Away is seeking a Senior Manager, Retail Marketing to lead marketing communications strategy and execution to drive quality traffic, engagement and conversion in our growing, global network of stores. This role connects our brand purpose and product strategy with the way we show up at retail through in-store creative, messaging, and visual merchandising. As the key liaison between Brand Marketing and Retail Operations, this person will ensure that our marketing communication plans are translated to our store teams effectively to give our customers a seamless online and offline experience. We’re looking for a strategic leader who is equal parts art and science, with creative acumen and data-driven fluency to partner alongside our cross-functional teams. A passion for culture, creativity, and customers is a must—this person will be the keeper and evangelist of our brand strategy to all of our retail teams. The role reports to the VP of Brand Marketing and is based in our SoHo, New York Headquarters.
What You'll Do:
- Champion our brand strategy—acting as the key touchpoint on the Brand Marketing team for our Retail teams at HQ and at our stores
- Act as the guardian for our brand standards and guidelines across retail marketing communications
- Be responsible for driving retail marketing strategy and execution for all brand-led initiatives to drive traffic, in-store engagement and conversion
- Collaborate with Product Marketing, Creative, and Retail Operations teams to ensure our stores are prepared for new product launches with aligned positioning, collateral and talking points
- Work with our Visual Merchandising team to ensure our products and communications reflect our brand purpose and product positioning
- Partner closely with our Community Events team to support regular retail programming and event needs
- Generate new, creative ways to bring our brand to life in store that will drive engagement with our products and drive conversion
- Leverage shopper insights to enhance in-store messaging and collateral elements
- Build ongoing communications, information-sharing, and feedback processes with our retail teams to continuously iterate and optimize our in-store experience
- Develop and maintain key performance metric dashboards that track the efficacy of our Retail Marketing activity; share results, learnings and best practices across our retail network
Who You Are:
- You have 5-8 years of relevant working experience; brand management and/or retail marketing experience preferred
- You are customer-obsessed—you understand our customer and how to speak to them at every point of the marketing funnel
- You obsess over how our brand shows up and have exceptionally high personal standards
- You are familiar with brand strategy, creative development, retail execution and associated KPIs—having executed effective retail marketing programs at scale, driving business results and brand equity along the way
- You have experience managing retail marketing strategies across a number of product categories
- You’ve led creative briefs and can deliver actionable feedback
- You have exceptional communication skills that can drive impact across teams, both local and remote
- You are culturally-aware and naturally curious—you know what other brands are doing in the retail marketing space
- You thrive in a fast-paced environment—agile and nimble in both leadership and execution
- You are hard-working with a "no task is too small" attitude
- You are never satisfied with the status quo, always thinking "how can we do this better?"
- You love to travel (but that's a given)—willing to travel for work
You’ll love working at Away because:
- We travel. We believe that getting away changes your understanding of the world around you. You’ll have generous PTO to explore new places and access to Away products to ensure your travels are seamless. And after three years with Away, you’ll earn a sabbatical and a bonus to take an additional well-deserved trip.
- We’re not just employees. We’re people. As a global company, our benefits and perks vary by region, but they align with our commitment to support our employees’ wellbeing both inside and outside of work. We offer insurance coverage, financial contributions for retirement, generous and inclusive parental leave, and a kitchen stocked with snacks and coffee to keep you fueled throughout the day.
- We’ll invest in your career. Our company’s growing quickly, and we’ll give you the opportunity to
- do the same. You’ll have access to a number of professional development opportunities so that you can keep up with the company’s evolving needs and grow your career along the way.
- We’re creating an environment where everyone can thrive. Our customers are global and diverse, so we’re building a team that is, too. Through initiatives like our employee resource groups, company-wide trainings, and events, we’re building an inclusive environment where people can bring their best selves to work.
- We offer competitive compensation packages. We deeply value the talent and impact our team brings to the table, and believe that fair and equitable total compensation packages are part of our commitment to everyone who works here.
- And so much more… Dogs in the office, complimentary coffee with coworkers, weekly team lunches, quarterly team outings, and organized volunteer opportunities to give back to our local communities!
Away (www.awaytravel.com) is a modern lifestyle brand creating thoughtful products designed to transform travel.
Since our launch in February 2016, we have become one of the fastest growing consumer brands in the world. We have sold millions of travel products, grown from a team of four to over 250, expanded shipping to nearly 40 countries, opened seven stores across two countries, and launched several new products and experiences that are inspiring more people to travel the world. And we know that’s just the beginning!
In just over three years, we have already been twice named one of Fast Company’s “World’s Most Innovative Companies,” one of TIME’s “50 Most Genius Companies,” and a Forbes “Next Billion Dollar Startup.” We have also raised more than $156M in total equity funding to fuel our next phase of growth.
Today, we’re expanding into new travel product categories including apparel, wellness and lifestyle accessories as well as investing in the growth of physical retail in the US and abroad--with the plan to open 50 new stores in the next three years. Sound like something you want to be part of? We’re hiring!