We are a global lifestyle brand built on transforming the travel experience. In support of our mission, we are seeking a Senior Manager of Customer Insights to join our Customer Insights team.
Our Customer Insights team transforms how we put customers and their stories at the center of every brand decision. Our team understands the attitudes, behaviors, needs, and interests of both current and future customers through custom quantitative and qualitative research. We measure the impact of our brand strategies and initiatives with customers and continually seek new ways of understanding travelers and how Away can best serve them.
Want to help us transform the travel industry? The ideal candidate will have experience in guiding the development and execution of strategic consumer research that identifies meaningful insights and drives actions from results. You will work closely with cross-functional leaders in our physical product launch pipeline, including Product Development, Design, and Product Marketing, and will be a champion for the needs of both current and future customers. You will report into the Director, Customer Insights and be based in our SoHo headquarters.
As a company that values inclusion, Away seeks individuals of all backgrounds and experiences to apply for this position.
What You'll Do:
- Lead the development and execution of consumer research, both primary and secondary, for new physical product launches and ongoing product assortment maintenance
- Partner with cross-functional leaders to understand learning objectives that will inform both quantitative and qualitative research development, deployment, and analysis to drive actionable recommendations and thoughtful decisions about the future of our product
- Set the direction for research priorities based on what will bring the best products to market for our current and future customers, informing concept ideation and validation through sample testing and monitoring post-launch success
- Utilize existing research and data, while proactively integrating new sources of data and information to ensure the most impactful and relevant insights are brought to life for our teams
- Collaborate with Customer Insights Director to support strategic research initiatives and foster a customer-first mentality to empower partners as customer experts and advocates
Who You Are:
- 5-8 years relevant work experience in highly strategic and analytical roles with proven ability to transform insights into action; can be a combination of supplier and brand experience across industries
- Quantitative and qualitative research experience with range of methodologies and tools is a must, and candidate should be comfortable with writing survey questionnaires and discussion guides, developing screeners and sample plans, and analyzing data to develop findings; survey programming and qualitative in-person interview moderation experience a plus
- Curious problem solver that is “customer-obsessed” and focused on developing clear research plans that identify the best methods for delivering actionable, results-driven decisions
- Detail-oriented mindset with strong project management, process, and organizational skills; can prioritize effectively to manage multiple projects, and varied timelines
- Skilled in Microsoft and Google analysis / presentation tools; familiarity with Looker a plus
- Hard working with a "no task is too small" attitude
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment
- Passionate about travel (but that’s a given!)
You’ll love working at Away because:
- We travel. We encourage you to take time to recharge outside of the office. You’ll have four weeks of PTO to explore new places and access to Away products to ensure your travels are seamless. And once you’re here for three years, you’ll earn a sabbatical and a bonus to take a well-deserved trip.
- We’re not just employees. We’re people. We offer 401(k) match, insurance coverage (health, vision, and dental), tax savings plans for retirement, generous and inclusive parental leave, dependent care, commuter benefits, reimbursements to incentivize you to work out, and a kitchen stocked with snacks and coffee.
- We’ll invest in your career. Our company’s growing quickly, and we’ll give you the opportunity to do the same. You’ll have access to a number of professional development opportunities so that you can keep up with the company’s evolving needs.
- We’re creating an environment where everyone can thrive. Our customers are global and diverse, so we’re building a team that is too. Through initiatives like our employee resource groups and inclusion training, we’re building the cultural foundation that gives people the emotional and physical space to bring their best selves to work.
- We offer competitive compensation packages. We deeply value the talent our team brings to the table and believe that fair and equitable total compensation packages are part of our commitment to everyone who works here.
- And so much more…! You can bring your dog to work. We’ll give you money every month to grab coffee with coworkers. We have weekly team lunches and regular happy hours. We also organize monthly opportunities to give back to our local communities.
Launched in 2016 by co-founders Steph Korey and Jen Rubio, Away is a global lifestyle brand with a mission to transform travel. By selling directly to customers both online and through retail stores, Away is able to eliminate retailer mark up and offer high quality, thoughtfully designed luggage and travel essentials without driving up the price. In just under four years, Away has already been twice named one of Fast Company’s “World’s Most Innovative Companies,” and one of TIME’s “50 Most Genius Companies”. Away is headquartered in New York City, with offices in London and Sydney. To learn more, visit awaytravel.com.
Away is dedicated to hiring a diverse workplace that celebrates an inclusive culture and a sense of belonging. As an equal opportunity employer, we do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, gender expression, and sexual orientation), national origin, age, veteran status, genetic information or disability. Away is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.