Away is seeking a Senior Manager, Strategic Initiatives to join our Strategic Operations team. We are a global lifestyle brand that is on a mission to create thoughtful products designed to make travel more seamless. In support of our mission, the ideal candidate will have had experience in strategic planning and is someone who is process oriented and can bring clarity and focus when addressing prioritization issues. You will work closely with cross-functional team leads to make sure we are working on the best, most impactful work that ties back to our company goals and objectives. You will be tasked with designing, iterating on, and owning the process for how new ideas are evaluated against our goals and how we slot them into our quarterly roadmaps. You will report to the Director, Strategic Operations and this position will be based in our SoHo office.
As a company that values inclusion, Away seeks individuals of all backgrounds and experiences to apply for the position.
What you’ll do:
- Design, iterate, and own the process for how new ideas throughout the organization are evaluated against our company goals, prioritized against other initiatives, and slotted into our quarterly planning roadmaps
- Work cross-functionally with key stakeholders across each department in order to provide strategic solutions to prioritization issues that arise
- Track, report, and measure progress against initiatives with the goal of showing how we’re tracking against company objectives
- Establish metrics that demonstrate the value of the work we do and how they line up to our goals
- Support the Director, Strategic Operations in quarterly and annual business planning cycles, gathering information about company vision and goals and cascading that down to functional teams and individuals
- Partner with Senior Manager, Process Innovation to take learnings and develop action plans for how to solve via process improvement
Who you are:
- 5-7 years of experience building and executing systems, frameworks, and processes in a fast-paced environment, ideally in a product-focused organization
- Consumer product goods, retail, or ecommerce experience is preferred
- Highly detail-oriented and takes pride in producing exceptional deliverables
- Demonstrates successful decision-making through cross-functional collaboration and influence-building under pressure
- Previous experience using project management tools
- Hard-working attitude with a “no task is too small” approach to working
- Ability to operate well in ambiguous situations with sometimes limited resources and be able to successfully execute plans despite roadblocks
- Passionate about travel (but that’s a given!)
You’ll love working at Away because:
- We travel. We encourage you to take time to recharge outside of the office. You’ll have generous PTO to explore new places and access to Away products to ensure your travels are seamless. And once you’re here for three years, you’ll earn a sabbatical and a bonus to take a well-deserved trip.
- We’re not just employees. We’re people. We offer insurance coverage (health, vision, and dental), tax savings plans for retirement, dependent care, commuter benefits, reimbursements to incentivize you to work out, generous and inclusive parental leave, and a kitchen stocked with organic snacks and coffee.
- We’ll invest in your career. Our company’s growing quickly, and we’ll give you the opportunity to do the same. You’ll have access to a number of professional development opportunities so that you can keep up with the company’s evolving needs.
- We’re creating an environment where everyone can thrive. Our customers are global and diverse, so we’re building a team that is, too. Through initiatives like our employee resource groups, our new office in downtown Manhattan, and more, we’re building the cultural foundation that gives people the emotional and physical space to bring their best selves to work.
- We offer competitive compensation packages. We deeply value the talent our team brings to the table, and believe that fair and equitable total compensation packages are part of our commitment to everyone who works here.
- And so much more…! You can bring your dog to work. We’ll give you money every month to grab coffee with coworkers. We have weekly team lunches and regular happy hours. We organize ways to give back to our local communities.
Away (www.awaytravel.com) is a modern lifestyle brand creating thoughtful products designed to transform travel.
Since our launch in February 2016, we have become one of the fastest growing consumer brands in the world. We have sold millions of travel products, grown from a team of four to over 250, expanded shipping to nearly 40 countries, opened seven stores across two countries, and launched several new products and experiences that are inspiring more people to travel the world. And we know that’s just the beginning!
In just over three years, we have already been twice named one of Fast Company’s “World’s Most Innovative Companies,” one of TIME’s “50 Most Genius Companies,” and a Forbes “Next Billion Dollar Startup.” We have also raised more than $156M in total equity funding to fuel our next phase of growth.
Today, we’re expanding into new travel product categories including apparel, wellness and lifestyle accessories as well as investing in the growth of physical retail in the US and abroad--with the plan to open 50 new stores in the next three years. Sound like something you want to be part of? We’re hiring!