal candidate is a self-starter with experience with all aspects of an email program, from segmentation strategies to HTML and is eager to grow our program in these markets. You will be working closely with our entire Email Marketing team, and European and Australian marketing leads to support the needs of these markets. This position is based out of our headquarters in New York City and reports to the Director of Retention Marketing.
What you'll do:
- You’ll oversee the development and execution of email marketing campaigns that support our European and Australian markets
- You’ll partner with regional marketing leads in Europe and Australia to develop and execute local marketing strategies that build these audiences and continue to engage them over time
- You’ll drive performance of the program meeting KPIs for individual email marketing campaigns, regional list growth and deliverability
- You’ll create a robust segmentation and testing strategy aimed at personalizing the customer experience and these touchpoints in their journey
- You’ll regularly generate new ideas for engaging email content to retain customers and attract prospects
- You’ll partner with cross-functional teams across the organization to understand key initiatives and email needs for local markets in Europe and Australia and maximize the use of the email channel to drive awareness & engagement
- You’ll share insights and performance with the broader email marketing team and key stakeholders to continue to iterate on our email marketing tactics in these markets
- You’ll work with the creative team to manage and oversee all aspects of the email development process (e.g., briefing design and copy teams, creative review, routing, and deployment)
You should have:
- 4-5 years of experience across all facets of email marketing, including campaign strategy/development, customer segmentation, lifecycle optimization, and deliverability at a B2C company
- An understanding of the requirements for email compliance including the nuances of email compliance internationally in various regulatory regimes (e.g., GDPR)
- Familiarity with the European and Australian markets and marketing strategy
- Strong HTML / CSS knowledge
- Experience working with ESP’s and deliverability solutions
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment.
Who you are:
- You are a critical thinker and are familiar with email optimization tactics to improve performance. You love testing and know how to quickly pivot based on results.
- You have a clear understanding of overall email processes
- You are a strong and effective communicator with the ability to connect teams’ work to the greater vision of the email program and the impact of its performance
- You are detail-oriented and have strong project management and organizational skills; you can manage multiple projects and prioritize effectively
- You are creative and analytical. You understand the importance of effectively balancing both in order to achieve results.
- You are a self starter who’s comfortable with problem solving on the fly and are eager to grow.
- You love email. Whether it's conferences, podcasts, white papers, or industry news, you're excited for the latest and greatest happening in the email world.
- You love to travel (but that's a given)
You’ll love working at Away because:
- We travel. We believe that getting away changes your understanding of the world around you. You’ll have generous PTO to explore new places and access to Away products to ensure your travels are seamless. And after three years with Away, you’ll earn a sabbatical and a bonus to take an additional well-deserved trip.
- We’re not just employees. We’re people. As a global company, our benefits and perks vary by region, but they align with our commitment to support our employees’ wellbeing both inside and outside of work. We offer insurance coverage, financial contributions for retirement, generous and inclusive parental leave, and a kitchen stocked with snacks and coffee to keep you fueled throughout the day.
- We’ll invest in your career. Our company’s growing quickly, and we’ll give you the opportunity to
- do the same. You’ll have access to a number of professional development opportunities so that you can keep up with the company’s evolving needs and grow your career along the way.
- We’re creating an environment where everyone can thrive. Our customers are global and diverse, so we’re building a team that is, too. Through initiatives like our employee resource groups, company-wide trainings, and events, we’re building an inclusive environment where people can bring their best selves to work.
- We offer competitive compensation packages. We deeply value the talent and impact our team brings to the table, and believe that fair and equitable total compensation packages are part of our commitment to everyone who works here.
- And so much more… Dogs in the office, complimentary coffee with coworkers, weekly team lunches, quarterly team outings, and organized volunteer opportunities to give back to our local communities!
Away (www.awaytravel.com) is a modern lifestyle brand creating thoughtful products designed to transform travel.
Since our launch in February 2016, we have become one of the fastest growing consumer brands in the world. We have sold millions of travel products, grown from a team of four to over 250, expanded shipping to nearly 40 countries, opened seven stores across two countries, and launched several new products and experiences that are inspiring more people to travel the world. And we know that’s just the beginning!
In just over three years, we have already been twice named one of Fast Company’s “World’s Most Innovative Companies,” one of TIME’s “50 Most Genius Companies,” and a Forbes “Next Billion Dollar Startup.” We have also raised more than $156M in total equity funding to fuel our next phase of growth.
Today, we’re expanding into new travel product categories including apparel, wellness and lifestyle accessories as well as investing in the growth of physical retail in the US and abroad--with the plan to open 50 new stores in the next three years. Sound like something you want to be part of? We’re hiring!