We’re looking for a passionate, detail oriented, and collaborative Production Designer to join our growing Creative Studio team. The ideal candidate is experienced in both print and digital production design, and is a power-house executor—going above and beyond to ensure all work is delivered with an eye for detail and perfection. You will work alongside our Graphic Design, Art Direction and Copy teams teams to produce creative assets that support campaigns and other marketing initiatives—such as experiential collateral, paid social assets, product education materials and more. This role will sit within the Creative team and will be based in our Soho NY, headquarters.
As a company that values inclusion, Away seeks individuals of all backgrounds and experiences to apply for this position.
What You'll Do:
- Design, package, and proof high quality assets that adhere to our brand guidelines and maintain Away’s high level of creative standards.
- Collaborate with the Graphic Design team to develop, maintain, and iterate on templates that optimize for efficiency while also still allowing for thoughtful, innovate creative.
- Update assets when new copy and/or imagery are needed for online and offline materials.
- Prepare and quality check production files for release to vendors and/or internal teams.
- Assist in production guidelines for assets that have bespoke design systems.
- Identify opportunities for increased efficiency and drive these initiatives forward—always advocating for new ways of doing things if they will produce a better result.
Who You Are:
- 3-5 years experience working at an in-house creative studio or advertising agency studio.
- A detail oriented, systems thinker who strives for perfection—is not satisfied with the status quo and consistently recommends innovative ideas to create thoughtful work.
- Excited by a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment—able to tackle competing priorities under tight timelines with the flexibility to pivot when necessary.
- Passionate and curious with a keen awareness of the evolving landscape of technologies, tools, and trends in design.
- Strong project management skills, with excellent attention to detail.
- Exceptional visual and typographic sensibility.
- A team player with a small ego who is eager to learn and collaborate.
- Passionate about travel (but that’s a given!).
You’ll love working at Away because:
- We travel. We believe that getting away changes your understanding of the world around you. You’ll have generous PTO to explore new places and access to Away products to ensure your travels are seamless. And after three years with Away, you’ll earn a sabbatical and a bonus to take an additional well-deserved trip.
- We’re not just employees. We’re people. As a global company, our benefits and perks vary by region, but they align with our commitment to support our employees’ wellbeing both inside and outside of work. We offer insurance coverage, financial contributions for retirement, generous and inclusive parental leave, and a kitchen stocked with snacks and coffee to keep you fueled throughout the day.
- We’ll invest in your career. Our company’s growing quickly, and we’ll give you the opportunity to
- do the same. You’ll have access to a number of professional development opportunities so that you can keep up with the company’s evolving needs and grow your career along the way.
- We’re creating an environment where everyone can thrive. Our customers are global and diverse, so we’re building a team that is, too. Through initiatives like our employee resource groups, company-wide trainings, and events, we’re building an inclusive environment where people can bring their best selves to work.
- We offer competitive compensation packages. We deeply value the talent and impact our team brings to the table, and believe that fair and equitable total compensation packages are part of our commitment to everyone who works here.
- And so much more… Dogs in the office, complimentary coffee with coworkers, weekly team lunches, quarterly team outings, and organized volunteer opportunities to give back to our local communities!
Away (www.awaytravel.com) is a modern lifestyle brand creating thoughtful products designed to transform travel.
Since our launch in February 2016, we have become one of the fastest growing consumer brands in the world. We have sold millions of travel products, grown from a team of four to over 250, expanded shipping to nearly 40 countries, opened seven stores across two countries, and launched several new products and experiences that are inspiring more people to travel the world. And we know that’s just the beginning!
In just over three years, we have already been twice named one of Fast Company’s “World’s Most Innovative Companies,” one of TIME’s “50 Most Genius Companies,” and a Forbes “Next Billion Dollar Startup.” We have also raised more than $156M in total equity funding to fuel our next phase of growth.
Today, we’re expanding into new travel product categories including apparel, wellness and lifestyle accessories as well as investing in the growth of physical retail in the US and abroad--with the plan to open 50 new stores in the next three years. Sound like something you want to be part of? We’re hiring!