Away is seeking a Senior Manager to join our Customer Insights team and help shape how we put the customer at the center of all our product decisions. We are a global lifestyle brand that is on a mission to create thoughtful products designed to transform travel. In support of our mission, the ideal candidate will have had experience in guiding the development and execution of strategic consumer research that identifies meaningful insights and drives actions from results. You will work closely with cross-functional leaders in our physical product launch pipeline, including Product Development, Design, and Product Marketing, and will be a champion for the needs of both current and future customers. You will report into the Director of Customer Insights, and this position will be based in SoHo, NYC.
As a company that values inclusion, Away seeks individuals of all backgrounds and experiences to apply for this position.
What You'll Do:
- Lead the development and execution of consumer research, both primary and secondary, for new physical product launches and ongoing product assortment maintenance
- Partner with cross-functional leaders to understand learning objectives that will inform both quantitative and qualitative research development, deployment, and analysis to drive actionable recommendations and thoughtful decisions about the future of our product
- Set the direction for research priorities based on what will bring the best products to market for our current and future customers, informing concept ideation and validation through sample testing and monitoring post-launch success
- Utilize existing research and data, while proactively integrating new sources of data and information to ensure the most impactful and relevant insights are brought to life for our teams
- Collaborate with Customer Insights Director to support strategic research initiatives and foster a customer-first mentality to empower partners as customer experts and advocates
Who You Are:
- 5-8 years relevant work experience in highly strategic and analytical roles with proven ability to transform insights into action; can be a combination of supplier and brand experience across industries
- Quantitative and qualitative research experience with range of methodologies and tools is a must, and candidate should be comfortable with writing survey questionnaires and discussion guides, developing screeners and sample plans, and analyzing data to develop findings; survey programming and qualitative in-person interview moderation experience a plus
- Curious problem solver that is “customer-obsessed” and focused on developing clear research plans that identify the best methods for delivering actionable, results-driven decisions
- Detail-oriented mindset with strong project management, process, and organizational skills; can prioritize effectively to manage multiple projects, and varied timelines
- Collaborative working style with ability to build strong cross-functional relationships and influence decision-making through both written and verbal communication
- Skilled in Microsoft and Google analysis / presentation tools; familiarity with Looker a plus
- Hard working with a "no task is too small" attitude.
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment.
- Passionate about travel (but that’s a given!)
You’ll love working at Away because:
- We travel. We believe that getting away changes your understanding of the world around you. You’ll have generous PTO to explore new places and access to Away products to ensure your travels are seamless. And after three years with Away, you’ll earn a sabbatical and a bonus to take an additional well-deserved trip.
- We’re not just employees. We’re people. As a global company, our benefits and perks vary by region, but they align with our commitment to support our employees’ wellbeing both inside and outside of work. We offer insurance coverage, financial contributions for retirement, generous and inclusive parental leave, and a kitchen stocked with snacks and coffee to keep you fueled throughout the day.
- We’ll invest in your career. Our company’s growing quickly, and we’ll give you the opportunity to
- do the same. You’ll have access to a number of professional development opportunities so that you can keep up with the company’s evolving needs and grow your career along the way.
- We’re creating an environment where everyone can thrive. Our customers are global and diverse, so we’re building a team that is, too. Through initiatives like our employee resource groups, company-wide trainings, and events, we’re building an inclusive environment where people can bring their best selves to work.
- We offer competitive compensation packages. We deeply value the talent and impact our team brings to the table, and believe that fair and equitable total compensation packages are part of our commitment to everyone who works here.
- And so much more… Dogs in the office, complimentary coffee with coworkers, weekly team lunches, quarterly team outings, and organized volunteer opportunities to give back to our local communities!
Away (www.awaytravel.com) is a modern lifestyle brand creating thoughtful products designed to transform travel.
Since our launch in February 2016, we have become one of the fastest growing consumer brands in the world. We have sold millions of travel products, grown from a team of four to over 250, expanded shipping to nearly 40 countries, opened seven stores across two countries, and launched several new products and experiences that are inspiring more people to travel the world. And we know that’s just the beginning!
In just over three years, we have already been twice named one of Fast Company’s “World’s Most Innovative Companies,” one of TIME’s “50 Most Genius Companies,” and a Forbes “Next Billion Dollar Startup.” We have also raised more than $156M in total equity funding to fuel our next phase of growth.
Today, we’re expanding into new travel product categories including apparel, wellness and lifestyle accessories as well as investing in the growth of physical retail in the US and abroad--with the plan to open 50 new stores in the next three years. Sound like something you want to be part of? We’re hiring!